Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soarer spat it's twins, is now single. Achtung Keiner 56k!

Default Re: Soarer spat it's twins, is now single. Achtung Keiner 56k!

Great work with the conversion. Have you done anything to strengthen the manifold? Hopefully it doesn't crack!

I'm also running stock management on my 1JZ with GT35R, but all that will change later down the track. You still going to use the auto box?
    1JZ Toyota Cressida Grande

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic jzk25's Avatar

My mate who owns the Soarer came up for the weekend so we put the wideband (that I didn't have at the time of the turbo fitment) on it and went for a run. It was in the 10's in the midrange and off scale rich at high revs so we kept adding boost till it leaned out a bit.

Got it up to 20psi and it was still in the low 12's. That was plenty enough for him so we backed it off to 18psi and left it there. At 18 psi it only dips into the low 12's at about 5k rpm for a second(peaktorque maybe?) and then is back off into super rich territory.

The car obviously goes a lot harder with some boost in it, the owner is very happy with it.

I am curious what boost a GT3076 could deliver before a stock 1J was too lean, I suspect it would be a bit less than the KKR. Anyone with a 3076 on a 1J tried this(long shot I know).

Sleeper Central Backyard Mechanic Pure_In_Sanity's Avatar

Petespipes & Jampac are running the 3076. Obviously their 1j's arent stock, but they'd be the ones to ask.
    Nice clean setup, & that heatwrap looks fucking brilliant!

Cheers
    Phil