Thread: G series Hi-ace axle for AE86

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default G series Hi-ace axle for AE86

I've located a G series axle: G284 4.3:1 ratio, 4 pinion open diff, but I'm wondering what aftermarket LSD will fit this i.e. Cusco/ TRD etc. as the car is for road use so an ARB air locker or welded is not what I want. I can't seem to find the exact information I need. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: G series Hi-ace axle for AE86

My Hiace axle has a factory 4.3:1 LSD diff, would a wrecker have one in OZ or does it have to be aftermarket

DOH just noticed your in Ireland. geeze I'm a dork teach me to type without coffee.
    Last edited by 1uzfekp60; 15-03-2008 at 03:17 PM.

anti blasphemy ! Carport Converter

you can get kaaz lsd's for them but im pretty shaw that there a 2way center
    you can make fit a ma70 center (machining needed) but i dont know much about this, tho somewhere on this forum all the info you need is here you just have to search the right question.
    i dont have a funny or cool signature.

Quote Originally Posted by fixeruperer
    you can get kaaz lsd's for them but im pretty shaw that there a 2way center
    you can make fit a ma70 center (machining needed) but i dont know much about this, tho somewhere on this forum all the info you need is here you just have to search the right question.
    We don't have much in the way of ma70's etc. lying around to try, so ideally if I could get a definite answer I'd order a new 2 way LSD for whatever car might match the Hi-ace axle.

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

there are 2 or 3 different G series centres to chose from, but which one you need im not 100% sure on.

if you post a pic and give me the dimensions ie bearing sizes/ widths, offset of crownwheel etc i may be able to point you in the right direction, but without that info all i can say is that all will fit but there may be abit machining required to do so.

is this the ratio you intend on using? if its not that may cause grief also as there was an offset change between certain ratios but i cant recall which ones.

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

truetrac do tosen LSDs for the G-series... a good hard street/soft-med track diff.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

truetrac do tosen LSDs for the G-series... a good hard street/soft-med track diff.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    there are 2 or 3 different G series centres to chose from, but which one you need im not 100% sure on.

if you post a pic and give me the dimensions ie bearing sizes/ widths, offset of crownwheel etc i may be able to point you in the right direction, but without that info all i can say is that all will fit but there may be abit machining required to do so.

is this the ratio you intend on using? if its not that may cause grief also as there was an offset change between certain ratios but i cant recall which ones.

cheers
    linden
    I don't have the axle but I spotted it in a scrapped Hi-ace, I checked the VIN and it was G284 so the ratio is 4.3:1. I'm not sure if an 8" rear is overkill maybe the 7.5" would be plenty for 4A-GTE with W58. I see people use Tarago rearends (F) I think these are Estimas over here which would be enough with an Altezza LSD.