Thread: Speed warning (possibly wrong spot)

cresta chump. Backyard Mechanic

Default Speed warning (possibly wrong spot)

Alright, I'm not sure where this should go, but this seemed like possibly the most appropriate place. I've gotta GX81 Cresta, and it makes a chiming noise whenever it gets up over 105km/h. I'm not sure if a. this is programmable to another speed (which would be kinda nice) or if b. it's nto changeable, but you can remove it somehow. The major problem with knowing anything about it is not being able to read the instruction manual, and not being able to see any buttons that could even possibly relate to it anywhere aroud the dash. If I can't find any solution to it, I'm going to rip the dash open and have a look for a speaker of some sort, and if I can find one, rip it out and hope that stops the chiming. I just travelled to QLD from Victoria, and everytime the speed went over 105km/h, the chime wouldn't stop going off about every second. Quite annoying, I think I might have developed a neurosis from it Anyone know what to do to fix this?

(I'm assuming the 'speed limit defencer' or 'toyota speed cut' things are for actual hard speed limits, not just beeping, but if this is a problem common to import toyotas, and that's the solution, then jus tlet us know and i'll pick one up)

Cheers for any help.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer dfunkt's Avatar

Default Re: Speed warning (possibly wrong spot)

This could be of some help.

"though, the best feeling of posting this , is when the years pass buy and someone else buys a soarer/supra and asks the question, and Cruz or JCMF or Blacksupra or SOMEONE goes ... "JUST SEARCH FOR "chime" in the tech area, i think coFF33 did a write up on it"

that will make my day "
    Last edited by dfunkt; 15-12-2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: to makes coFF33's day

cresta chump. Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Speed warning (possibly wrong spot)

Ah, yep, that's perfect! that thing was killing me, 110km roads all the way from melbourne to QLD, the whole time, that bastard going off. And now I'm in QLD, my work is 45min away down the pacific highway, which is also 110km >_< I'm going outside to pull it out now