Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic alwaysRA23's Avatar

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

im sure he feels much better about it now

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Reminder to self, pay upfront with Linden.

Linden, I wholeheartedly support your cause, but this heresay you are typing should be limited, as it may be used against you when the person in question slips and falls, causing them to be financially drained.

I too have had many many good experiences on Toymods with trading. The only really sour one was nothing to do with the purchaser, it was to do with Aus Post. They requested COD, which I was happy to oblige with, but after 3 months of not seeing my money from Aus Post, I was once bitten twice shy about COD. It turns out the money order they sent back to me had fallen down a crack in the delivery van, and stayed as thus until a week after it was cancelled and a new one sent and arrived, when the original also turned up!!

So be wary of Aus post... they are about as useful at boobies on a bull. The fact I missed out on $70 one christmas and it took them 3 months to cancel the original and send a new one is what pissed me off, not the bit about them losing the bit of paper originally.

I also agree with a controlled hall of shame.
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Hmmm, it's all very open to interpretation. You say that a big guy at your door is intimidating (I agree mostly with you on that).

Now consider government agencies including the ATO who will have a young skinny guy or girl on the other end of the phone demanding you pay up, doesn't sound intimidating does it? Then check out the powers they have under legislation to seize goods, even BEYOND the value of the debt that you owe!

Many government agencies can legally sell your home to recover a $5000 debt if you refuse to simply pay upfront and they cannot get a lead on other collection avenues.

Now to me, loosing my house over a $5000 debt... That's intimidation. (grnated it's also be might stupid if I let them take the house rather than giving them the money).

Just for clarification I dont owe the ATO any money

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshstix
    However in any group of 10000 or so people some of them are going to be from the bottom of the barrel.
    Oh god, they're on to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Reminder to self, pay upfront with Linden.
    Well unfortunately after recent events with 1 forum member this is the only way i will operate from now on, sucks that one bad egg spoils it for all but hey thats just the way life is.

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Linden, I wholeheartedly support your cause, but this heresay you are typing should be limited, as it may be used against you when the person in question slips and falls, causing them to be financially drained.
    Yeah i hear what you are saying but none of this could be used in an australian court due to how easily others could hack somebody's account thus nobody knows exactly who typed what, therefore leading to a "heresay" arguement and being thrown out as evidence.

Tis good having barristers in the family to know where both sides from a legal point of view.

But this is getting off topic anyway as this thread was started to sort out individuals problems with recieving goods/money they had paid for/sold on these forums, i was just using my experience to point out that it doesn't always come down to money but the fact that an agreement was made between 2 ppl and 1 of them decided that they wouldn't hold true to their word, tis unfortunate when a persons word is no longer good enough and contracts need to be written in order for individuals to get what they agreed on.

i also support a moderated wall of shame but i doubt the mods/admin would allow such a thing as there are always a number of excuses somebody could make for non delivery/payment.

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13
    Oh god, they're on to me.
    talking about you,

did that issue get sorted out?
    if not let me know and ill see if i can fix it for you

cheers
    the guy who even tries to help canberrians
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

it got 50% sorted, thanks very much for your help and willingness to read my 14, billion page essay-pm history..

Pretty much paid the whole motor off, and now the builder is saying the $650 labour was only to put the "short" motor together.

wtf.

After this car is finished - I do not dabble in mass-modification for a year or 5 I think, obviously the making of friends who can help me with work permitting.

At the moment all I get is confused looks or people making blow-off valve sounds with their mouths and fist pumping the sky, the enthusiasm is appreciated but its not enthusiasm and fist pumping that'll halp me save a few bucks.

Thanks again Linden, much appreciated.
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by da_horse
    i once sent a member some parts, and told them the parts are free, just pay for postage. i never got paid the postage and when i asked for it to be DD, the reply was sorry i don't trust DD. postage was around $20 as they were quite heavy parts. not doing that again.
    Huy,

On getting the details of the above mentioned incident I have looked into it and helped the other Moderator you contacted get this resolved. Your Toymods membership renewal was paid today on your behalf by the forum member in question. Kirsty will no doubt PM you if required once I fix the PC/Internet Connection at home
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Thanks again Linden, much appreciated.
    thats cool, and yes engine builders suck balls.

give me a shout if i can assist any further with the project.

cheers
    linden

Junior Member Grease Monkey gargoyleman's Avatar

whats wrong with honesty excuses are like arseholes everyone has one

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyleman
    whats wrong with honesty excuses are like arseholes everyone has one

speak for yourself.

*sniffs*

ahh the days of pooing, how I miss them!!

AGE-16V Automotive Encyclopaedia Dimmy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    You gotta love the Law sometimes, All it takes is a "licence" to make it legal It wasn't until I was in the Auto trade I realised just how easy it was to have "Debts Collected" Or legs broken etc

Strong Suggestion - Never Cross someone in the Automotive industry.
    So true! Especially if they're based in West Sydney. I've seen some of the stuff going on and damn

I just make sure i don't do anything/buy that i can't afford to pay...simple One of my close mates has a fair bit owing to him and i just make sure im all paid for
    I have been pruned by old man river!!!!!

Mödërätör Automotive Encyclopaedia

speak for yourself.

*sniffs*

ahh the days of pooing, how I miss them!!
    Just a suggestion regarding your pooping problem... owe Linden some money. He'll rip you a new arsehole.
    Simon.

1991 Toyota Cressida (JZX83).
    1967 Morris Mini Deluxe (1330cc A+).

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

No need Slim, modern science can provide everything Tom requires;

AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Tom has a dual purpose anus located on the front of his face, how else could he talk so much shit

Just kidding Tom, dry your eyes little buddy