Thread: Ra28 tow bar on Ra23?

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Ra28 tow bar on Ra23?

I have taken the tow bar off my ra28, dunno why it was on there in the first place, and one of my friends wants to put it on his run around ra23, but cos it's the one that passes under the fuel tank and bolts on behind the back seat my question is will it fit?, i know that in the boot models the fuel tank is behind the seat's and is it just as simple as taking that out to have access to the mounting position? or is it something more difficult,?
    also on another note will the wiring be the same?

Cheers Brett

Here's a photo so you know what im on about,,
    no project on the go,, Zzzzzzzzz

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

Default Re: Ra28 tow bar on Ra23?

Ive spent alot of time under my 23 and i can tell you there is nothing existing for a towbar. You may have to add some sort of mounts or brackets for it to adapt to.

Also, the wiring your going to have to add, so if you dont want it anymore and can spare you other half of the connection, he can than use that and tap into all his current wiring loom.

Without actualy trialing it and seeing where it reaches to i cant be sure. But to me it looks asthough thats not going to work. Though it might mount the the rails okay, i cant see where the front most mount is going to grab on. As you have a wheel well there instead.
    And not much of anything else in the 23.

But not to say you couldnt add stuff and make it work, just dont know what engineers might say about that, that is if they are going to see it

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Ra28 tow bar on Ra23?

Thanks for the info smokey, we tried it yesterday and believe me there's no way it was going on,, the floor comes down too far to allow for the spare tyre also his car only had one point on the back to bolt it on instead of two, so no luck,, anyway i dont want it he cant use it, so it's going in the free to a good home section soon,,

Brett
    no project on the go,, Zzzzzzzzz