Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer ZZE92's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

Good work with the videos Phil. How'd you manage to pick up the audio with the GoPro? Seems like once the one I was using goes into the case it doesn't pick up any sound at all
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    the snatch has been through hell and back and is still kicking!

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

Thanks

I'm not fussed on it being 100% waterproof, so I drilled two 3.5mm holes in the case directly over the microphone, and sandwiched a small square of high density foam between the microphone & case to cut down the wind noise.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer ZZE92's Avatar

Good tip - Cheers!!

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Ed has connected a remote mocrophone to his setup... I didn't end up using it tho (got distracted racing)
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

well, my camera is broked

Unsure what happened, was fine in the morning, but all the movies I took in the afternoon just came out with a pink screen but had sound. I've tried it since and it's still doing the same thing.

Ed is finding out where we stand Warranty wise. There is a 12 month Warranty, hopefully they honour it. Luckily I hadn't started doing microphone mods yet or I would be stuffed, though I can't see how what Phil has done would void the warranty.

I'll cut the footage I got in the morning at some point, can anyone recommend a good editing program?
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Junior Member Carport Converter 4agte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla

Did anyone see the WRX engine fire?
    sure did

i mentioned to my mate in the morning that it sounded like it had an exhaust leak and turns out thats what caused the problem the exhaust gases burnt throught the oil return hose to the sump
    aparantly mrt who did all the work knew about the exhaust leak and said it wouldnt cause a fire...

aparantly mrt who did all the work knew about the exhaust leak and said it wouldnt cause a fire...
    gotta love big name "reputable" workshops

I guess the guy is somewhat lucky that the whole car didn't get a chance to go up in flames.

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

I'm sure he'll be getting an oil pressure gauge now.. Mine has saved me once already in a similar situation. Works out to be cheap insurance for your motor if you intend on racing it.
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

BRAKES over the start finish line greg??? wtf??
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

I'm keen to try this new surface...2 sec a lap quicker!! plus i have brakes now ....anyone car to wager the chances of seeing a 1.05?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

I'm not so sure about the 2 seconds quicker just yet... Maybe it was just the high track temps but I found it pretty greasy.

For sure the smoother sections where there used to be bumps is heaps better in the braking areas, but overall grip is slightly less I reckon

You guys had a scorcher day though? fair bit of feedback it's quicker

Only way i'll know is get out there i guess.....having decent brakes has gotta be good for a sec or 2.,

So when is the next one anyways? Will do a no speed limit day in the near future if we can organise a posse
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    You guys had a scorcher day though? fair bit of feedback it's quicker
    Well I guess i'm farken wrong by majority vote then eh?

Same car, same driver, same tyres, same boost I guess you'll only know when you try for yourself with the GT8.

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla
    Well I guess i'm farken wrong by majority vote then eh?

Same car, same driver, same tyres, same boost I guess you'll only know when you try for yourself with the GT8.
    Maybe your right foot has put on weight
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Damn, I had wondered why I need to buy odd sized shoes for left & right lately!

Actually I found it most noticeable under braking, where it didn't "feel" (good old seat of the pants accelerometer) to be able to pull as much braking g-force before locking wheels.

After driving an ST185 GT4 today (steve's) and nearly running over the middle of roundabouts because of the fantastic turn-in & corner grip, I don't want to get back into the panelvan anymore If the GT8 has even BETTER cornering performance than a stocker, then I'll pay for a ticket next time at WP