Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #15 – Sunday 25th November 2007

I'll think of something.. Backyard Mechanic -NiCkeL-'s Avatar

Default Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #15 – Sunday 25th November 2007

Comments and discussion welcome!

Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #15 – Sunday 25th November 2007.

Time: Meeting at 8am to leave by 8.30am sharp!

Date: Sunday 25th November 2007.

Place:
    Bunnings Warehouse Car Park, Cranbourne. Melways: Map 129, Ref J 10.

Anyone interested in photography and nature combined with magnificent scenery and driving will not want to miss this trip!

The next Classic Celica Club of Victoria cruise will be a bit longer than our normal cruises, so we will be leaving from the Bunnings Cranbourne Car Park at 8.30am sharp to enable us to reach Tidal River comfortably and have plenty of time (approx 3-4 hours) for sightseeing, photos, lunch and general chit-chat.

The lengthy cruise will start at 8.30am and our first destination point will be through to Leongatha McDonalds where we'll have a quick piddle, breakfast and catch up stop for any late comers. This part of the cruise shouldn’t take more than an hour – it’s about an 80km journey from Cranbourne to Leongatha.

From there we head to the Prom (approx 100km) via Meeniyan, Fish Creek and Yanakie. Fuel is available along the way, but do make sure we start the cruise with a full tank of fuel – there are places that sell Premium, but do come prepared!

All going to plan we will arrive at Wilsons Prominary around 12.30 depending on how often we stop on the way, as Crazy says it’s hard not to stop for photos and sightseeing!

Lunch will be a bring-your-own BBQ at Tidal River, then we’ll have a couple hours to do your own thing. There’s a range of things to do, whether it be fishing, short walks, a walk to the top of Mount Oberon perhaps? Although uphill and a long a track, but it’s really worth the effort if the weather is clear.

Departure from the Prominary will be around 3pm to reach Cranbourne at around 6pm. All roads are sealed and I promise you if you haven't been to the Prom before you are in for a great day, just ask anyone who's been there! This is your chance to drive to the southernmost point of the Australian mainland so don’t miss out! Look forward to seeing you there! Entry prices to the park is around $9.00.

Any problems? Contact myself (Andrew) on 0413 889 068.

Comments and suggestions welcome… hope we can all make this an enjoyable day!
    Classic Celica Club of Victoria - http://cccvic.cjb.net

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au - The place to go for all things Classic Celica...

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #15 – Sunday 25th November 2007

Just a footnote, you will need a fishing licence to fish in Tidal River, those that have one bring your rods etc. the river holds Bream, Mullet,Trevally and I think a small fishing comp. may be on the cards. There is of course rock and surf fishing available as well for the more adventurous. Fishing licences can be bought from Cranbourne Tackle store just down from Bunnings before departure. See you there. Crazy.

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #15 – Sunday 25th November 2007

Whoo hoo... I might even pack the fly rod and try and polaroid some Mullet...
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Less cheese than a Grease Monkey andurils_sheath's Avatar

looking forward to this one. Should be great
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan
    In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces.

But I have no carport? Carport Converter merc-blue's Avatar

accepting non classic celicas? AW11 should be regged by the

...of course! You and mike hunt can come with your identical AW11's.. lol

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au - The place to go for all things Classic Celica...

But I have no carport? Carport Converter merc-blue's Avatar

identical!! they look nothing alike, about as similar as a TA22 and a TA23

Junior Member Domestic Engineer shelldrake's Avatar

You know I'm in....If my car is back together. I'll be doing all I can to get it done.
    Assumption is the mother of all f**kups...

Jeez Eddie, it was organised for late Nov. to give you a chance to have it done, wot are ya!!! Just as well you're not running at Winton, we'd have to postpone till Jan. Only jokin'

He's got about 6 weeks...you'll be right Eddie!

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

oooh oooh ooooh.... This one sound GOOD!

I may even have a better looking half to bring along
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice kickn5k's Avatar

I`ll have the KE-11 along to this one Leigh aka webers4x48 should be in his twinky and maybe if the kid next doors, "63" slide window mini 850 with cooper s running gear is ready then he might come too.

stu.

Three weeks to go, how's the preparations going? Marcus and Eddie you are banned from drag meets until after the cruise, you know what happens there dont you?

Not long to go... I better get my butt into gear and get that Celica ready!

Less cheese than a Grease Monkey andurils_sheath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -NiCkeL-
    Not long to go... I better get my butt into gear and get that Celica ready!
    Haha will be interesting to see what you have constructed.
    But oh dear only 3 weeks i gotta get the celica going reliably, struth.

Haha cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan
    In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces.