it is my intention some time in the new year to begin work on a rwd gen 1 3sge conversion.

i intend to use the factory loom and computer, and to that effect as many factory parts as possible.

plumbing and mounting the engine is not the issue. nor is the relocation/making room for the dizzy, intake manifold ect ect.

the main issue i want to conquer/gain info on is the mating of a suitable rwd flywheel to the engine.

i am hoping to be able to use an ST14X corona flywheel. obviously these are 6 bolt, and so i have heard "some" gen 1 3sges are also. if this is the case is anyone aware of the cut off date? i assume it is the earlier engines that had the 6 bolt crank.

then there is the issue of PCD.. unlikely anyone here is going to know if theyre the same but any info is appreciated.

the other option i have considered is to a run a hybrid engine using a 5s bottom end as i am under the impression these are all 6 bolt cranks. obviously PCD could be an issue with this set up aswell.

another question is whether the ring gear/starter is compaitble with the 3Y bell housing?

if i am to take the 2nd option, can anyone point me in the direction of some good info on the issues involved with the hybid engine? anciallaries, head gasket, piston pin height/compatibility ect.