Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toymods Mother club, Classic celicas, sub club

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Mother club, Classic celicas, sub club

Quote Originally Posted by DQIKST
    why cant we have a toymods chapter for classic celicas,

i shouldn't have posted this topic but should have gone straight to the top and asked josh if it is possible,
    the top is the board.. and every member can vote at board meetings

toymods does have a chapter for classic celicas.... 2 in fact

the first is the celica dedicated thread.

the second is YOUR INITIATIVE to pull finger and get people with celicas to get together and have some fun.
    because of liability and insurance reasons, it may not be in the best interests for such gatherings to be held under the name of toymods, however, nothin gis stopping a few friends from getting together and perving on each others cars

as said, you have to realise that if you want to organise official cruises, then YOU are personally liable for things that happen on the cruise.. unless you have liability insurance

how about.... you encourage celica owners to join toymods as a club, and then go to toymods event? then you can have soem kind of celica banner etc, and be covered by toymods...

basically... isn't toymods enough? do you really need to subdivide it? you could just get " I (heart) Celicas" T-shirts printed up
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

IWRNDU Automotive Encyclopaedia DQIKST's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    the top is the board.. and every member can vote at board meetings

toymods does have a chapter for classic celicas.... 2 in fact

the first is the celica dedicated thread.

that is a part of the forums, if toymods didnt have a forum im sure the car club will still be around, the forums are one part of the whole club,

the second is YOUR INITIATIVE to pull finger and get people with celicas to get together and have some fun.
    because of liability and insurance reasons, it may not be in the best interests for such gatherings to be held under the name of toymods, however, nothin gis stopping a few friends from getting together and perving on each others cars

we did this in july, and we put the toymods name on it, sure no body stopped us, but no body help either, it was the sole INITIATIVE of 3 celica enthusiasts,

as said, you have to realise that if you want to organise official cruises, then YOU are personally liable for things that happen on the cruise.. unless you have liability insurance

how about.... you encourage celica owners to join toymods as a club, and then go to toymods event? then you can have soem kind of celica banner etc, and be covered by toymods...

Im sorry OC but your not josh to be making comments like this,

basically... isn't toymods enough? do you really need to subdivide it? you could just get " I (heart) Celicas" T-shirts printed up

honestly no toymods isnt enough, i would like a dedicated car club to the classic celicas, even if it is a seperate chapter from toymods, with a seperate club meeting date,

and please dont mention forum boards like you did earlier they are not clubs, they are message boards

futher to that i would like this thread to be closed only because i have recived one post that answerd all my questions from joshstix,

thanks for the feedback, negative or postitive thanks, just really think the classic celicas should be earning a name for themselves, so that way they are more reconizeable,

cyaz
    ThE wOrLd GoEs RoUnD n RoUnD nOt Up N dOwN
    Daily 76' celica 1GGTE 1125kgs 13.7@ 91mph
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

whats the gee-ooo with every one having chicks in there avatars
    1980RIP NATHAN BRETT DEAN2007,

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

The Classic Celica Clubs of SA, Victoria and Canberra are all registered clubs as far as I was aware, not just a forum board, much like Toymods really...
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

honestly no toymods isnt enough, i would like a dedicated car club to the classic celicas, even if it is a seperate chapter from toymods, with a seperate club meeting date,

and please dont mention forum boards like you did earlier they are not clubs, they are message boards
    shit dude, start your own club then. nothing else will satisfy.
    just get all the celica people, ignore the other registered celica clubs, and start your own.

or better yet, call the other registered celica clubs and start up a local chapter.... you seem to have the initiative to organise cruises.. so start a club
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

I don't think he wants to start his own club....it's not about "nothing else satisfy[ing]". He's after something a bit more classic celica specific, but still operating under the banner of Toymods. The way I read it, it's nothing to do with segregration, but more to do with recognition of what was a fantastic era Toyota-wise.

As to whether or not there should be new celica sub=clubs etc, I think if there is demand.....why not? The classic celica guys have already shown though, that are more likely to get together for a cruise (at least from where I'm standing).

I'm so postmodern......

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    The Classic Celica Clubs of SA, Victoria and Canberra are all registered clubs as far as I was aware, not just a forum board, much like Toymods really...
    I believe the only one there that is a registered club is the Canberra Celica Group... (ie. it's not a classic celica club)

It is my understanding that there isn't any registered Classic Celica Clubs in Australia at all...
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

I keep comming back to this thread, Being a Classic Celica owner and a Toymods Member at the same time I find myself asking the same questions as Josh.

There are several other Celica Forums out there, most of which have the same information as Toymods. (OzCelica, ClassicCelica, Classic Celicas.com.au. The Yahoo pages etc)

Creating a separate section (either within the Toymods Forum, or outside it) Means that the Celica guys missout on the input from the rest of the Toymods Community and visa versa. It has already been shown that the Celica guys can organise a cruise, and there is definatly a Classic Celica presence on the forums. Starting a as all the problems outlined above.

Personally I thing that the forums have grown to a point where basically the Dedicated threads that already exist could be made into sub sections where it is easier to filter through the information. ( there is some Gold in the Celica thread but it is forgotten on the next page, or really hard to find)

The only feasable idea I have come up with is to basically have the "General Car talk" section, replicated as "General Classic Celica Talk" Keep all of the Tech info in the tech section to get full exposure to the Community. and the Classic Celica specific info (like Riceburners TA22 rear window guide) in the General Celica talk. any Non car talk still goes to the existing Non Car, Classifieds as they are now. Official cruises where they are now, but having the dedicated section, the Classic Celica Community can grow and support each other without the Toymods Community losing their input.

