Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ta22 brake master cylinder

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default ta22 brake master cylinder

hey all just wanting to know if this is a ta22 brake master cylinder and what can i use to make my brakes better with out having to change everthng thanks

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...urrent=039.jpg
    http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...urrent=038.jpg
    http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...urrent=037.jpg
    i tryed to get a re builed kit for one but it didnt look like it was goin o work in anyway my old one leaks and now that i have the 3tgte in it i need to do something about it
    thanks

Excited Member Grease Monkey thomasbl's Avatar

Default Re: ta22 brake master cylinder

Whats wrong with your brakes? If you explain that a bit more clearly, we can help work out if a MC is what you need.

That dude with the AE95's Backyard Mechanic Kebin's Avatar

my MC is leaking from under the seal were it bolts to the booster it takes about 2 day for it to all leak out i have try to get a new one but no one dose them u can only get a re build kit for them and ever re build kit i try get is different so i want to know what i can put on there to make my brakes better thanks

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Throw a Pajero MC on it!
    That'll only be a forward step if he has upgraded his brake calipers to warrant the increase in master cylinder bore size.

By the sounds of it he is just after a functioning master cylinder to work with his standard brakes? Correct me if i am wrong.

c budge, have you been out to Queanbeyan to Australian Brake Sleeving or what ever it's called? Or have you been dealing with ACT Brakes?

i want to know what i can put on there to make my brakes better thanks
    Without an upgrade to your front or rear calipers/drums warranting an increase in fluid displacement you will only be needing a replacement master cylinder of the same bore diameter.

Is the rest of your brake system in good working order?
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

I even do the dishes as Domestic Engineer Rodger's Avatar

Probably find that a whole new TA-22 M/C is as cheap as a resleeve and kit. They should be readily available form our local brake places.

It was actually far cheaper for me to buy a new Clutch M/C than resleeving and kitting the old one.

Could I interest you in a dual circuit M/C for the TA-22? I have one which is the TA-22GT item in need of sleeving and kitting and I think a new one of these would be hard to find.

Useful if you plan to do any motorsport.

Regards

Rodger

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger
    Probably find that a whole new TA-22 M/C is as cheap as a resleeve and kit. They should be readily available form our local brake places.
    That's correct Rodger, I probably should have provided more detail and noted that whilst I mention Australian Brake Sleeving as a point of call I was not recommending a re-sleeve and would recommend just getting a new item. I've just found the guys out there to be more helpful than ACT Bxxxxs these days.

They should be readily available but I know that chasing down the one in my car a couple of years ago was no simple task. In fact I don't even think it was a TA22 listed item we got in the end.

Mitsubishi Mirage masters are a bolt on affair also, bear in mind though that a standard TA22 master is 13/16 and the Mirage item is 7/8. May or may not require the lines to be repositioned too. They would be readily available and I'd expect cheap too.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

That dude with the AE95's Backyard Mechanic Kebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c budge
    and now that i have the 3tgte in it i need to do something about it
    thanks
    Well it may be a good idea to upgrade the brakes if they havent already been done.
    A pajero or similar brake MC only costs around $35 from the local wreckers.

you can't get a new one from any where repco,supper,cheap,act brakes dont do a new MC and i will be changing my front brake in the next few months so i kinda want to put a new MC but dont want to have to change or my lines and at this time i'm kinda after anything that will work thanks

oi in my pic is that a ta22 MC

yeh when my MC stuffed up in my ta22 i couldnt find a new one for sale had to get a sleeve put in it, clutch MC is not a problem but brake MC hard to find, at least in my area

yeah even toyota dont do them its so shit

i dunno wat i'm goin to do but i think all ta22 owners are kinda stuffed if they need a new MC.. looks like i'm goin to the wreckers this weekend..

The Evil Director Backyard Mechanic jfallen's Avatar

02 camry brake MC's fit, that's what I've got on mine.

Cheers
    Jordan
    Past rides: 86 Hilux, 3x ke55 rollas's (2coupes,) 5th Gen GT4 x2, RA28, TA22 x3, KE10, P610 datto, RT40 corona x3, RT132, MX13

Currrent: , CA-A22 Celica living life as a Sports Sedan, 2000model ST215W Caldina GT-T manual, RT40 corona.

I even do the dishes as Domestic Engineer Rodger's Avatar

Camry MCs are really good if the front calipers are upgraded beyond the size of the RA60/65 series, probably ideally suited to the Hilux calipers or the RX7 or Nissan four pots.

It would be a very very hard pedal on stock TA-22 brakes and even a very hard pedal for the RA23/28/40 calipers.

My 22 has Magna TN calipers, they are a size between the RA23 and RA60/65 and I find the Camry MC on the hard side when just tooling around the street but excelent for track days when the pads are warmed up.

Cheapest way out right now would be to clean out the MC and use a bit of fine sand-paper to knock off the rest of the rust and put a kit through it. Use this as a last resort whilst you plan and buy bits for that brake upgrade.

Try looking for kits that suit any MC that is the same size. Some of the MCs used for trailers maybe suitable.

Regards

Rodger