Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: -- November Cruise --- Its time to MEGA Cruise Sunday the 2nd

Junior Member Grease Monkey MAD79R's Avatar

Default Re: -- November Cruise --- Its time to MEGA Cruise Sunday the 2nd

BIG thanks to Stitt for putting so much effort into this cruise .you always do so much for the toyota community and the distance you travel for these cruises is awesome
    sorry i could only make it halfway but was great to cruise with all types of toyotas.BIG THANKS also to those that came along
    cheers Steve
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") ITS ALIVE

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Was a reasonable day, bit disappointed by the turnout - Supra Sailing Club and distinct lack of xA Celicas (apart from Fonzy) meant that it was more of a regatta than a cruise. Still, good to get both the 102 and the 82 out for a run, had a nice run down the beginning of McCarrs too until we hit traffic (was right at the front), day turned into a big downer when the 82 seemed to chuck a wobbly, massive roaring/rumbling noise from the front left wheel is almost certainly wheel bearing. I can tell you it is NOT fun nursing a car all the way along the freeway to Newcastle at 60km/h, let alone with the noises and shocks it was making. Ended up taking about 3 1/2-4 hours just to get home (normally takes 2)

Quote Originally Posted by trdee
    yeah the supras doing burnouts and then leaving us to deal with the aftermath of the cops was annoying. got some good videos of them doing skids.... but i deleted it lol
    So the cops did end up showing up? Saw a patrol car heading that way just after I left, but couldn't tell if they were on a mission or not. Considering the way the 'Luxes and Supras were acting, I'm not surprised though.
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

AGE-16V Automotive Encyclopaedia Dimmy's Avatar

Thanks to Stitt, Farkurnell and everyone else for a great drive out, even my girlfriend gives you the thumbs up for the cruise and food Some really nice cars there! Personally i loved fon22y and the ke04me with the fj20

I'll agree with everyone and vote not to invite the supra's next time, there was probably 5 or 6 that ruined it leaving that carpark. I was filling up at the BP on the way out and saw a patrol car, did they end up paying a visit to the carpark?
    I have been pruned by old man river!!!!!

Forum Member

yepp.. thanks to the organisers of this event.. was pretty madd [=.. very well organised.. and props to the chefs t0o.. g0od job [=

from nyteskye .. black lux

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

The Stitt,

Just coming over from supraforums.com.au as the NSW Supra Club Secretary/Membership Coordinator to apologise the reckless, inconsiderate and dangerous behaviour caused by the Supras that attended the Cruise.

To my knowledge, the Supras that attended were not part of the NSWSC. Unfortunately though, it has also had a negative impact on the NSWSC as most people present would assume that the Supras which attended were in the Club.

We appreciate your efforts to unifying the Toyota community by extending your invitations to all the online Toyota forums. However, as a result of today's unfortunate events; for future meets, please do not hesitate to tell anyone from sf.com.au that they are not welcome if you believe they will have a negative impact on Toymods' image - especially if they are not from the NSWSC (easily recognised by the Club stickers) as not all Toymods events are sanctioned by our Club and therefore we cannot enforce our rules upon the offenders.

Once again, I apologise for this embarrassing incident and hope to maintain a positive relationship between the NSWSC and Toymods as we have had successful meets at Toyota Nationals and Toyofest over the past 3 years.

-Alan
    94 Supra - Single

Junior Member Domestic Engineer 1jz68u's Avatar

not all the supras were naughty........ well i wasn't.

i came from toymods though rather than supraforum so maybe thats the difference. not sure.

but great work to stitt and all the others involved in the organization of the day it was really awesome.

my wife and daughters had a good time as well and all felt very welcomed by the toymodders.

good to meet a few guys as well. will do my best to attend more events.

