Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: -- November Cruise --- Its time to MEGA Cruise Sunday the 2nd

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

Default Re: -- November Cruise --- Its time to MEGA Cruise Sunday the 2nd

Had a great day out, great to get out and give the car one good run before I shoot overseas for a bit. Thanks to stitt for organising and for everyone else who was involved in the bbq etc. Good to catch up with some people and also great meet a few others
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Alchemist's Avatar

Afternoon ladies and gents,

Didn't make the cruise personally, but it sounds like everyone had a great time.

Being the general liason between Toymods and the Supraforums I suppose it falls on me to apologise to Toymods on behalf of Supraforums by the actions by some of our members at this cruise.

I can't speak officially on behalf of the NSW Supra Club as

a) I'm not a board member
    b) Being a member of www.supraforums.com.au and the NSW Supra Club are not the same entity.

Either way, I'm sorry the incident happend and for any extra Police attention it brought. We'll address it on the forums as we don't tolerate this kind of activity either!

Hoping the Supras are still welcome to other Toymods events.

Cheers,

Alch

Nath #347 Backyard Mechanic PHOBIA's Avatar

Here are a few pics I have from the day...... Enjoy.

1986 RT-142 Corona. Taking the phrase “WTF”, to a whole new level......

PHOBIA. Fear of.........investing your soul into customizing a "f@#kin what" a Corona???
    Click to see PHOBIA

Nath #347 Backyard Mechanic PHOBIA's Avatar

1986 RT-142 Corona. Taking the phrase “WTF”, to a whole new level......

PHOBIA. Fear of.........investing your soul into customizing a "f@#kin what" a Corona???
    Click to see PHOBIA

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by 1jz68u
    not all the supras were naughty........ well i wasn't..
    Neither was I.
    I left before all the Supras started ripping skids. I saw the Hiluxes do it though.
    However, I'm disappointed in anyone who did embarrass both the cruise, as well as themselves by acting so stupidly.

I vote the Hiluxes not be invited next year (specifcally the ones who insisted on sharing their shitty music at obnoxious volumes all day), as they were not only making a nuisance of themselves with skids and music, but they were also driving like utter twats all day.

Otherwise, it was a good day.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBIA
    Who's car is this?
    I used to park by it all the time when I was at UOW but could never work out who's car it was.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Well well what can I say but thanks.

I really appreciate the comments from everyone, and glad everyone had a great day. What makes it worth while to me is cruising with people to where they have never been or haven't been in years.

I would also have to say a big thanks to Greg, his son and my dad for cooking up the bbq, my dad didn't get to bring his crown nor did he go on the cruise he just meet us there.

Also would like to thanks Steve, Ben and Darren. For helping people out and leading packs of cars through out the day. I'm sure we would of lost way more cars if they had not nominated themselves as cars to follow.

While i'm saying thanks I would also like to thank all the other clubs that came out was good to see a great mix of cars out and about.

Well I wasn't to sure what to expect for this mega cruise, this thread and others around people seemed keen but not that keen and with the weather looking sus I had my doubts about the amout of food I'd bought.

However that all turned around as I got to homebush a twinky turned in way up a head of me and I thought gee for once I'm not going to be the first car there. We I was was blown away as I turned into the carpark with over 20 cars already kicking around.

Well we waited and hung around with random cars just slowly turning in up, then with a little bit of noise the Supras turned up, well don't you guys know how to make an entrance, was awsome seeing 20 odd supras all in a que and heading in to the car park.

After a few more straglers turned up we had our drivers meeting and handed out Daves awsome maps, with a bit of a talk thru we where off under some over cast sky.

We head out and towards the city I was in a mixed pack of cars however was great to look it to the rear view mirror and see a huge line of Toyotas.

Once again we took over the carpark at north head, with some creative parking we all managed to fit in even if some where a bit late.

After North head the bagged Crown and Corona showed how cruising should be done along manly beach, then we headed up to Mona Road for a quick stop. I will say that compared to previous years this was the least amount of time we have ever waited for people on Mona road.

After the quick stop on Mona Vale road we head down aroud church point, now I hope the road wasn't to rough for some but it was a good run down till we hit some traffic. Again it was awsome to see nothing but tuff toyota's in the rear view mirror.

The it was up towards Palm beach and a BBQ at Hitchcock park. The food was awsome and the drinks icy cold and we still hadn't had any rain.

So over all it was awsome to see so many tuff cars out and to put more names to faces and I am so stoked that everyone had a great day.

Unfortunalty I was left with a sad taste in the mouth. With the way a few people left the carpark. I would of thought in todays climate people would not really attract that kind of attention to themselves in such a busy public place.

Ps I am away from my normal internet connection, however I will up load some pics asap
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

yeah the doof doof was a bit annoying. didnt feel like i thought a toymods cruise would be like. probably due to the lack of oldschool cars and adubs lol
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Definetly agree with the bagged toyotas adding a nice touch or switch to cruising. I was following the crown through the main street of manly. I look away (generally at some glamour chicks) and the crown was on the deck, look away again, look back and she back to normal. Couldnt even hear a thing!
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Had to get over them speed humps Cuzzo.
    It's got silencers on the tank, that's why it's so quiet.

Cheers,Greg.

broom broom Automotive Encyclopaedia poida's Avatar

Missed the cruise as I only just got back to NSW at 1 pm, got a quick wash for the little mr2 and it was good to still see a few cars at Palm beach when i got there. Sounds like it was a good event, will have to make sure I catch the next one.

your mums an Carport Converter pato's Avatar

not all the supras were bad
    but as someone said before, i come primarily from toymods.
    so must be a a80 na sf thing

i only took a couple pics, all of which were crappy and primarily of my mates cars. but i will share none the less.

the lost supras lol

Quote Originally Posted by RAd28
    I certainly don't need to stick my hand in a blender to know it'll cut my fingers off, and i don't need to weave in and out of traffic at 120 to know it's fucking stupid.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic cri_ag's Avatar

hi all just like to say thanks to those who organized the cruise, i was very impressed with the flyer/map and the bbq was a perfect late night/early morning/hangover cure!

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by cri_ag
    hi all just like to say thanks to those who organized the cruise, i was very impressed with the flyer/map and the bbq was a perfect late night/early morning/hangover cure!
    It was fun following you through mccarrs creek.

drunken escapades Conversion King fatboy13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    Who's car is this?
    I used to park by it all the time when I was at UOW but could never work out who's car it was.
    Are you referring to the black supra? cos that mine
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ
    watching a bunch of supraforums members try to debate something technical is like watching a bunch of retards try to fuck a doorknob...