Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: caldar park drag night

Junior Member Domestic Engineer MRMOPARMAN's Avatar

Default caldar park drag night

hey guys, some guys at rollaclub are having a drag night at calder park.

cut and pasted from rollaclub..

BUT ... i would like to test out my lil 20 since it's finally got the new heart i'd promised it months ago. and i'm sure there are a few others around that would like to see what they can do in their own lil beasties

so i'm proposing that we could do it as a group, all meet up somewhere on a friday arvo/evening/night, and then head on out to calder park for their legal off-street drags.

gates open at 5pm with racing starting at 6pm...now i know people work and stuff during the day, and others work nights, so i'm hoping to have the date set sometime before the GOR run so that you all can take a day/shift off work and come on out.

as it stands, the night's i'm thinking are the 29th of feb, or the 7th of march...with the latter being "ladies night" where each competitor can bring in a lady friend for free

now, the only reason you shouldn't be attending is:
    A- you are out of the country
    B- your car is dead
    C- you are dead

thank you for your time... dF

Safety Stuff (from their website)

Calder Park Legal Off Street and Open Drag Racing Safety Requirements
    Calder Park Racing Promotions Pty Ltd has recently reviewed the scruitineering regulations.

These rules and regulations have been put in place to make Calder Park as safe and pleasant as possible for all competitors and officials. At all times whilst on the premises please abide by the rules and regulations. Keep safe and enjoy your racing.
    All vehicles and motorcycles must meet the Calder Park scruitineering standards.
    In the event of any disagreement on whether your vehicle meets the standards the final decision will rest with the Chief Scrutineer who will decide if your vehicle is safe to race. Remember at all times we are only looking after your safety.

General Rules and Regulations:
    All vehicles require the following items:
    • Radiator overflow bottles
    • Accelerator return springs
    • Batteries must be securely clamped
    • Appropriate braking systems
    • Appropriate steering systems
    • Plugged holes in firewall
    • No loose items inside the driver/passenger compartments. All other items must be secured inside the vehicles boot/trunk
    • Plugged rear parcel shelves / rear firewalls for any vehicles using N2O
    • All vehicles using Nitrous Oxide must display on the outside of the vehicle in the area where the bottle is located the approved sticker. In addition the approved sticker is to be placed on the outside of the windscreen in the top left hand corner
    • The approved sticker is yellow with N2O printed in black
    • All competitors must follow all speed signs and officials directions at all times. Speed/burnouts are to be kept to their appropriate areas at all times. If you fail to obey the rules you will be asked to leave the premises.

Licence: A current driver’s Licence is required. Learner’s permits will not be accepted under any circumstances.

Drivers seat: It is mandatory that all seats are firmly attached to the vehicle.

Seat belts/ Harnesses: Vehicles running 11.99 or slower require a minimum quick release 3 point lap sash seatbelt complying with the current Australian Standard.

Vehicles running 11.98 sec or 110 mph or quicker require a minimum quick release 4 point harness complying with the current Australian Standard.
    Any vehicle running between 130 mph or quicker requires a 5 point harness incorporating a crutch strap.

Safety helmets: All racers must wear Safety Helmets when entering, racing and leaving the race track. Please wait until you have stopped your vehicle before removing your helmet. Safety Helmets must comply with the current Australian Standard. For those of you who do not possess a Safety Helmet, you may hire a helmet through Calder Park administration office.

Roll Cage: All vehicles running 11.00 sec (1/4 mile) or slower are not required to have a roll cage fitted but may be fitted if you wish to do so.
    All vehicles running between 10.99 sec & 10.00 sec and under 140 mph (1/4 mile) must be fitted with a single roll over hoop.
    A hoop covering the full width of the driver’s compartment with 2 bolted back stays and a bolted intrusion bar. Utilities may use a 4 point roll cage with intrusion bars/diagonals on both sides and single diagonals in main roof hoop.
    All other vehicles running faster than 9.99 or 140 mph are required to be fitted with a full 6 point roll cage. Vehicles, where the body may be separated from the chassis/roll cage in an accident, mesh or net, are required to be fitted with a roll cage over the driver’s head in order to retain the driver’s limbs within the cage area in the event of a roll over.

Parachute: All vehicles reaching 140 mph must be fitted with a single chute

Open cockpits: Convertibles, roadsters and any other open cockpit vehicle are required to be fitted with a single rollover hoop covering the driver’s compartment.

