Thread: Aw11 Owners.

Beer anyone?? Domestic Engineer Just1n_mc's Avatar

Default Aw11 Owners.

I'm currently looking to buy some rims in from Japan, but i'm about to upgrade my brakes to ST185 singles up front and late model SW20 rears.

Does changing the brakes mean that i'll have to run different wheel offsets to clear the calipers?? I currently have 16x7 with a +35 offset. What are you guy's who done the swap running as far as size and offset goes.

Cheers, Justin.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer psychofox's Avatar

Default Re: Aw11 Owners.

look in the AW11 owners anon thread, nick.parker is having issues with your exact brake upgrade and his rims.
    Wollongong Sporting Car Club - Secretary
    Current Cars:
    2004 TW Magna VR-X AWD w/6G74 - Tow Car
    1989 AW11 MR2 w/4A-GE 20V - Track Car

Junior Member Carport Converter Mooro's Avatar

Default Re: Aw11 Owners.

I think the issue is more to do with spoke design rather than size and offset. So your rims may or may not fit. The ST185 brakes also came out on the later model ST184 celica's. I'm not sure but I think they run a 15" rims standard and I suspect the offset is around +40 so yours should be OK depending on spoke design.

I'm planning the exact same upgrade...I'm hoping to possibly go down to a 15" rim and when searching I'm just trying to be aware of spoke design in terms of brake clearance. ie if they are deep dish rims you are more likely to have problems.