Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Curly_23's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

Yeah i think that's a really good idea case. Perhaps have the Toymods user ID on the windscreen of each car, or perhaps even get someone to make up some stickers or plates with the username on them ... so that everyone knows whos car is whos. Especially being from Canberra i still have no idea who's who. It was great seeing all the cars though... was an awesome turnout.

The CCG are also going to come up with some sort of "cruising protocol". It was a bit of a disaster leaving Homebush to say the least, as people went 5 different directions, and i was unlucky enough to get rediculously lost with Colin. Luckily Steve Miller (BIG THANKS MATE) found us on the highway (how the hell did that happen?????) and he fixed our fuck up. Stupid GPS would only find Woronora, not Woronora DAM!! lol Can't wait for the next event though that's going to be so good. Hopefully the numbers will only increase. It'd be really good if we can do it at a bigger venue, and have all the cars side by side in a huge arc so they can all be seen equally. The cars at the back of yesterdays shot could hardly be seen.

Huge thanks to the Toymods guys for organising the event, and preparing lunch.. it was much appreciated. Thanks to all the Canberra guys for making it, glad we could show that we ARE enthusiasts! lol Ceya at CCAD09!!

-Curly.
    Last edited by Curly_23; 25-05-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typo

Tyre Executioner Grease Monkey Matty's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

Hey guys i had an absolute blast! Great to see so many Celica's being driven not hidden, the way it should be Its already got ideas flowing through my brain about what else i wana do. Big thanks to all the organisers for the day, the food and maps.
    See you at the next outing.
    Matty OTA22T

I would like to be a Backyard Mechanic 3t-RA40's Avatar

Had a great day, first time the car has seen any action in 18 months
    Lots of little things to sort out including the turbo oil supply line that decided to leak. 2 hours and various tools brought from Bankstown Big W and we were on our way home again. Thanks to my co pilot Joey, Denae and Dave for hanging around and waiting to make sure we fixed it and to travel home with us to make sure we made it home.

Thanks to Toymods for organizing, maps and food on the day. Will be there next year for sure. I know its an RA40 but it's 29 years old next year.

Cheers,
    Neil.
    RA40 3t-gte. Haltech fitted.
    Power - 229hp at 17psi
    Toyota Nationals 2013, Easter Long Weekend, Dubbo, NSW

http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au/

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Neil,

Its was good to see a couple of RA40's there yesterday. The CCAD will of course always be a focus on the 1970 - 1977 Classic Celica's, However I was thinking today that it would be good to get all the RA40 owners along for the cruise as well. Have them as the 2nd group of cars and a seperate group photo.

There is no reason not to grow the event each year as the later models reach 30 years old. Just a thought
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

I would like to add my personal thanks to the Toymods cruise organisers, what a wonderful day, great turnout, and fabulous people.

A special thanks to Danae, and Kirsty for their superb efforts in feeding the starving masses, really appreciated..

With Rod's advanced warning, I might even be able to get a Celica ready for next May.

Many thanks Chuck.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

1941cc 2T-G Domestic Engineer w810sc's Avatar

Props to the organizers, Newcastle, Central coast and Canberra Celica groups for making it happen.

Was an "Unforgettable" moment driving down the 'meeting point' street at Homebush to see Celicas parked on both sides of the road for about 50m. I was like a kid at a candy store.

Quote Originally Posted by IN 05 NT
    im as jolly as a fat kid in a candy store
    Sorry for coming late as I was too excited and forgot my wallet, and my eradicate driving as my Celica was a bit on the low side, I was trying to avoid rough terrain so my exhaust didn't scrape (scraped anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by ravinda88
    awesome day, so many classic celicas WOW in one place

thanks fonzy for tunning my 22 goes heaps better now, felt the difference on the way back home lol

thanks bud

nice to tlk to fellow celica fans too
    Glad to help ya out, bring it around my way if you need any more help tunning the mighty 2T.

Can't wait for the next one as I should have more bells and whistles .

fonz
    deepdishfactory
    2T-G - Half the valves but twice the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    Neil,

Its was good to see a couple of RA40's there yesterday. The CCAD will of course always be a focus on the 1970 - 1977 Classic Celica's, However I was thinking today that it would be good to get all the RA40 owners along for the cruise as well. Have them as the 2nd group of cars and a seperate group photo.

There is no reason not to grow the event each year as the later models reach 30 years old. Just a thought
    Yeah,why not. I think there was only 3 or 4 RA40's there but I'm sure more would turn up.
    Maybe we should call 1970-1977 Vintage and RA40's classics and before any one says anything I was only joking.

I mainly went to finally take the car for a drive again and a bit of social chat with people we hadn't seen for a while. I was pretty tired as I hadn't been to bed Friday night getting the car ready so did get to talk to as many people as I would have liked.

