Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need price to sell an item?

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

Default Need price to sell an item?

I always thought you needed to list a price to sell an item in the classifieds.

I can find the rules stating no auctions and no EOI, but none relating to needing a price. I might be blind though

This is the thread i'm talking about... wondering if that is allowed?

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31758

Cheers,
    Tim
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: Need price to sell an item?

hmm, the guy has a figure in mind and wants to know if ppl will pay that much before he makes it public?

seems a bit ghey
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

yeah.... I hate "send me an offer" items
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

send me an offer type threads are usually because he has a price that is verging on ridiculous, and he is covering all his bases, trying wring the buyer for every penny they are worth.
    and that power isnt all that great for 12psi....
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

A thread with no Price such as that one is not permitted. It enbraces every aspect of an EOI thread and has been deleted.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Thanks Rod!

I thought it was a bit of an EOI thread, but I was more annoyed at the no price bit.

Couldn't find anything in the rules about items needing a price, but i guess that is implied by the no EOI/auctions.

Cheers,
    Timbo
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic greywolf's Avatar

Damn, now I'm curious as to what he was trying to sell, and what seemed underpowered at 12psi !

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

1g34567890
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf
    Damn, now I'm curious as to what he was trying to sell, and what seemed underpowered at 12psi !
    It's now been relisted with a price, and IMO it's a fair price too...

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31840
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

On a similar topic, are there any rules against asking in a general car talk thread, what people's opinions on what they would pay for your car are, so that you can come to a reasonable agreed value when insuring your vehicle??

My particular case, the 28 is insured with Shannons, and once I paint her, add 18R-GTE and aircon, they will want to know what the car would sell for on the open market. Me being the owner of such a vehicle, and not the purchaser, I would look too closely at the effort involved in building it, and would need an outside view of what the vehicle is worth to be able to give an honest price to Shannons. Is this kind of thread allowed?? It would in no way be an EOI, as you would need to wait till I had passed away before the car would be for sale, but you probably wouldnt get a chance as I will likely be buried in it anyways , but I can understand that it would be bordering on a grey area.

What is the member's/board's thoughts on such a thread??
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic greywolf's Avatar

I think it would have to be a case by case basis, if it was allowed at all. Too many people would abuse it I'd be thinking as a way of getting around the EOI ban. My personal thought is to allow it, but only after seeking the moderators approval.

Yeah, grey areas can be a pain like that, they are of benefit to the community, but too easily abused.
    Cheers, Owen
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Insurance is a user-pays system. If you think it would cost you (say) $30k to get another car built like the one you got, should the one you have be written off, then you will pay more per annum to insure it for that value. Also, Shannons may request to inspect it to assure themselves of the quality and workmanship etc that has gone into the vehicle so they can be satisfied the car is worthy of (say) $30k value.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Actually what was told to me (I guess if I ask a different person at Shannons I am likely to get a different response) is that the agreed value of the vehicle must be a reasonable amount that somebody might pay to purchase the vehicle from me... NOT (and they were specific on this) the cost of having another car built. See my dilemna??
    Cheers, Owen

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Actually what was told to me (I guess if I ask a different person at Shannons I am likely to get a different response) is that the agreed value of the vehicle must be a reasonable amount that somebody might pay to purchase the vehicle from me... NOT (and they were specific on this) the cost of having another car built. See my dilemna??
    Oman,

A thread like you enquired about would not be allowed as its kinda pointless to be honest. it would just be a collection of random opinions.

With Shannons like any Insurance company what your insuring is for the replacement value of your car - The rarer and more modified the car the more you can insure it for, keeping in mind what you would expect to pay if you were to BUY it, noy Build it. NO it won't be the value you spend on it.

All you need to do is have an idea in mind of what you want to insure it for and speak to them about it. If you have an idea about what value you want, then you also have a justification for that which they will listen to. CHances are they will want to inspect the vehicle for the quality of the work but initial discussions can be carried out with Photgraphic support.

Since this thread has run its course anyway - What value did you have in mind ?? Feel free to PM me if you would rather. I knwo at leats 4 Toymodders whose RA28's are insured with Shannons.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.