Tail shaft loop: All vehicles running 10.99 sec or quicker are required to be fitted with a tail shaft loop. The tail shaft loop is to be made of metal, a minimum 3.2 mm (1/8”) thickness and 51 mm (2”) wide securely mounted and located within 15.2cm (6”) of the front universal joint.

Wheels and Studs: Hub caps and clip on wheel rims must be removed before competing. Scrutineer’s will check for loose wheel nuts and cracked or damaged wheels.
    All vehicles are required to be fitted with the minimum of wheel studs as original manufactures specifications.
    All vehicles are required to have wheel nuts on all wheel studs. Each wheel stud must protrude past the outer face of the wheel by a distance no less than the diameter of the stud used.
    Vehicles running quicker than 10.98 sec are required to be fitted open ended wheel nuts. Factory alloy wheels may use original nuts/studs.

Tyres: Tyres of the same construction are required front and rear, vehicles using rear slick tyres are required to be fitted with front conventional non radial tyres.

Protective clothing: All drivers and riders are required to wear full covering. I.e. long sleeves, long pants, socks and closed toe shoes. All Motorcycle riders must wear protective leathers, an approved Australian Safety Standards helmet, riding boots and gloves. Race suits are required for drivers of vehicles that have manufactured firewalls, front floors and non factory design windscreens.
    atm its looking like 29th of feb is the date.

everyone welcome, just look for the big bunch of toyotas, and a lonely old valiant wagon hiding in the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzzo
    well have to see what gen is better the ke30 or the ke(yuk)25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman
    Thats like comparing a house brick and a stiletto

Junior Member Domestic Engineer NeoNasty's Avatar

Default Re: caldar park drag night

Im keen to have a go at it. Any idea of pricing and how many runs we'd get in a night?
    HZJ75, RS41, JZZ30

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

$65 entry, and you'd get at least 5 runs if you get in early in the night...
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Official Off Topic KING! Conversion King stradlater's Avatar

Look for the Lonely old(very new actually) BMW Z4 in the corner too.. Possibly. :-)
    Facebook | LinkedIn

1976 RA23 Celica - 1UZFTE ???rwkw - Earlier: 11.6 @ 116.9mph But Now: ??
    2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Coupe - 421kW 0-100 3.1.....
    2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 - 200kW...

givin it a run strad? ill run ya (and probably loose)

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Nim's Avatar

I should be free on the 29th. I've been wanting to get my DC2 down for a 1/4 mile run.
    Daily: DC2 Integra VTiR :: 96kw @7300rpm - 132nm @6300rpm
    Techno Toymods | Beninca Dyno Day Results 10/9/05 | GOR Cruise '06 | My Photography and Illustration

is firing on all eight. Carport Converter AndyTTR's Avatar

oooohhhh so tempted. No idea what times my open diff-ed, cheap chinese tyred land whale will pull though.

Last time we went was awesome - we got there early and i got about 14~15 runs in! *sigh* i miss the Celica.

the more the merrier mate, come on down!

Mödërätör Automotive Encyclopaedia

If the temperature is cool I might bring the Cressy down to try and better my last time (ran a 14.4 on a 30 degree night).

I would like to get some better rubber first though... Does anyone know of a place that sells good second hand tyres for drag purposes? ie: cheap because they're lowish on tread, or slicks, but good compound rubber so i can get traction.

All i've got on the car at the moment are 6 year old 205 wide Silverstones. I'm pretty sure that's why i couldn't get traction last time.
    Simon.

1991 Toyota Cressida (JZX83).
    1967 Morris Mini Deluxe (1330cc A+).

worships the 2JZ (GE lol) 1st year Apprentice uncivilised's Avatar

I should be able to make it as i have the 29th off.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer dfunkt's Avatar

unsure about drag tires, but lots of drifters get their tires from Tyrezone.
    U 1/ 449 Somerville Rd Brooklyn VIC 3012
    ph: (03) 9315 1020

Mödërätör Automotive Encyclopaedia

I have been watching some nice semi-slicks on ebay... the auction ends tomorrow. They're the perfect overall diameter and they're nice and wide. Unfortunately when i rang Bob Jane about getting them fitted i was told that i need 8" wide rims. I only have 7.5" wide rims. Dammit.
    Simon.

1991 Toyota Cressida (JZX83).
    1967 Morris Mini Deluxe (1330cc A+).

come on strad, ill take the rolla if ya take the beema lol

ok bump time..

weather permitting this is still on guys, so come one, come all!

if it is cancelled for whatever reason, the plan B is to continue the event on the next friday, the 7th of march, which also happens to be ladies night

hmm ladies night ay. lol lets just all go then instead