Cheers,
    Neil.
    Power - 229hp at 17psi

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

I was pretty tired as I hadn't been to bed Friday night getting the car ready so did get to talk to as many people as I would have likedCheers,
    Neil
    Should've extracted that digit sooner duppa!!!!

You did good to get there at all. mwa

Junior Member Grease Monkey

had a blast guys i agree shouldnt have to wait another 12 months to have so much fun with these old girls. if i wasnt polishing mine so much i might have had time to mingle a bit sorry doods will put face to cars next trip.

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.petrovich
    had a blast guys i agree shouldnt have to wait another 12 months to have so much fun with these old girls.
    This is a great point but the fact is you don't have to. There is no reason why all these celica's couldn't attend events that don't say "Classic Celica" in the name of the day such as the Toyota Nationals and Toyota Fest etc.

It certainly was a good day even though I didn't get to spend any time checking out the cars

Big thanks to Danae for pitching in and running the BBQ with Kirsty for us. The favour won't go unrewarded consider us to owe you a job at the nationals

I'll give a quick rundown of the day from my perspective.
    1. Load up the MR2 for the day, fold up seat in the boot and that's full so a few cartons of drink in the front footwell
    2. Check oil and water etc to make sure the old girl is in good form as usual
    3. Head over to Homebush for the meet up only to have the check engine light come on as I turned into the olympics area
    4. Drive on to get to the car park only to find all of the car parks are full
    5. Continue on trying to figure out why I have a check engine light while also trying to call Rod to see if they have already got somewhere to park
    6. Pull up at the stop sign and wait for traffic at which point an old white van pulls up behind me and starts honking the horn
    7. In my stressed out frame of mind and seeing that I was waiting for a semi to go past I gave the occupants of the van a good serve of single finger salute and advice on who they may want to coppulate with
    8. Enthusiastically turn right through the intersection then pull off the side of the road to check out the engine
    9. Oh great the van has pulled up as well and the dude is getting out of the passenger side, looks like I'm going to get into a punch on as well
    10. Turns out he got out to ask where we're parking for the cruise, sorry about giving you a serve mate
    11. Get in touch with Rod and find out they are stopped on the side of the road with Joe and his broken Celica
    12. Go to meet those guys and figure out they'll need to put the car away, so we do a runner when the ranger turns up
    13. I headed off to find somewhere to park and noticed I was leading a few cars, unfortunately I had NFI where I was going so was not the prime leader to have
    14. Found an awesome empty car park, drove past 3 or 4 no entry exit only driveways to find that the main entrance was gated and locked
    15. Went back to find others and turned up to a side street packed to the gills with classic celica's

There was plenty more after that but I figured a run down on just how pear shaped the day was getting before we got it on the tracks might give someone a laugh.
    Last edited by Joshstix; 26-05-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy23
    Should've extracted that digit sooner duppa!!!!

You did good to get there at all. mwa
    Blah, Blah, Blah is all i'm hear'in right now.
    Power - 229hp at 17psi

Quote Originally Posted by 3t-RA40
    Blah, Blah, Blah is all i'm hear'in right now.

No worries, next time we'll leave your busted ass RA40 and you behind
    Last edited by Gypsy23; 26-05-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Junior Member Carport Converter Roscos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    Neil,

Why don't the board sit down and make a long weekend of it and travel down towards Victoria so the Vics, ACT and NSW people can all get together.
    Could be interesting.

Roscos

Quote Originally Posted by Roscos
    Why don't the board sit down and make a long weekend of it and travel down towards Victoria so the Vics, ACT and NSW people can all get together.
    Could be interesting.

Roscos
    Ummmm there is long weekend of Toyotas.........its called The Toyota Nationals and its on every Easter. .

Junior Member Grease Monkey shockadelica's Avatar

had an awesome day on saturday
    thanks for leaving one of those great easy to read maps on my windscreen!
    that definately came in handy.

and thanks to the girls for looking after the bbq and giving us something to eat.

this is the 2nd cruise i've been on
    the last one was a few years ago and was called the mega cruise or something.
    there were around 15 celicas on that one and we headed north towards palm beach.. amongst them was a aqua rotary, yogi and clockwork..i think owned by a joel ?

i think next time we should think of better strategies and ways to try and keep the convoy together.
    out of 34 celicas i was driving amongst only 4 or 5 i think.

perhaps a lead car should be allocated so that we all stick to the same route and we should spread across all available lanes when we hit the red lights so that we can all make it through.

another idea is to pull over a couple of times but only for a few brief moments so that people left behind can catch up but that would ofcourse be very hard with such a large group.

i personally didn't get left behind during the cruise but in my rear view i saw on 3 occasions someone get broken off from the convoy on their own.

i think even having brief chat or meeting before we head off would be good so that we can discuss these things.

thanks again everyone
    we should do this more often i think !!

once a year is not enough
    already want to group up again haha