Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Nationals 21-23 March 2008

stunt dog Backyard Mechanic Esteban's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Nationals 21-23 March 2008

Hooray, my car just started for the first time in aaaaaages. I may still make it to Dubbo then!
    GTE23 - Accruing parts - Packed away in the farm container
    UZA28 - Accruing parts - Packed away in the farm container
    LN65 - Awaiting 1KZT dual transfer 4.88 electric locker transplant
    YN65 - Drive car and cabin donor - ok fuckit 1UZ conversion
    YN65 - Additional cabin donor - engineered bogan spec

Built! not bought Grease Monkey SYC02T's Avatar

To anyone coming from Newcastle,

There will be a contingent leaving the Knights stadium at 8:30 (sharp hopefully) so please get there about 8.

More the merrier!!!

Remember to bring CB's and a Helmet.

Cheers and see the rest of you guys/girls out there.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If your not living on the edge,
    Your taking up too much space!!!

Familia gone now Corollin Grease Monkey

Just thought I'd post up some further information to clarify a few things regarding the motorkhana.

1) A helmet is not mandatory to enter the event, however it is ''highly recommended' to wear one if you will be driving in an open topped car. If you do wish to use a helmet, it MUST carry the marking stating that is complies with AS1698.

2) The $50 entry fee only includes a CAMS level 1 'come and try' licence, which will not allow an entrant to be timed on the tests. Obviously no times = no awards, however it will allow you to go out and have a hoot on the layouts exactly the same as a 'competitive' entrant (just not able to get awarded a time)

3) CAMS licences will be available at the event. A full year Level 2 NS licence is $50. I believe that we will be trying to have a single day level 2 NS licence available also, however to be honest, a single day one would be $45, so you might as well pay the extra $5 for a full year licence, and then go have some fun some other time again throughout the year. All you'll need is a CAMS affiliated club membership to use it.

4) If you will be entering the event as a competitive entrant, and you already have a CAMS licence, don't forget to pack it to go with you (unfortunately we are not allowed to accept 'but I left it at home' as an excuse). Incidentally, the fine for not having your licence is more than the cost for a new one, so if you forget it, it'll be cheaper to sign up for a new one.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer ZZE92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMAZE
    Just thought I'd post up some further information to clarify a few things regarding the motorkhana.

1) A helmet is not mandatory to enter the event
    I think he was just talking in reference to the drive out there.. Those Newie boys are a crazy bunch

Anyway I'm excited - see you all on Friday!
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    the snatch has been through hell and back and is still kicking!

2) The $50 entry fee only includes a CAMS level 1 'come and try' licence, which will not allow an entrant to be timed on the tests. Obviously no times = no awards, however it will allow you to go out and have a hoot on the layouts exactly the same as a 'competitive' entrant (just not able to get awarded a time)
    So does this mean that if we want to be timed (to be eligible for awards), and we don't currently have a CAMS license, we will need to pay $100? (It's early morning, and I'm a blonde, so I may be missing something here )

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

well that kinda sucks.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

^^I agree... If I am correct in my thinking (which I think I am), I don't think we will be entering... Can't afford $100 for each of us, and I don't see the point in entering if not eligible for awards

Entry fee is $20, day licence is $45 or full for $50.

So, that's $65 or $70.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Thanks for info DARKMAZE, the entry form made me (and others) think the $50 was going to cover entry and a day licence entitling us to a competitive run.

I think a few people who enter using the form and don't find out until they arrive that without a 2NS licence they will only be driving a non-timed run will perhaps be a little miffed at forking out the extra$$.

I was planning to get a 2NS licence anyway so it's all good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Thanks for info DARKMAZE, the entry form made me (and others) think the $50 was going to cover entry and a day licence entitling us to a competitive run.

I think a few people who enter using the form and don't find out until they arrive that without a 2NS licence they will only be driving a non-timed run will perhaps be a little miffed at forking out the extra$$.
    I understand what you are saying, and after seeing the entry forms, I was a little concerned about this as well, which was why I thought I had better clear some items up (the other items have been queried before now).

Due to this, some members of TCC.net proposed that we consider attempting to allow the level 1 licence holders to 'compete', however the club committee decided that it was a risk that they were not prepared to undertake due to the fact that as an official motorsport event, it is being run under the auspices of CAMS, and as such, we are limited by their rules and regulations.

If we are found to be in breech of these (and there will be official CAMS stewards and marshalls there as well as our club representitives), we could be facing penalties and if an accident were to happen (eg: a level 1 licenced driver's brakes failed, and he drove into the spectators), then the organisers could be found liable, and not having followed the rules would not be guaranteed to be protected by CAMS.

I was planning to get a 2NS licence anyway so it's all good for me.
    Hopefully others will be thinking along the same lines as yourself, as it is good fun (even watching is good fun), and I'm sure once they've tried it once, they'll be hooked.

Entry fee is $20, day licence is $45 or full for $50.

So, that's $65 or $70.
    + CAMS Affiliated car club membership? (or am I dense and have missed something ) Sorry for adding to the bombardment of questions
    Cheers,
    Paul.

A day club membership is included in the entry.

If you want to take out a full club membership, then you are welcome, but it will not be forced on you.

Ah, splendid..
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZZE92
    Ah, splendid..

(I'm the guy and you're the cat Paul)

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Pube's Avatar

Im getting more and more disappointed in this event. Firstly looking forward to some drag racing, then a motorkhana and to find out we wont be getting timed if you havent got an additional CAMS licence is sucking pretty hard.
    SOLD : 1GGTE Rt142 Corona - Twin TD04-9b turbos - 180rwkw = 13.1 @105mph