Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: *** August Social Event: Canberra Day Trip to TRD Workshop Saturday 23rd August***

Underpowered Backyard Mechanic Moppitt's Avatar

Default Re: *** August Social Event: Canberra Day Trip to TRD Workshop Saturday 23rd August***

For the benefit of those that just saw this thread (ie Me), How was the tour/workshop?
    Any pics?
    Feeling down? See: Beyondblue or for youth see: Headspace or call Lifeline on 13 11 14
    Finally, a members ride thread. I present project One Thing Lead to Another (nominations for a better name are now open)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13 View Post
    Rabble, rabble rabble!!

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Alchemist's Avatar

Default Re: *** August Social Event: Canberra Day Trip to TRD Workshop Saturday 23rd August***

Unfortunately event cancelled due to seasonally cold weather...

*jokes*...

is a semi-motivated Domestic Engineer 1JZ~lux's Avatar

Unlucky for the owner of that garage.
    Petrol is for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking but NITRO IS FOR RACING!
    My pictures, Returning some time in the distant future.
    RN85 Hilux + 1JZ-GTE = 298.0HP @ 14PSI -- 60' 1.956 ET 13.775 MPH 99.49
    Project Korruption - Stage 1: The Resto. KE35 Corolla Hardtop daily driver

Gone from 005 to XR5! Automotive Encyclopaedia Matty P's Avatar

Default Re: *** August Social Event: Canberra Day Trip to TRD Workshop Saturday 23rd August**

I saw plenty of cameras there, so there should be some pics floating around

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Was a great day out down there.
    Tour was good, having a poke around the garage looking at all the spare and development parts was better

Lunch at the pub was brilliant.
    That whole indoor BBQ, cook your own beef, idea was fantastic.
    nothing better than a bunch a blokes standing around a BBQ talking crap... yet out of the cold Canberra air.

Took in a few sights around Canberra with the folks after that so can't fill in the rest of the goings on of the day.

When I've had a chance to get the pics off of the camera I'll get up what I took.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Here's a few quick pics I took with my phone

The engine bay of Neils old ST205 Group A car

The coolest thing in the place one of hte old Corolla WRC cars being rebuilt for Tarmac use

It was a good day out, thanks to Steve and Stitt for organising it.

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

yeah thanks fellas,

although I had to fight kleptomanical urges the entire time it was good to meet some new people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

I eated my Grease Monkey Lucida's Avatar

Didn't realise you were there Tom. Paul was supposed to confirm that you and Shane were two separate identities by taking a photo of the two of you together, in the same space time continuum, but he had to leave early to charge his flux capacitor.
    Mugatu - VW Golf GTI Mk VI - Won't make it up our drive way - D'Oh
    Derek - 1ZZ Corolla - Powered by pork rolls and durian shakes - SOLD
    Hansel - RZN174R Hilux - He's so hot right now.
    Katinka - AE92 Corolla - Occupier of the garage - SOLD

Junior Member Domestic Engineer ZZE92's Avatar

Intermesting - Shane WAS there in the morning but had to leave early.. How convenient

**back on topic edit**

Tour was great, thanks to all involved. The sense of budget you get whilst walking around is immense. I'd love one of those gearboxes but at $60K I don't think it will be happening.

Also, honourable mention of the tour goes to the ex-Group A AE92 parked around the back of the workshop.. Would give something of great value to be able to take that little baby home..
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    the snatch has been through hell and back and is still kicking!

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13
    yeah thanks fellas,

although I had to fight kleptomanical urges the entire time it was good to meet some new people.

A certain 4A-GE with 84,000kms on it along with several second hand rims from outside did look mighty tempting
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Those magnesium rear knuckles are what i need for the GT8....at over $3K the pair they are a little hard to justify (even if i could twist an arm to sell to me).
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Yeah I was drooling over them as well, I seem to remember mention of them being replaced after every event though.

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

So there's maybe a few going cheap second hand??
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

no chance boys but nice idea
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

yeah I was there, walking in Shanes shadow..

and occasionally chewing mitchs ear.

edit: I asked if the corolla's rally sump could hold up to one of my patented 'Shro Yu Kens', Kedderz told me to shutup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.