Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GZ20 Soarer Power Window/Door wiring help.

Junior Member Carport Converter Z2TT's Avatar

Default GZ20 Soarer Power Window/Door wiring help.

Hello,

I require some diagrams for the doors/power windows from the gz20 soarer, I have looked around but is all I have been able to find is engine wiring diagrams, But I cant find anything for the power windows/mirrors/doors etc.

Thanks.

Junior Member Grease Monkey ripfast's Avatar

Default Re: GZ20 Soarer Power Window/Door wiring help.

good luck mate, i need the same thing i cannot get my windows to retract, and dont know where to start looking, hope someone comes through with the goods
    1985 VK Commodore with 1JZ-GTE
    1989 GZ20 GT-T Soarer with 1G-GTE
    2008 IS250 with not enough power

Things you can try

1. Take the switches out and see if any of the connectors are on loosely, one of my plugs had a wire fallen out, also check that no wires are cut off.

2. Open up the switches, be careful though, check the contacts and make sure they are clean, if they are not clean out the contacts, just make sure when you open the thing the contacts and springs dont fall out, that happened to me and I put them back the wrong way and it began smoking.

3. Are you sure your window motors are working? my window motor on the passengers side was not working and had to be rewound.

Maybe a fuse could be blown in the fusebox.

I hope somebody has some wiring diagrams for the doors. Would the diagrams from the MK3 Supra be similar?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic VasH's Avatar

Check the rubber boot that the wires go through between the door. Years of opening and closing caused 2 of the wires in mine to snap in half and there where others on the way.
    1989 JZZ20 Soarer, 1JZGTE - The Project
    1984 YN57 Hilux, 4Y - The Daily

Junior Member Grease Monkey ra65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z2TT
    Things you can try

1. Take the switches out and see if any of the connectors are on loosely, one of my plugs had a wire fallen out, also check that no wires are cut off.

2. Open up the switches, be careful though, check the contacts and make sure they are clean, if they are not clean out the contacts, just make sure when you open the thing the contacts and springs dont fall out, that happened to me and I put them back the wrong way and it began smoking.

3. Are you sure your window motors are working? my window motor on the passengers side was not working and had to be rewound.

Maybe a fuse could be blown in the fusebox.

I hope somebody has some wiring diagrams for the doors. Would the diagrams from the MK3 Supra be similar?
    Just a note so you don't pull your switches and then get disappointed. You will be getting 12v at the back of the plug with ignition on. If its not there then playing with the switch will do nothing.

The motor is made to run either way. So you can test it by grounding 1 pin and just putting 12v on the other. Alternating will wind up and down.

I am in the same boat with passenger window not working. I think I am just going to rewire 12v to the plug and fuse it, rather than pull the dash apart. 10amp fuse be enough for a window motor?

What I did was took the door trim off and used a drill battery to test if the window motor is even working, that was my first step, I found out that the motor was gone and had to be rebuilt (rewound)

if one window retractor doesnt work would that mean the other doesnt either, or do they work independantly of each other,

ie if one is buggered will it stop the other from working, cause both mine dont work and its not a fuse, the switch, or the mirror control computer

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic VasH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripfast
    if one window retractor doesnt work would that mean the other doesnt either, or do they work independantly of each other,

ie if one is buggered will it stop the other from working, cause both mine dont work and its not a fuse, the switch, or the mirror control computer
    on the z20's they work on there own.
    1989 JZZ20 Soarer, 1JZGTE - The Project
    1984 YN57 Hilux, 4Y - The Daily

BHGBTDT Domestic Engineer kemicalx's Avatar

Past experience of many Soarer owners would suggest it's most likely the build up of black scum on the contacts inside the switch, take the switch out of the door, carefully dismantle it, making sure not to lose any of the springs and internal plastic bits of switch mechanism.. clean the black build up off the copper contacts with metho or contact cleaner, re-assemble, test.

I tried disconnecting my drivers side, then I tried the passenger side and it stopped working, So it doesnt seem to be independant, I have a GZ20.

Be sure to check if the actual window motor is working, take door trim off and test it with a drill battery or so.

ok im making some progress now,

diconnected the conectors in the top of the door, put 9v to them and both mirrors fold in and out, great

next put a multimeter on the otherside of the connector, fold in is only getting 0.5V and fold out is only getting 0.1V, and the same for the passenger side.

now i have tried with a switch which was working (a while ago) and they didnt work so would it suggest the switch is not getting enough power, if so what conectors do i check on the switch?

where would you suggest i start looking for the missing voltage,??

could it be relays?? where would i find them
    Last edited by ripfast; 18-01-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Maybe you have a blown fuse in the fusebox?, but you said that your other window works so it might not be it, maybe some wiring? check all the contacts, not only on the switches but on your connector plugs too.

Nothing else I can think of.

2JZ POWA Chief Engine Builder GU11TY's Avatar

everything is controller from drivers door and the plug down the drivers side kick panel
    once u take that plug out no windows/ sunroof/ mirrors work
    Z20 SOARER WHORE (totalling 14 z20s so far)
    PREVIOUS RIDES - 5 GZ20 soarers, 1 MZ20 soarer, 2 MZ20 aerocabins soarers, 7 MZ21 soarers, 3 ke70s, AE92 rola, 1973 corona, 85 corona, tarago party bus
    CURRENT - 530hp 2jz MZ20 Soarer and race soarer with carbon fibre bonnet and boot and 8point cage

wrote that wrong, both mirrors dont work by pushing the button, but both mirrors do work when you put power to them independently.

he switch has virtualy no power from it at all at the connector.

what pins on the back control panel do i check for power coming into the switch? and going out

wemt through some wiring today, no loose wires or frayed wires. i can control both mirrors using 9V from the cnnector on the mirror control module in the driver door, when you press the retract button the module recieves 12V but doesnt seem to output it properly, i have figured out all the wires that come out the module

4 for each mirror (2 fold in 2 Fold out) 2 that go 12V when retract is pressed

but there is one 4th from the left on the bottom run of five (blue & yellow) that doesnt seem to do anything or be wired into the board, i thought it could be like a siognal wire to tell the module if the mirrors were folded in or out?

i have the module out of a jzx81 which i also tried but same thing happened, what are the chances of both being stuffed?

ill test the relays on the modules tommorrow (2relays for each mirror)