Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toymods and CAMS Affiliation

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Default Toymods and CAMS Affiliation

Members of the Board,

Can it be looked into to get Toymods as a CAMS Affiliated Car Club?

The cost of Toymods becoming a CAMS Affiliated Car Club would be $462 as Toymods has, at last count, 86 financial members...

I believe you would easily get more than 10 new members from becoming a CAMS Affiliated Car Club which cover the costs of the yearly CAMS Affilitation fees...

CAMS Affiliation is the only thing that is holding myself back from becoming a financial member of the Toymods Car Club, and I believe this is the case for many others...

As far as I can find, there is nothing that the Toymods Car Club is lacking that would prevent it from becoming CAMS Affiliated...

The downloadable application form is available from the CAMS website... (http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/paperforms/A-101.pdf)
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods and CAMS Affiliation

There is ALOT of paperwork and auditing that goes through with being a cams affiliated club.

Unsure of the toymods structure, but for cams, you need secretary, president, etc etc, monthly meetings, all minutes held, and alot of book keeping.

There is a booklet around 100 pages long that goes into EVERYTHING that must be conformed to.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    Unsure of the toymods structure, but for cams, you need secretary, president, etc etc, monthly meetings, all minutes held, and alot of book keeping.
    Toymods has all of that already...

I believe the procees of becoming CAMS Affiliated has changed somewhat in the last 12 months, and now no longer requires a lot of the stuff that use to hold back clubs like Toymods from becoming CAMS Affiliated...
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

I believe it's been looked into many times before and they cons outweighed the pros.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    I believe it's been looked into many times before and they cons outweighed the pros.
    Many times recently? (since the requirements have rumoured to have changed)
    Last edited by twentyEight; 14-11-2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

how much of the membership fee do you think goes to merchandise adn insurance? none?

how many of the 86 members already want CAMS affiliation?
    who are these many others that won't support toymods because of no CAMS?

as Josh said before
    We are not with CAMS as when we were looking for insurance the restrictions that would have been placed on the club would have forced it to change the real aim of the club. We'd have to log event plans 6 weeks in advance and pay a specific premium for every event we run even simple cruises.

We have our public liability insurance through Australian National Street Machine Association. This suits the character of the club a lot better as it is very easy going and we can get coverage for basically anything if we make a proposal for it.
    Jfallen said this
    Oh what's this I've got the 2007 CAMS memebrship forms in front of me (Just completed for ToyotaCarClub.net and faxed in:

Cost:
    1-40 members $264
    41-100 members $462
    101-200 members $660
    2001+ members $958

(note these costs are for proper paying memebers only, eg not or every forum member and his dog)

The application is then voted on and passed and your a member of CAMS.

Oh the other condition is that your car club is a registered business, not sure how Toymods firs on this front?
    and then Kirsty replied with this
    Jordon.
    Toymods is NOT a registered business.
    It is a Non Profit Organisation and therefore we don't qualify
    and Rod said this
    The Public Liability cover we have now is considerably more comprehensive than what Cams offers. There are 3 basic variations of public Liability insurance and with ANSMA we get all 3. We are covered for all our social events at no extra costs and a minimal charge for events like ToyotaFest.

Its always great to be aware of the changes with the Cams affiliation but for now what ANSMA offers is better suited to our style of club.
    chuckster said this in other thread
    just on the insurance thing - the TCCQ has re-affiliated with the Marque Sporting Car Club in Qld - a sort of umbrella car club to allow small clubs to let members get CAMS licences. It has an insurance arrangement for non-competitive events (e.g. show-n-shine, nav-cruise, dyno day etc) for $50 per 50 cars for affiliated clubs. And for competitive events (e.g. motorkhana, regularity trial, autokhana) they can help out with the CAMs paperwork and fees.

Marque was specifically setup to assist clubs in holding CAMS-sanctioned events - so it is another model worth looking at (tho probably not doing given the tyranny of distance).
    buit since toymods is legally in NSW.. can it be affiliated with a club in QLD for cams reasons, and then have those cars run events in other states? where does the liability move to?

twentyeight
    what events are you wanting to run, but cannot run due to lack of CAMS membership? why not join one of the institutionalised car clubs for their CAMS membership.. like everyone else?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Insurance restrictions and PL Cover are certainly a concern...

And last I knew, Non Profit Organisations could become CAMS Affiliated, but maybe I am incorrect here...

Events I would like to attend that require a CAMS Licence are the Winton 6 Hour, and Timed Winton Track Days, as well as various other track events...

I can easily join the TCCV to gain a CAMS Licence, but I would prefer to put my money towards a Car Club that I would like to involve myself in more... (ie. Toymods)
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

fair enough.. but the money is just for the cams afiliation.. you can get more involved in toymods anyway.. or.. join both.. not like it is expensive
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Joining both is what I plan to do, but would prefer it if that didn't need to happen...
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

good for you

now you can enjoy two clubs! double the fun!!!

unless you want to totally change the structure or aim of toymods....?? but you are not even a club member?

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Twentyeight: The info I got from Cams is that you DON'T need to be in a car club to get a Cams licence.

Don't just read the application form, ring Cams, ask them for the info pack on getting a licence, and getting a car club affiliated. There's ALOT of stuff in there, that squashes all of these rumours on joining clubs etc.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    Twentyeight: The info I got from Cams is that you DON'T need to be in a car club to get a Cams licence.

Don't just read the application form, ring Cams, ask them for the info pack on getting a licence, and getting a car club affiliated. There's ALOT of stuff in there, that squashes all of these rumours on joining clubs etc.
    Why would you put this on the form then?

Note: it is compulsory for all CAMS driver licence holders to be a member of a CAMS-affiliated car club.
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Uou'll find that CAMS-affiliated club membership is required for the membership form to be processed and the licence issued.

From section 1B on the membership form:
    Note: it is compulsory for all CAMS driver licence holders to be a member of a CAMS-affiliated car club.

For officials you don't have to be a member of a club.

edi: damnit - beaten by TwentyEight.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Gorilla Industries Conversion King Koffee-Black's Avatar

Id def become a member if it was CAMS aff too.
    JZA80 Turbo Time Attack Car - "Gorilla"
    JZA80 Turbo Street Car - "Silver Back"
    Lexus RX350 F Sport "Kid Hauler"
    Vitz - Supercharged "Chimp"
    HDJ80 Landcruiser "Baboon"

ok.. so thats two people...
    $462 / 2 = ....

afaik, there is not much cash left from the membership fee to go toward random things..
    and sure it is only another $5 (assuming that toymods is even elegible for the stuff above) for EVERY current member of toymods (plus another 7) to get the affiliation.... bu tthat is $5 on top of the membership they have already paid, for something that most probably will not use....

perhaps if, from the thousands of people on the forums (6800 so far), more than just 86 actualyl joined.... say.. 200 or 300.. then the extra effort to do all the paper work, and make sure that the liability stuff was sorted.. and the ongoing work required for each and every event.. might become worth it...

or put it this way.. if you and 9 other people want to start your own club for the purpose of CAMS affiliation.... it will only cost $26 each for the cams affiliation part
    with only 10 people, your public liability should only cost you maybe $50-100 each, and then you are plain sailing .. except for paper work and making sure it is all legit.. and keeping records etc...
    too easy..
    (not saying or suggesting you should.. juyst throwing other ideas in there to achieve ytour goal... which is CAMS affiliation, not toymods club member )

or you could pay $40 to a club that is dedicated to racing.. get CAMS licence.. and go race at their events

edit: seems a pity that the only thing that would sway you to actually join and contribute to the club would be affiliation to a different club/organistation...