Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

I'm not certain it's still 1-2 seconds faster still either.

Sure you can take more friendly lines in the corners, but the track is pretty slippery.
    Though that could have just been because we have a freaking hot day to be out there.

I was getting consistent 1:21-1:22 for most of the day which is pretty much the same as last time out.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jza80
    BRAKES over the start finish line greg??? wtf??
    if your going off that vid it was when i first jumped in with him to watch what he was doing.
    that was lap 2 after which i told him to stop driving like a girl and use less brakes but more throttle, he did pick it up pretty quickly though.

you cant talk though, you were driving an NA 2j around WP. that would require about 3 applications of brakes for a whole lap and you would be holding it flat through the kink at about 150

have space on wed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

also would assume the new track surface would make the kink a bit easier to take,
    (ive just had the bad experience of compression lockup at 170k full oposite lock going thru there, shiting myself at the same time )

justen, 400rwkw should get you in the 59's

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    you cant talk though, you were driving an NA 2j around WP. .
    and still put down exacly the same time greg did on 18psi

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    that would require about 3 applications of brakes for a whole lap
    so so true
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Junior Member Too Much Toyota GUN METAL's Avatar

Kids,

What an awesome couple of days !

Thanks to Garth for all the organisation.

Thats the first open track day i have done and i really enjoyed it. More track time than you could ask for, nice relaxed environment, great people, what more could you want ?.

It was also really good to put a few more faces to names and really enjoyed jumping in a few peoples car for some hot laps.

Both nights at the Pelican were great fun and much crap was talked

Sign me up for the next one FOR SUUUUURE !!

Would definitly be good to have some lap timers and i will definitely have a vid by then.

Was kind of glad it was stinking hot was an awesome test for the new intercooloer which was working perfectly 110 degrees on the inlet 50 degrees on the outlet
    MY BELOVED AW11...Updated members ride thread>>>>http://www.toymods.net//forums/showt...=4584#post4584

AW11s always welcome in my driveway !

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

What did you run again Ed?
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

ed... you have no idea how little clue I had for those first bunc h of laps. more power than I've ever dealt with, never driven on slicks before, and brakes that had never seen a track day. I spent most of my first 2 times out terrified of coming off and ripping off my front bar. Then, because of that, I was braking too much, so I cooked my brakes and went straight ahead at the end of the back straight
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla
    Damn, I had wondered why I need to buy odd sized shoes for left & right lately!

Actually I found it most noticeable under braking, where it didn't "feel" (good old seat of the pants accelerometer) to be able to pull as much braking g-force before locking wheels.

After driving an ST185 GT4 today (steve's) and nearly running over the middle of roundabouts because of the fantastic turn-in & corner grip, I don't want to get back into the panelvan anymore If the GT8 has even BETTER cornering performance than a stocker, then I'll pay for a ticket next time at WP
    Miles better turn in, mid corner is about the same and exit is totally right foot dependant
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Junior Member Carport Converter 4agte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by finney
    I'm sure he'll be getting an oil pressure gauge now.. Mine has saved me once already in a similar situation. Works out to be cheap insurance for your motor if you intend on racing it.
    so is fixing your exhaust leaks hahahha

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

an exhaust leak popped up on my car too.... just one more thing to fix post-track day
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCallMeOrlando
    What did you run again Ed?
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showpo...2&postcount=91
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Thankyaverymuch
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    and exit is totally right foot dependant
    After my passenger laps in this last time I will agree hole heartidly with that!!!
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

what ths date of the next one? give us time wasters a chance

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

pfft, sif you will have the pump and reg in by then.

guess who just bought another AE71 and a BEAMS dual VVT 3S-GE
    seeya at the next one
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!