Thread: Stock/Standard JZS147 Aristo Battery CCA Rating?

stunt dog Backyard Mechanic Esteban's Avatar

Question Stock/Standard JZS147 Aristo Battery CCA Rating?

Hey, trying to discover the standard JZS147 Aristo Battery CCA Rating, anyone know what they had from factory? I currently have a 670 CCA but when compliance replaced the battery they took "correct sized battery" to mean "it fits in the hole provided" with no regard for any of its electrical properties (yes I was present when this happened, great service, I had to put the thing in).

Unfortunately, the battery that was there previously was obviously of the wrong "size" as it didn't even strap in, and although I took it home and charged it to see if it had simply run flat, the battery was indeed rooted. I foolishly threw it out without recording any of it's details too.

The 670 CCA battery in the car atm certainly has no trouble turning the low compression and starting the car. I have had it run flat whilst sitting (which is what the car does a lot of) but I had the boot tied open to replace the struts and forgot to pull the bulb. I also have the car hooked up to the battery fighter now so there's less chance that this will ever happen.

So anyone with the information please stand up, or if not, post what you have.

I'm also interested in the smallest battery you have successfully used in the car (both CCA and weight). I'm planning on a battery boot conversion, and would like to know the lightest possible battery I can get away with. I have some absorbed power glass mat SLAs in the shed that I could use, but they aren't exactly light. I drove a celica on it's starter motor for some distance with a small one though, so they can certainly provide some current. Also ran fridges off the 75, a 1000W inverter with a stereo and a laptop playing MP3s all weekend long, didn't look like dropping below 12V.
    GTE23 - Accruing parts - Packed away in the farm container
    UZA28 - Accruing parts - Packed away in the farm container
    LN65 - Awaiting 1KZT dual transfer 4.88 electric locker transplant
    YN65 - Drive car and cabin donor - ok fuckit 1UZ conversion
    YN65 - Additional cabin donor - engineered bogan spec

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Stock/Standard JZS147 Aristo Battery CCA Rating?

55D23L it's rated at about 465cca

i wouldn't go any smaller on the cca if you're going to run a remote battery, not with 6 foot of resistor inline.

amp/hours will tell you roughly how long the battery will last without charge, but get the CCA to low and your voltage will drop while cranking, dropping out the ecu or even releasing the starter plunger

stunt dog Backyard Mechanic Esteban's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    55D23L it's rated at about 465cca
    Cool, where did you get that info if I can ask? :-)

I can put anything from 35, 50, or 70mm2 cable in there so once I've determined the length I can decide exactly how heavy I want the car to get... don't think there'll be much of a voltage drop through 50 square upwards...
    GTE23 - Accruing parts - Packed away in the farm container
    UZA28 - Accruing parts - Packed away in the farm container
    LN65 - Awaiting 1KZT dual transfer 4.88 electric locker transplant
    YN65 - Drive car and cabin donor - ok fuckit 1UZ conversion
    YN65 - Additional cabin donor - engineered bogan spec

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

just off the top of my head

depend on who you talk to but 0gauge(bout 52mm2) should hold out for cranking that size motor at about 6 feet.

If you need anymore length you might want to go 00gauge to be on the safe side(70mm2)

last thing you want to do is fry/run out of voltage if you have to crank to long.

Junior Member Grease Monkey BMWTurbo's Avatar

Look into Odsyey and Optima batteries for small size ans weight.

Not just a regular Backyard Mechanic ProjectSleeper's Avatar

I ran an Odyssey 680 MJT in my Cressida and whilst it did the job, the Reserve capacity was CRAP

When I moved the battery to the boot (the only practiucal way I could get a decent sized battery. I went as large as practical - the RC now is awesome - No more flat batteries after sitting with the radio on for 6 hrs (the Odyssey lasted about 2 hrs before a jump start was needed) Also, the tracker in my car drained the Odyssey in 4 days if not driven. The new one is good for about a month now ( probably mopre, but that's the longest it's gone undriven)