Thread: JZX90 abs and trc issues

The Bling Garage Mechanic Automotive Encyclopaedia Wildsupra's Avatar

Default JZX90 abs and trc issues

my mate is trying to license his jzx90 but all of a sudden the the abs light is staying on and the TRC light stays lit up as TRC OFF, doesnt matter what ya do with the switch no difference, and the ABS is certainly NOT working. When the car is first started the TRC motor does its check or woteva it does then about 10 seconds later, without moving the car at all or putting it in gear the trc off light comes on. The ABS light is on as soon as the car starts.

He changed the brake pads but otherwise nothing else since it was working, we've changed all the relays and fuses to go with the system (as far as we know) and checked the wiring plugs on the hubs.

Any ideas why this might be happening??

Cheers
    Matty

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: JZX90 abs and trc issues

Damaged the wheel speed sender or disc when changing brake pads? As both abs and trc need wheel speed inputs, my guess is the ecu doesn't like the numbers (or lack thereof) it's getting from one or two wheels, and having a tanty.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member