The pos/neg I see with this is...

a) every other dedicated section would want to follow suit, meaning more strain on the Mods.

b) If the Club were to split into general sub sections, and the template created and monitored well those General Specific areas may attract more contributing users if there is a Dedicated Community backed by the Toymods Community.

c) Dedicated Cruises would have to not clash with the official Toymods Cruises as per current rules, and would probably need some kind of input or guide line and someone responsable to run them (particularly interstate cruises)

d) The legalities involved in organising such a spread.

I like the concept IF it can be done in such a way that it isn't detrimental to the Toymods Community as a whole, and to the Club directly.

I assume that this will be bought up at the next board meeting, so sugestions as to how you organise such a beast would probably be welcome?!?

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

If it becomes based on dedicated thread size... can we have an AW11 community as well, what about an MA61 community, then there is the GT4 community... you get the idea.

The dedicated threads are massive and brilliant sources of information, but it work because it's all in 1 place. It's very simple to use the search thread tool to find the info you need and read the threads around that area.

I don't think there needs to be segregation, just as Simon said, it removes that segment from the rest of the community. There is much to be learned from all Toyota owners and modifiers as many principles are transposable. It also helps in the case of conversions to have people familiar with the engine you are looking at due to time spent actually owning the car the same as where the donor engine is coming from.

Then there are the people like myself (I will get selfish now) who love the classic celicas and learning about them, but for one reason or another, don't own one.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Us rolla lads won't be asking for a sub-club, we can't even organise a cruise.

If you look up apathy in the dictionary you'll find a picture of a KE corolla owner

I re read what I posted I just want to add to that, that those Comments are my personal opinion and not those of the board.

I like the dedicated threads but, if a newby comes along I doubt very much that they are going to read through 227 odd pages, having all the juicy bits in individual thread is what I would like to see. River in his wisdom has started a Classic celica guide that links alot of good information but not any from the dedicated threads.

What ever is done has to be a Win/Win for both the Sub community and the Toymods community. Herein lies the problem.

Cheers
    Simon

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica
    I like the concept IF it can be done in such a way that it isn't detrimental to the Toymods Community as a whole, and to the Club directly.
    I agree with this. I would like to see something official for the classic celicas, but Toymods is an awesome forum and I wouldnt have it any other way. I dont want to see it wrecked, becuase its the best forum set up I have seen. Full Stop.

A classic celica club of Australia with state chapters would be cool. But then who has the time to do this? I would put the effort in to make it work if I had the time, but I dont... and most people are just like me these days, dont have the time.

It is a bit sad though that there are so many legalities and regulations about clubs, liability etc. I know the general idea is for our own safety but it kind of puts a dampener on everything. Its like all the fun has to get sucked out of it and you start to think whats the point? Not talking about toymods as such, but starting up an official classic celica club would be difficult.

I wish there were some easy answers to the whole thing but there is not. In the mean time I will enjoy the get together cruises us QLDers have and hope that it doesnt turn to shit because of all the legalities involved, and that I dont step on anyone's toes here on Toymods
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

i agree there should be a sub section... if all other cars have their own subsections the same.
    lots of people like celicas... but lots of other people like classic corollas... some like classic coronas.. some like classic crowns...
    turning toymods into "the toymods and celica club" is a bit much ..

not everyone thinks celicas were the crowning achievement of toyotas 70's.... (they may well be just misguided tho )

i'm still waiting for people to collate the useful information in the dedicated threads, even in point form, for use as an FAQ.... that would require much less searching for noobs (and they might be more likely to read it)...

as for cruises.... why nto just organise more official cruises and encourage whatever kind of car to come along? to say "celicas can come but crowns are not welcome".. is a bit ghey

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    as for cruises.... why nto just organise more official cruises and encourage whatever kind of car to come along? to say "celicas can come but crowns are not welcome".. is a bit ghey
    LOL Stu have you seen my sig? All welcome? We even have a commodore coming on the Brissy cruise last time I checked!

I can understand not wanting to separate all toymods forums up to car specific, Im still happy the way it is, but I think recognizing separate groups ie. having say a classic celica cruise (but all still welcome) doesnt hurt. But yes there are issues of liability etc that have been mentioned, but they kind of make it suck a bit when you have to start worrying about that. If they could be recognised as official events covered by toymods would be great, but I am not in a position to bring this up with the board so I wont.
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

Negative Reputation Domestic Engineer Howieau's Avatar

Celicas better than corollas. Which one is still in production lol.

I own a celica by the way.
    "There is a better way to do it, find it" -Thomas Edison

Exactly, You are opening a can of worms by suggesting it.

The more you think about it the more difficult it gets to manage.

On the Cruises side, there are Celica Cruises planned once a year, the Crown picnic once a year. it is possible to promote 1 dedicated cruise that the vehicle type owners can plan for if nothing else, but there shouldn't be any reason that other can't tag along. The Celica Cruise was aptly name the Celica Appreciation Cruise, so those that appreciate and not necesarily own could attend for example. The other "event" I have in my mind is a part swap type of meet that would probably work better if marketed within a sub community.

At the end of the day, creating Sub-groups is a very big step for Toymods. The question, I suppose is, are Toymods Members mature enough to make it a succesful step forward, or do the forums slip back to the old forums again. Utter Chaos.

Cheers
    Simon