Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The HKS 2.4 1G stroker....... Isn't 2.4 :o/

I like Cheese Backyard Mechanic Jackel's Avatar

Default Re: The HKS 2.4 1G stroker....... Isn't 2.4 :o/

what does this compare to your current head, have you got pictures of the porting work?
    Previous Rides: JZA80, GA70 GT, RA63 GT x2, TA61 GT, TA63.

Worlds Fastest 1G Backyard Mechanic

Nothing like my current head, I didn't measure the valves yesterday before I took it to the machine shop to get cleaned up, but I'd say the valves are 1-2mm oversize. The HKS head also has stock buckets, retainers and collets and just has better springs and the HKS cams which I think have about 8.1mm of lift. My new race head has shimless buckets, PSI valve springs ($980 worth ) Titanium retainers and ferrea collets, 4mm oversize valves and over 10mm of lift on the cams. We cut 2 separate 1G heads up, of of them from one end to the other through the centre to ave a look at the cooling system and where the water jackets were in relation to the port, and the other we cut sideways through the ports to have a look at the shape and see where we could fiddle.

The head on my new engine is where 90% of my money and development went, it is after all the most important aspect in making power. We even worked out port velocity and runner diam and what port diam we needed to make peak power at 95-9800rpm with no dry ice and over 10 with dry ice, and coincidentally, it makes peak at 9600 The difference in port flow has been huge, talking purely in hp terms, the stock 1G head flows about 260 superflow hp, my old head with about as much porting as we could do with stock valves had 298 superflow hp, and my new head has 366 I think its about 231cfm@28" for those that know the figures, and keeping that in mind, thats about as much as a RB26 head with a 3 angle valve seat and some minor bowl work, which in my eyes is pretty damn good!!

I'd say this HKS head flows around the 300-305 superflow hp, better than the head I had on my 9 sec engine, but not anything like my current head. I'll prob get a port tested just for interests sake though

6BOOST

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

do you know the specs on the cams?
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

No, I might get them measured up just for interests sake, head has been sold though, might do it before it leaves this week.

Kyle.

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

kyle,
    did you ever measure the valves and cams before you got rid of this head?
    and the port work, to run say no more than 300 rwkw, would it do this? im assuming it would, as your old head did...

and and and, what would happen, if using the HKS crank, along with your spool rods and forged pistons from your stroker kit? would it all work out right, or would it be up the shit?

cheers, andrew
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

-Street Drag Machine- Grease Monkey renxun's Avatar

wow .... the 1G is so expensive over there at your place.... in malaysia here... pl just dont bothered with 1G at all ... and they just sit at a corner in junk yards and they cost less around 1k if i were to convert to aus dollar for a halfcut....
    Drift Drift Drift and drift untill getting high fever...

Roadhouse Automotive Encyclopaedia emp?'s Avatar

thats about what they cost here
    but this isnt a stock 1g
    its a rare as rocking horse shit hks stroker motor
    KE38 - 2TG
    MS65 - 1UZ

Captain Insano Grease Monkey sanchez's Avatar

were the cams 264 deg with 8.1 lift? i've got the same cams and i was curious as to how much power they'd make on a ported head.
    1GGTE powered AE86
    JZX100 Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ
    dude he is in darwin...you could use cocaine powered monkeys to move your car and the RTA wouldnt care

Yeah they were the HKS 264's. Nt sure how much power they will make, they are going on a built engine, sold the head a while ago now and is sitting here all cleaned up and reco'd, customer is waiting on the stroker kits to go ahead to finish an engine.

They would be very nice streetable cams, little difference in spool and at 400rwhp prob worth around 20-30hp.

Kyle