Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ---- November Event ---- Toymods & CCG Weekend away ****CANCELLED***

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Default Re: ---- November Event ---- Toymods & CCG Weekend away ****CANCELLED***

Matt and Mitch it seems that you to are the only two I have to pass the unfortunate news that this event has been cancelled due to the lack of intrest.

Pm me as I was thinking we could meet up in Canberra on Sunday for a mini cruise and maybe lunch

what do you guys think???
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

im a hardcore Backyard Mechanic LO01UX's Avatar

Default Re: ---- November Event ---- Toymods & CCG Weekend away ****CANCELLED***

that sux i was actually going to try and book this week ohwell theres always next time
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic celicaboy_2000's Avatar

That is crap, I imagined there would've been heaps of interest with this but I guess I was wrong. Is it because not many people check out the events forum or because noone could be bothered coming? either way it really sux.

I would be up for the lunch/mini cruise, maybe we should start another thread and hopefully get some people interested for this.... Im in either way

Matt

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Just bad timing for a lot of folks. Simon and I were heading down, till the surgeon re-scheduled my minor knee op.

These are really good events, so I hope we try again, even if it is just a day trip to the Gong or thereabouts for a feed and a chat.

cheers Chuck
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Ahwell....Tweety was almost packed and ready to go too. Still had more CCG lurkers thinking about it too but only Matt and I ready to roll!

Hey Stitt, we will have to choose a quiter time with less alternatives for the guys so we can round up the usual and new suspects next time!

If you want to do the cruise I can tell the CCG but I might not be able to make it this WE.
    Cheers
    Mitch

Cheers
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic celicaboy_2000's Avatar

Im always up for a cruise, keep me posted. PS just gave the bonnet a buff an the paint came up sparkling... pretty thin and see through in a couple of spot but hey what can you expect from a 30yr old car! Ill have to do the rest of the car now

Matt

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Curly_23's Avatar

aw man that sux... im down at Kioloa this weekend (20mins from Ulladulla)... so i was gonna meet up with you guys. Ive been slack lately as ive been hell busy at work. Was hoping you'd all just go so i could meet you down there im up for the next event for sure... looks like it'll be the Marques in the Park show. Cmon guys lets get a big turnout again.

Last time we got a big even going was our massive cruise, and i think thats the most successful event we've had in the history of the CCG!!!! So lets do it... everyone and anyone has to be there, i dont even care what your car looks like. Mitch can we please get a thread up about this. Last time we put our heads together we got a huge turnout... and this time is even more important because we will be out there for the public to see. I want us up there as one of the more renowned clubs in Canberra. So lets whoop the Torana Club and FPV .. AND GET SOME NUMBERS!!!! Lets start a push for this event. Everyones welcome, especially guys like Rodger and the like with the awesome celicas!!!

This is our chance to be recognised. So big and small, young and old.... LETS GET THERE! Let me know what you think pls... Cheers,

-CURLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Hey Curly

The coast event was cancelled due to hardly anyone saying they would definately be there. Like you mate, everyone just wants to turn up and you just cant run events like that. They need lots of planning.

The Marques in the Park car show is a planned event also and due to over 500 cars turning up they cant just invite everyone. This Canberra event is planned from last year and we have 20 spots for CCG, 5 for MR2 10 for Corolla etc.so we cant just have everyone turn up at the gate to show their cars. Jeremy Marsh has been running this event by himself for Phil and I and has a list of attendees that have been invited after our initial call went out to all CCG members a few months ago.

If you want to join in, email Jeremy and he should be able to slot you in at this stage.
    Cheers
    Mitch
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53