Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nitrous & 4agte

****yas Grease Monkey

Default nitrous & 4agte

hello.

first off i tried a search but nos is too short and it just doesnt couple with 4agte. anywho maybe i wasnt doing it right so i thought i'd just ask.

anywho
    4agte with a t3 from vg30, will be running a microtech so tuning is ok. just wondering if anyone has experience with nitrous on these motors. would probably be looking at a small shot just to help with spool, perhaps a 40 would be a bit of fun. i doubt it'll ever happen but i'm interested anyway.

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Default Re: nitrous & 4agte

im looking at doing this in the future when i get a larger turbo.

50hp shot should be enough. I want that damn 10.99.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Sucks to be a Domestic Engineer YelloRolla's Avatar

Is there a question in this?
    YelloRolla's KE20 1/4mi = 11.32 @ 119mph @ 22psi on slicks
    12.44 @ 113 mph on 165 wide street tyres
    210rwkw - not bad for a smelly 3TGTE running pump fuel.

****yas Grease Monkey

yellorolla: yes. have you used gas with a 4agte & please share your experiences if you have - engine combo, times, anything really.

cuzzo: jeezuz man i didnt realise that your chasin 10's
    gotta admit i'm only really building this rolla as a quick budget car while im at uni. i just want 12's for a total outlay of under 10k which i reckon will be pretty realistic considering i've only spent 5 so far haha.
    anywho on the topic of nos, i went over to my mates house on the weekend:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...b/DSC00241.jpg

it went well without the gas & just a mild 350..
    383 & a 150 shot should liven it up he says haha

i reckon your on the ball about the 50shot though. what size turbo will you be looking at running though?
    what turbo are you running now & 1/4 mile time? i think you've told me before but i've forgotten

Sucks to be a Domestic Engineer YelloRolla's Avatar

I have not used gas on a 4A GTE. It will do what you want though as far as spooling goes. There is nothing about the 4A that is different from any other engine in so far as nitrous will make it quicker
    I don't use nitrous on my car, and as can be gleaned from my avatar, spool time isn't of concern.
    What car is your engine in?
    FWIW - Bigworm's RA23 Celica ran mid 12's with a 4A GTE and an HKS GT2510 turbo no nitrous.
    I am not against nitrous, I will turn to it when my car is not getting any quicker from other intelligent mods.
    YelloRolla's KE20 1/4mi = 11.32 @ 119mph @ 22psi on slicks
    12.44 @ 113 mph on 165 wide street tyres
    210rwkw - not bad for a smelly 3TGTE running pump fuel.

****yas Grease Monkey

its in a ke55

im kind of interested in hearing whether anyones head has lifted under the load of boost & nitrous (and at what point this has happened). mostly just wondering as people generally say the studs are one of the weaker links - obviously the bottom end will cope

you have to understand that my build and big worms build are worlds apart. mine has been a budget build, using a stock motor and a cheap turbo while his is built & matched well with a fairly expensive (in comparison) turbo.

AVGAS DRINKING Carport Converter 30psi 4agte's Avatar

I have used that same turbo combo on one of my old engines.... It used to see full boost at 3000 rpm..... Which isnt too bad.

Nos is great fun but can be very violent..and will see a short engine life if the motor isnt prept for it.

regular fella Conversion King chris davey's Avatar

backyarder runs nos on his 4agte although I think his engine "may" be a little bit more crazy than yours

Not 4ag, but I am about to hit mine with a 50shot at Jamboree next week. This is a 1jz corona. Made 230rwkw no nos (12.17@118mph, 2.11 60ft) and made 276rwkw with a 50shot. Same boost of 15psi.

Main reason I went with n2o rather than upping the boost is that I can make the power I need to run a 10.9X, get instant torque off the line, aid spool therefore don't have to go to a looser converter which will sacrifice top end & I have seen how hard some of the nitrous cars launch. As well as this, if I was to go to a MUCH larger turbo (currently 57mm 500hp rated) I could get away with a much tighter converter than otherwise which means less time on the converter, less heat in trans and more consistent reaction times. All good things in my book

Run your car no nitrous first. See how you go. Then if you want a bit more speed then look into options. FWIW I am expecting my mph to jump from 118 to about 126 with a 50 shot in a 2700lb (race weight car). However, the biggest thing is the 60ft for a quick ET and this is where N2o will help the most.

To see the diff, 2 vids.

No nos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5QfzvgqTuo

Nos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irga3KD7cp0

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    that interior is so jap...just looking at it makes me want to kill a whale
    QUICKEST 1JZ'S IN OZ

****yas Grease Monkey

fuck thats a hell good way of demonstrating the difference, thats awesome haha
    do you reckon you'll get tempted to run a bigger squirt though?
    & have you given it a go on the street?

im kinda limited by my gearbox anyway im sure it will smash without any help of gas

Nope. No more nitrous I don't think. I only want to run a high 10 as I can't afford all the safety gear and licencing etc. If I wanted more power I can up the boost as I am only running 15psi which is the lowest possible

Haven't used it all yet. Definitely would not use it on the street, apart from the legalities, it would just light up the rears in probably any gear!
    QUICKEST 1JZ'S IN OZ

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Dude with doing most of the work ourselves. my rolla got into the 12's on street tyres on 15psi. cost $8000
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Olde mechanic Carport Converter oldeskewltoy's Avatar

only recommendation I have is to go wet system instead of dry........
    Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzo
    Dude with doing most of the work ourselves. my rolla got into the 12's on street tyres on 15psi. cost $8000
    My (so far) 12 second advantures cost considerably more than that

Definitely recommend a wet system if you are on a budget. Otherwise, you will need much larger injectors and someone good to tune it. My microtech has the ability to add fuel when the nitrous is activated anyway so I have it tuned for 850psi bottle pressure and 15psi boost. If the air temp goes up and bottle pressure goes to 950psi then more nitrous will be injected. I can then easily plonk in an extra say .5ms of fuel through the injectors to correct it (as I have a wideband o2).
    QUICKEST 1JZ'S IN OZ

****yas Grease Monkey

yer most people i've spoken about it recommend wet systems.

$8k for 12's is good.
    i've got about 5k into the car, and another grand or so for parts that i havent fitted yet like the brakes & hilux diff. the ecu will bump up the total to about 8k, its kinda fun doin it all on the cheap & building it yourself although at the same time i wouldnt mind just paying someone & having it running pronto.

been thinking about hiding the bottle. maybe build a little toolbox for the boot and keep it locked.. not sure eh. either that or gut out a subwoofer and hide the bottle in that.

not that I recommend it or anything but the bottle is the easy part to find. As soon as someone looks in the bonnet or under the car and see braided lines or large solenoids it is a bit of a give away

I don't recommend using it on the street by the way. Keep it to the track.

BTW had to take a very small drive today in my car. Still got the N2o sticker on the back as required by ANDRA. Hoping police don't know chemistry
    QUICKEST 1JZ'S IN OZ