Great work.
    Glenn
    Current Ride http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41123
    Previous 3SGTE ST162, 1JZ Cressida 215RWKW-ET 13.318, Celsior, XT forester, 3SGE KE70.
    Quote Originally Posted by NME308 View Post
    You do of course realize forgiveness is easier to gain than permission right???
    Cheers, Jason

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro
    So the cops did end up showing up? Saw a patrol car heading that way just after I left, but couldn't tell if they were on a mission or not. Considering the way the 'Luxes and Supras were acting, I'm not surprised though.
    yeah a patrol car came over for a chat, stitt told em what happened and they seemed happy enough with the story. i was one of the last to leave, as i left the carpark there was a highway patrol car about to turn in.... so yeah not the best attention for us today
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Due to family commitments I could not make the cruise this year, which is a little disappointing as I was looking forward to taking Trini on a cruise.

Thanks to Stitt, his Dad, Farky-babe and Scrote for the work they did.

I was told about the dickhead P-platers who did the burn-outs and attracted the cops. It is retards like this that give the rest of the car enthusiast scene a bad name.

As such, if anyone knows if they are members of these forums, please PM me so I can effectively ban them for good from this site.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

when will people learn there is a time and a place for everything?
    sounds like it was a good day, if only the oldies were interstate this weekend instead of next i would have come in the MR-S
    milk and juice come in 2L, The cheapest wines come in 5L, the finest vodka comes in 1L

Nath #347 Backyard Mechanic PHOBIA's Avatar

Top cruise Stilly, a good drive with a good bunch of people and the weather ended up holding out for us.

A big thanks to Stitty for organizing a great cruise. Also have to thank Stitt Sr, Farkenhell and his son for slaving over the hot plate while the hungry hordes of people salivated over their steaks and snags.

PHOBIA performed faultlessly, and am really looking forward to strapping on this smaller rear housing to make it a more pleasurable car to drive. Looking forward to next year already.
    1986 RT-142 Corona. Taking the phrase “WTF”, to a whole new level......

PHOBIA. Fear of.........investing your soul into customizing a "f@#kin what" a Corona???
    Click to see PHOBIA

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Yeah was a great drive, good too meet alot of you guys as i have been on this forum a while and this was my first toymods cruise with my own car. I didnt even see the said incident. Those guys were being a bunch off tosspots.

Thanks to Stitt (Luke i believe) and your family for putting on a mean barbie. Oh yeah and for organising the whole do, your efforts make this forum an even greater one.

Good to see a couple of MR2s and meet the nice fellas who own them.

Hiro: Your car turned so many heads and dropped so many jaws in manly it wasnt funny.

Mitch F1: Nice photos.

Hell even my girlfriend Stef enjoyed the whole thing (although i think some other girls there were not so impressed).

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cazAW11
    Hiro: Your car turned so many heads and dropped so many jaws in manly it wasnt funny.
    And thats whilst still on stock suspension and front wheels covered in brake dust (even though I'd washed them that morning, albeit not very well). Should be even better with an FX-GT front bar and properly lowered, but damn funds are too tight at the moment.

Sounded bloody good going down McCarrs though, handled quite well too for stock suspension
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Forum Member

so where do the pix usualy get uploaded?

Junior Member Grease Monkey Yojimbo's Avatar

Big thanks to Stitty for putting together a well organised event, the maps and planning for this one has set a new standard!

Im pleasd to see my ride had the desired effect with most other cruisers assuming the lexus was unmodified and not even part of the cruise!

"Honestly Mr Officer Sir, I just came down here for a picnic and all these hoons showed up!"

Now ...Where's all the pics ??
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 03-11-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Wheres all teh pics???

Nath #347 Backyard Mechanic PHOBIA's Avatar

Sounds like I left at a good time..... Probably wouldn't have got away with that. ^^^^
    1986 RT-142 Corona. Taking the phrase “WTF”, to a whole new level......

PHOBIA. Fear of.........investing your soul into customizing a "f@#kin what" a Corona???
    Click to see PHOBIA