Thread: Mines ECU-1G-GTE

1G beliver Backyard Mechanic BLK1g-gte's Avatar

Default Mines ECU-1G-GTE

Hey peoples

Can anyone tell me more about these ECU. Any people use one before, or had expirience with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MINES...spagenameZWD2V

I have read that certain members have had a gain of 15rwkw and that it gets rid of the boost cut and speed cut. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

Default Re: Mines ECU-1G-GTE

my soarer has one...basically you want to buy one thats tuned for your setup as its rediculously expensive to send them back to japan to have them remapped again.

No boost cut and no speed cut, and there seems to be plenty of fuel for the car even on 1.2 bar of boost
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Cool thats the info i was after. Thanks MR1JZ. So no fuel cut and boost which the most important..Do you find they run richer or...

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

havent had it on a dyno yet so I cant really comment on exact AFR's but the plugs i pulled out after a flogging were a nice colour
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Banned 1st year Apprentice quicknissan's Avatar

These quite often have a higher rev limit set, no, or higher boost cut, and no speed cut - Yes, it also changes the fuel maps, and to protect the engine at higher revs and higher boost, which usually means it will run richer.

They are tuned in Japan, so if you have one, try and find out the histort of the car it was on in Japan... i.e, did it have exhaust, pod filter, larger turbo, cams ect. This will give you an indication of where your future modifications may lead if you want to suit the computer, or it will let you know if it will suit your specific application.

These are some of the most sought after second hand computers in the toyota community, and quite often see 1UZ Soarer Mines ECU's going for $800 to $1000 or more second hand.

Not sure exactly, but retail, including to be tuned in japan can be as high as $3600 or more, but this obviously depends on the model of engine. Some are cheaper, some are dearer.

They are a pretty rare piece of equipment, and it seems everybody wants them.

The quality of the tune, and the peformance gains are very good, and therefore these computers have gained themselves an excellent name in the last few years.

The gains on your car may not be as good as they would be on someone elses 1GGTE, as it depends what mods your car has, and what the computer was tuned for.

In my honest opinion, buy it, and if you have some cash spare, throw a couple of hundred at it, or maybe more, cause its a good investment.
    Last edited by quicknissan; 17-09-2007 at 07:39 PM.

if you need any more information on the mines dont hesitate to reply here or pm me, as I have worked with a few of them in my time.
    Last edited by quicknissan; 17-09-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Quicknissan I have extensive mods on the 1ggte...but nothing extreme. Custom Cams, Custom Cam gears, Blitz high Flow CT12's, HKS cooler, Full 3 inch exhaust, running a Apexi NEO and Apexi ITC, Currently 180rwkw trough an auto trans on 14psi..going to 18psi for the final tune using the Apexi ignition and tuning of the adjustable cam gears. The Mines ECU is out of a soarer...don't know how much info I will be able to get out of the seller.
    One person on Toymods reported 15rwkw gain in a manual with no boost or speed cut. I really want it for the more aggressive maps, especially ignition is what I am after. Also I need to get rid of the boost cut.
    Thanks for all the info...if anyone else knows more please feel free to post.

I like Cheese Backyard Mechanic Jackel's Avatar

is this one for a gen3? i purchased a turbo kit of that company when i put it on i found out there was no wastegate spring they didn't do a thing to help me.
    Previous Rides: JZA80, GA70 GT, RA63 GT x2, TA61 GT, TA63.

Quote Originally Posted by BLK1g-gte
    Quicknissan I have extensive mods on the 1ggte...but nothing extreme. Custom Cams, Custom Cam gears, Blitz high Flow CT12's, HKS cooler, Full 3 inch exhaust, running a Apexi NEO and Apexi ITC, Currently 180rwkw trough an auto trans on 14psi..going to 18psi for the final tune using the Apexi ignition and tuning of the adjustable cam gears. The Mines ECU is out of a soarer...don't know how much info I will be able to get out of the seller.
    One person on Toymods reported 15rwkw gain in a manual with no boost or speed cut. I really want it for the more aggressive maps, especially ignition is what I am after. Also I need to get rid of the boost cut.
    Thanks for all the info...if anyone else knows more please feel free to post.
    Because you have adjustable cam gears, cams, aftermarket turbos ect, you might be better spending $450 on a Greddy Emanage, and then having it tunes specifically to your mods and boost level. the benefit in the long run will be that you can have the emanage re-tuned if/when you get some more bolt on mods ect.

I have found the mines to be good for stock through to mild modifications, but at the end of the day, if you have an aftermarket turbo, you dont want ot be leaving it to guesswork with a pre-tuned computer. If you have spent the money on the turbos, then prob best to spend the money on a programmable computer to get the most out of them, as the mods you have may not suit the tune of the computer. Its different running standard turbos, as any gain is good, but with aftermarket you prob want to not only enhance your turbos, but protect them as well.

Just my 2 cents worth, not saying my opinion will be the same as others, but after hearing your mods there may be a better option for you.

quicknissan

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

To be honest I agree with quicknissan. It's a hit and miss with the Mines ECU, and it's not guaranteed to be a good tune to suit your engine, you'd be better off with what you have, or an EManage as suggested.
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

Toymods Club Member Backyard Mechanic auto351's Avatar

hi , is there anyone in australia that can remap the ECU?
    and where can I find info on what type of CPU the ECU uses for the 1GGTE.

Im thinking if we can get this info then we can re-code the ECU to suit our mods.
    Last edited by auto351; 17-01-2008 at 01:13 PM.

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

as mr 1jz says, over night parts from japan is the only way to get them retuned.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

sticker makerer Grease Monkey

most of these are just stock ecu thats remapped in japan to individual setups.
    unless you can analyse the map buying a pretuned ECU is just stupid.
    youve got no idea what mods or conditions its tuned for.
    its worth the cost of a stock ecu. + $50 max for the hardware. and theyre pretty useless unless you can find someone to tune it.
    you will make more power and have a safer tune gettings something done locally, whether its a piggy back or a stand alone or even a remap.

Junior Member Grease Monkey Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quicknissan
    if you need any more information on the mines dont hesitate to reply here or pm me, as I have worked with a few of them in my time.
    I have an R32 GTR with Mines ECU which I want to remap, as it knocks at high boost. Can you point me towards some more info on reflashing the eprom?

Thanks,

Jasper
    Last edited by Jasper; 17-01-2008 at 09:23 PM.