Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Z2TT.

Firstly.
    Stalking is not the answer, honestly that post was a waste of my reading time

if there is a issue then by all means contact us. I personally have chased down a heap of parts/payments that have not been delivered.

Pube and GA70H_92

I suggest you 2 work out what went wrong like civil people and come to an agreement. Honestly there is nothing the board can do about this one.

O Man,

Just to Clarify,
    We NEVER give out details to anyone
    We will contact a person on behalf of another but never give out a persons personal details and ONLY will if we are approached directly by the police.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

GA70, if you have experience in the electronics industry, surely it isn't hard to replace the burnt track with a bit of wire and install a new resistor?

ditty man Grease Monkey

last time i got ripped off i posted his details on the forum of what the low life did and i got the money that night after people demanded him to pay up lawl

Deep Fried Backyard Mechanic ONETEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TERRA Operative
    GA70, if you have experience in the electronics industry, surely it isn't hard to replace the burnt track with a bit of wire and install a new resistor?
    I think thats missing the point a little though, im sure he would of bought rooted ecu if he had intentions to repair it. Plus the fact he paid working price not broken price. Seeing the story from Pube's point of view though, if it left his hands in good working order, then whos to say how it became broken?

Tough one these, shame to see an argo over it though, surely some sort of mutual agreement can be reached??
    Old School: 1971 Datsun 1200 Deluxe Coupe all original... yep factory twin cam turbo
    Daily: 2006 Hilux Dual Cab D4D 4WD

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi,
    I have a question,
    are you allowed to use someone elses account to sell stuff on the forums?

It's just that I'm probably being ripped off by this guy who tells me his brother sold me his car, part of the conditions with the car was an uncut dash. I ended up forgetting to pickup the dash at the time I picked up the car, I message him later and he says his brother took it back, now he is trying to sell it on here for $250.

Link: http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38354

any help here would be appreciated,

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Hmm... difficult one, especially now that you are in the middle of what appears to be a family fued. What have you got in writing that states the car comes with the uncut dash?? If you were promised the dash, it is up to the person who sold it to you to pay the other brother for selling it without permission. If you have nothing in writing, then your boned.
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Hmm... difficult one, especially now that you are in the middle of what appears to be a family fued. What have you got in writing that states the car comes with the uncut dash?? If you were promised the dash, it is up to the person who sold it to you to pay the other brother for selling it without permission. If you have nothing in writing, then your boned.
    That still doesn't answer my question, are you allowed to use someone else's profile to sell item's on the forum?

I'll think of something.. Backyard Mechanic -NiCkeL-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin.The.Robot
    That still doesn't answer my question, are you allowed to use someone else's profile to sell item's on the forum?

The rules:
    No posting of items for other people. This is a free forum, so anyone is entitled to try to sign up & post for themselves.

That's the FIRST rule, if you've read through the rules and regulations of advertising on Toymods. So to answer your question, no, you can't sell anything on behalf of someone.
    Classic Celica Club of Victoria - http://cccvic.cjb.net

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au - The place to go for all things Classic Celica...

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I've spent the best part of 45minutes cleaning up the crap in this thread.

Please keep it related to issues where you have been ripped off.

If there is a dispute between people over selling of items and/or the condition those items were recieved, then take it between yourselves, and not in this thread. If you still have issues you can email the board, but there is little we can do when it is one members word against another members word.

Let's keep the e-peens and other banter out of this thread please.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin.The.Robot
    The answer is NO !

And the Lilcrash account has now been banned.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

GA70H_92,

Electrical goods can be fragile items. If Pube sold the item as "known good" when he sent it then it really is an unfortunate situation for yourself. He has no way of knowing what happened to it once it left his possesion and is as you said yourself a high rep and well regarded Toymodder. This is deffinatly not a board related issue.
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT

Built not Bought Grease Monkey Rosie's Avatar

Angry Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

hey fellas, I recently did a favour for a 2000+ rep member on this froum and purchased a set of discs for them and machined them up for them, at considerable cost and time to me.

I didn't send them until they proved payment, which I did after i seen a screen dump of their payment to my account ( or so I thought).

they placed the screen dump of the transaction on the forum, ( little did i realise but it is the screen before u actually confirm payment).

Anyway I have sent the item and they have it, and I have no money.

I have sent alot of Pm's and emails but the only reply so far is 'U saw the payment when i put it on the forum'.

i don't know what more I can do before I go somewhere I don't want to, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Who greased my Grease Monkey Baref00t's Avatar

Ask them to print their transaction records from week surrounding the supposed payment to prove it went out of their account. Maybe they sent it to the wrong spot?
    Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Hmm... that's like saying "my X3 excel isn't homo, it's got a 4G63 in it!!" A decent motor doesn't make a car less homo. Sorry, just makes you a quick poof!!
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22706

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Rosie,
    Send me any pm's and stuff ( both sent and recieved)you have As well as a link to the thread where it all started. and I'll contact this person and find out what is going on.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie
    hey fellas, I recently did a favour for a 2000+ rep member on this froum and purchased a set of discs for them and machined them up for them, at considerable cost and time to me.

I didn't send them until they proved payment, which I did after i seen a screen dump of their payment to my account ( or so I thought).

they placed the screen dump of the transaction on the forum, ( little did i realise but it is the screen before u actually confirm payment).

Anyway I have sent the item and they have it, and I have no money.

I have sent alot of Pm's and emails but the only reply so far is 'U saw the payment when i put it on the forum'.

i don't know what more I can do before I go somewhere I don't want to, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Rosie,

As Barefoot has suggested you need them to provide you will actual proof of payment. It should be easy for them to bring up the details of the transactionon the internet banking and provide it for you. There is every chance they got your account details wrong. Only the person sending the money can checkthi, not you as the receiver of said coin. The sending of payment confirmation should be sent via email or PM of course for protection of personal information.

IF they refuse to do that and look into it for you then its fairly clear they are a dodgy fucker who didn't pay you and your first step is to name them and shame them to prevent them defrauding someone else.

You need to remember banks are theives so if the transfer went to an invalid account there is every chance it is still sitting in "limbo" earning the bank interest.
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT