Thread: T-18: A Blank Canvas...

Forum Member

Talking T-18: A Blank Canvas...

Okay crew, here goes "Post Number One":

The second car I ever bought (yes, a cherry red 1980 T-18 with the chrome bumpers) is still in the latest of many garages over the years after a heady, torrid 24 year affair, having travelled half way round Oz several times. I still love her so....and it's time to sex her up into the "Toy"-Ota I always wanted. The process started over two years ago, with me purchasing some bits to bolt onto and inside her at the correct stages of this project: TRD LSD, new shocks all round, a set of gold Simmons F90s wrapped in Federals, Weber Redline performance carby, Panasonic stereo unit and speakers, and some Autotechnica bits for the cabin.....etc etc. As you can see from some of the items, I'm not afraid to spend a bit on the best for her.

Well, it's been a while since anything's been bought or done, and I want to kickstart things again in 2008. I'm keen to hear from any modders out there who have done what I'm doing and have been where I'm going....I'm most interested in body kits (if any?), engine reworks (no turbos or injection - pure old skool carby-feeding of a recon 3TC with headers and sports exhaust is my initial plan), scissor doors (do-able?), fuel storage and delivery upgrade, suspension, brakes, clutches, gearboxes, driveshaft/train, interior trim and seating, and surface finishing and colours etc.

Lookin' forward to hearing about your work!

The Ozzie Tigerrr Kattt

Domestic Godess, NOT Domestic Engineer clubagreenie's Avatar

Default Re: T-18: A Blank Canvas...

All I can say at this time is NO SCISSOR DOORS PLEASE!. Cost = budget for rest of mods as it's do-able (but purely custom job), looks ghey, and will scare baby Jesus. And it is close to Christmas.
    Friends

ed_jza80 has not made any friends yet

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: T-18: A Blank Canvas...

Hey buddy sounds like you really love ya car. Yeah keep her na it will give her that old school charm and sound. Go bigger carby/weber. (32/36) depending on what manifold you use ( down draught ), this should give you a bit more up and go. as for skirts or kits i suggest you keep her looking like how she is ment to.... no plastic, but everyone to there own. Buy some venitiens for the rear window if you can find some for her and get some white walls in the side of your tyres this will top of the old school look and with the old school sonding engine she will hum..just some quick ideas for you but you can go all out and do what you want. remember its your car.....