Thread: JDM KE35 SR Tacho Dash into ADM KE30 / KE35

i 8 a p00 Carport Converter rob's Avatar

Default JDM KE35 SR Tacho Dash into ADM KE30 / KE35

Hi all.

I did this a while ago and only posted in the KE dedicated chat thread when i should have posted it up here.

This article is how to put a JDM KE35 SR model Tacho dashes into a ADM KE30 or 35 or 55. I know not many people have these dashes, the best place to find them is on ebay or trademe (NZ) as a lot of these corolla SR's went to new zealand.

The SR model KE35 came out with a 3K-B (twin carb) and tacho dash, it also had a few other differences like vents and grilles. The dash looks like this:

and no i didnt cut that dash, i bought it that way.

I haXX0rd KE30/35 dash wiring pinouts into computerised form along with the JDM Corolla SR wiring pinouts.

so if you pick up a JDM SR tacho dash you can use this to re-pin the plugs. When i say re-pin, all you do is get a very small flat screw driver and take the pins out of the ADM plug and then re-pin the SR plugs. The only extra wiring you need to do is run 1 wired from the -VE side of the coil to the tacho signal.

All of the wiring colours are straight forward, ie. YB == yellow wire with black tracer etc etc

EDIT Extra notes: the red pins are obviously used (ie have a wire), the white pin holes are empty(ie no wire), and the pin numbers are written on the back of the plugs thanks Mr Toyoda. you will also notice the centre of the plug is the keyway used to locate the plug on the back of the dash, and the round black circle is a small circle on the plug used to separate plug 1 from plug 12

here is the pic

also another important note, if you want to take out the clock make sure u maintain continuity of the earth for the dash lighting as they share the same earth.

and once again another note, the "brake" light on the SR tacho dash is actually for the hand brake and not the brake fluid level. I upgraded my brake master cylinder to the 15/16ths pajero one and it doesnt have a level indicator so i didnt bother with the level indicator wiring.

hope this helps

have fun
    Last edited by rob; 09-02-2008 at 09:52 AM.
    - ma61 + 2jz-gte + v160 + 3.5 torsen

i 8 a p00 Carport Converter rob's Avatar

Default Re: JDM KE35 SR Tacho Dash into ADM KE30 / KE35

just another note for those feeling left out

those people with the other style of dash in their KE's that look like this

can go to the wreckers and grab the tacho dash from those 2door liftback KE50's
    - ma61 + 2jz-gte + v160 + 3.5 torsen

Forum Member

Question Re: JDM KE35 SR Tacho Dash into ADM KE30 / KE35

hey mate do you still have the pics/diagram for this conversion? I have just scored a woodgrain tacho dash for my ke30 and would love to get it going.cheers.

Forum Member

Default Re: JDM KE35 SR Tacho Dash into ADM KE30 / KE35

thanks rob!!