Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: *** July Social Event - Wednesday 16th July WSID Drag Racing 6.30pm ***

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Default Re: *** July Social Event - Wednesday 16th July WSID Drag Racing 6.30pm ***

Quote Originally Posted by RP071
    Can't go much further than the rev limit permits..........
    pick the next cog up in that lovely getrag and all your trampy nightmares will turn into a white cloud of smoke.

go on, you know you want to
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Default Re: *** July Social Event - Wednesday 16th July WSID Drag Racing 6.30pm ***

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    GoPro failed again?? all vids are 10-14 secs long WTF ....that would be fine if i started the camera on the line but vids started way back in the queue up. Why would it repeatedly time out?
    i had that problem... seems that the little suckers ONLY like brand new alkaline batteries... brand name ones at that too!
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Get a rotor Grease Monkey ATMO_BT1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RP071
    Here are some photos my mate Jamie took. Sorry they're just of the two Supra's at this stage but he has an absolute cracker of a photo of one of the Commodores shooting flames.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/funkynerd/
    Amazing photos!!

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Hey Jack, were you away on the night? didn't see you around.

Cheers
    Phil
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Hey Phil I was there all night, took a few snaps of your car in fact although I was simply too busy to talk to anyone really... was a huge night we had alot of noteworthy cars out there we had to cover. Congrats on the ten man, the car sounded like an absolute animal i saw it run a few times!

Greg said he spoke to you. We'd love to see the car in the mag soon.

Was a crazy busy night hey Jack. I didn't get too much of a chance to wander around for obvious reasons, but did notice some pretty impressive VL's and RX3's. Anything else of particular note?

I've responded to Greg's email, but might have a delay with the cage going in at the moment. Haven't heard back yet, he's obviously a busy man too!

Do your pics remain property of the mags, or do you publish them somewhere on the web also?

Cheers
    Phil

I've got all the pics, it's just very tough to find the time to go through them all, sort, resize, upload and post/email them hence why they usually end up in the magazine and that's it. If i can find time I'll distribute them off to the appropriate toymodders i.e yourself as i did for Blake yesterday but at the moment we're really under the pump.

So you're waiting to cage it before you run it in the mag? Just sit tight when it comes to Greg, he runs the entire mag on his own so 'busy' would be an understatement!

There were many many fast little rotors out there as you saw, plus Julian's orange VL 2 speed glide (8.75/157), Maatouk's IMNEXT manual H pattern VL (9.7), Ali's silver GTST R33 manual H pattern (10.00) and Paul's white R33 GTST manual H pattern (10.7 on just 20psi!). Great night, hope tonight is half as good again!

Yep, cage and paint hopefully, not sure how well the camera could hide the flawed bodywork if we were to go ahead right now.

I ran next to Maatouk's VL on that 9.7 run, I was happy with my car before that, now it seems so slow That thing snaked away like a rocket, they'd have to be happy with how it ran on a manual box.

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

Last night was mad, there wasnt to many toymodders that i saw, but me blake and ginger where there!

Me and blake both run best times, i'll let blake tell his story...

But i went on last night, for a 12.573 @ 109mph Very very happy! I still gotta wind the boost up and try with slicks, at present, standard 1j with stock rear springs

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

p00 powar Grease Monkey Jin~Jah's Avatar

Last night was the first time I've raced, and It was awesome fun!

I got 4 runs, all in the 13s, quickest was my second run:

13.77 @ 100.55 mph with a 2.019 60ft

On the 3rd run the 7m threw a PS belt, and that rubbed on the other belt the whole way down the track... I didn't realise till i got to the end and had to work a lot harder to get the car to turn around the return lane

I just cut the remnants of the belt off, had another run, then drove home after that!
    I'm quite eager to see what the car can get with more than 7psi of boost. A driver who knows what they're doing helps, but I was starting to get the hang of it by the 4th run

A++ WOULD DRAG AGAIN

Good work on the times guys. So the bug has bitten Jin~Jah?

Good work on the times guys. So the bug has bitten Jin~Jah?

heheh you might say that

I went back again in my car last night, this time with some mates and their cars
    (turbo AU LPG falcon, a manual NA R34, and a stock 4door automatic turbo r33)
    There was a supercharged ae92 levin coupe thingy there too

I started to get the hang of launching, and on my 3rd run, reeled off a
    13.27 @ 103.09mph with a 1.873 60'

I was most impressed

car went well up until just before the 4th run, then the check engine light came on, error 22 "open circuit in water temp sensor" Despite that, had a great night and still drove home fine!

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Good stuff Jin~Jah - what tyres and boost you running for that time? Still with the NA bottom end?

Now head on over and take your place on the list - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9400

Good stuff Jin~Jah - what tyres and boost you running for that time? Still with the NA bottom end?

Just posted in the super dooper fast cressida thread

The tyres are 225/45/17 Federals, standard street tyres, although they smoke nicely!

Boost wise, I gotta say I wasn't really looking at the guage during the runs, but it's around 10psi, via a bleedvalve. Internally the engine is an NA 7m. It had a GTE, but I broke that, and had to replace the engine block for one that didn't have a hole in the side of it I found a recently 10,000k since rebuild 7m-ge, and it gradually migrated into my car with all the turbo stuff