Thread: mx32 brakes on ke55

spanner swinger Grease Monkey shaggin_wagon's Avatar

Default mx32 brakes on ke55

gday people i was wondering it there would be much work involved in puttin mx32 cressida brakes into a ke55 corolla and also weather there would be improved braking from the conversion. any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: mx32 brakes on ke55

sounds like a lot of work for noy much upgrade to me, still a solid disk, allbeit with a very chunky 2 spot caliper...

I'd looke elsewhere

Cheers
    Wilbo

spanner swinger Grease Monkey shaggin_wagon's Avatar

the main reason i was asking this as i have a complete mx 32 cressida sittin at my mum and dads so i allready have parts that would be necesary for conversion. thanks anyway. do u know what other brake upgrades i could do for the same cost??? would i be able to find a vented disk that would be able to fit??? thanks for any info available

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

Hang on....do you know what you want? Why do you want to upgrade your brakes? Race application? If you are just tooling around on the street, what makes you think you need better brakes? Best bet is to make sure your current system is good working order - decent pads and a bleed will go a long way to making your brakes feel better.

MX32 is solid disc, yet you go on to say you want a vented disc. The MX32 brakes might afford some benefit but there will be significant machining involved.

If you must upgrade, look through the DBA catalogue for a suitable rotor. Buy some Vernier calipers, go to the wrecking yard and spend a day playing. Make sure you bring a pen and an exercise book to write down your findings. I also implore you to do a search of these (and the old forums) as I'm sure you are not the first person to go down this path.

I'd probably look at a vented rotor around the 255-270mm diameter with a total height of 30-35mm (RA60 rotor is close) mounted on your current hub. Look for a suitable two spot caliper (MX32 caliper with spacers will work) or maybe even some Volvo 4 spots - make sure you source those from the vented 240 series. It goes without saying you will very likely need to make up some caliper brackets.

If you want to keep it under the 13" rims, then I like the look of the early Liteace rotors (DBA755).