Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA61 power windows into AE86 THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!- now I just need wiring help.

I see invisible people Backyard Mechanic WHITCHY's Avatar

Default MA61 power windows into AE86 THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!- now I just need wiring help.

Its official...MA61 electric windows fit into AE86!

Well I just go back from grabbing a set of power windows from an MA61 and I am about to go and test fit them into my Sprinter, but I didn't have hours to spend ripping the whole MA61 dash apart to get all the wiring I needed, and the fuse box had already been taken so it woulda been kind of useless.
    So my question is, is there anyone out there that can tell me how to wire up these electric windows if they fit in?
    I have the gears and the motors and all the plugs and as much of the wiring as I could grab.

Can someone please tell me where there wires should lead to, and where I should have fuses, relays etc.
    if you cant make it out they are:
    Yellow with red
    yellow with white
    white with black
    blue with red
    blue with black

if anyone can help me out with this I will be forever greatful!
    Thanks in advance.
    -Whitchy-
    Last edited by WHITCHY; 06-02-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Default Re: MA61 power windows into AE86 -Wiring help.

White with black is the earth. Blue with black and blue with red at the passenger side ones. I can't remember the combo for the other ones though.
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: MA61 power windows into AE86 THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!- now I just need wiring help.

make sur eu get the switches
    these have special terminals inside that switch power and earth the the wires then reverse the signals to make em change direction

Default Re: MA61 power windows into AE86 THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!- now I just need wiring help.

ok well I wired up the driver side motor with the white wire going to -ve terminal and one of the yellow ones going to the +ve terminal and it worked fine!
    and I noticed that the two yellow wires go into a plug and then when they come out the other side they are joined and form one wire.
    Can anyone tell me where this 2nd wire should go?
    should I just run them both to the +ve terminal or does one go to the passenger side with the blue wires?

Sideshow: I grabbed both the diverside and passenger side switches, the only thing I didn't get was any relays or fuses if there are meant to be any?

Thanks again for the help so far.
    Cheers.
    -Whitchy-

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

whitchy - next time instead of just driving past, follow me home and bring those winders and switches with you....

It's pretty simple to wire up
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Hachi Rusto Backyard Mechanic Julz01's Avatar

sweet ill have to go down to the wreakers now and grab some for my self,only problem is where would you be able to put the switches for the windows though.

add some more pics of the window setup if you can whitcy

thanks rep+1

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

so if they fit into ae86, they should go into a 1st gen celica rather easily?

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

i can just see it now... shortage of ma61 power windows!

should check if mx6/7/8x cressi ones fit....

Yay! I'm an Automotive Encyclopaedia Hydra's Avatar

Dammit, thats not good at all. Yes, check to see if common ones fit better

not sure how they work

i always use the vl comm switches they are piss easy to wire up

battery power in and an earth

then all u have ar eth emotor wires

if i get spare time ill look at the diagrams

My Missus is a Domestic Engineer BradW's Avatar

If you are in Sydney and you cant get switches or want to use different ones, there is a place at moorebank on heathcote rd called Electric Life. They do all sorts of power window kits and have a decent range of aftermarket and oem replacement power window switches.
    I wouldn't worry about getting any of the wiring out of the donor car (apart from the plugs to plug into the motors). It is easy enough to wire up from scratch.
    Brad

Old Corollas never die...

My KE30
    Updated 15/7/2007............ yes, I need to pull my finger out.

Well guys its all sorted out! I should have tried to put it all together before I posted!
    The blue ones go to the passenger doors, the yellow wire that splits into two, one goes to constant power and the other goes across to the passenger side for power, white was ground and I think that was it!
    Thanks for all ya help tho!
    For anyone now going out to do this mod, it will be sweet if you dont have any other wires running through the wire holes in the body to the door, but I have central locking so I had to drill another hole above the old one just for the window wires, but it is so simple and well worth it!

Witzl: Next time I am around your way i will pop in and see if you are home so u can check my wiring job and fix it/add things if need be!thanks!

And thanks everyone for all the help!
    Cheers.
    -Whitchy-

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

I have some MA61 motors for sale if any other hachiboy wants em... PM me!

/shameless advertising...
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Toymods Midget Automotive Encyclopaedia Yian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julz01
    sweet ill have to go down to the wreakers now and grab some for my self,only problem is where would you be able to put the switches for the windows though.

add some more pics of the window setup if you can whitcy

thanks rep+1
    You find an MA61 for wreck, you tell me You can keep all the power window bits you want... its the other parts me and Melbourne MA61 owners are looking for.
    SHE LIVES!
    1984 MA61, 1998 Honda Hornet CB600F

whitchy
    is it possible for you to get a better picture of the entire arm?
    it looks suspiciously similar to an ra40 window arm
    if it is still possible could you grab the bolt hole spacing and the angle that the arm is at at rest and full extension.
    I will compare it to the RA40's ihave sitting here and see if it is a viable replacement.

MX6x power windows have the scissor arrangement (two crossover bars) to wind the window up.
    cutting one of the arms off makes it look close but the angle doesn't seem right and the bolt hole spacings i think were different from memory, also the little wheel to go into the track in the window was smaller. so they weren't a direct fit.
    Brett Celicacoupe used these on his car but just welded the motor to the ra40 arm and this worked fine by doing it that way