Thread: Fitting an adjustable whiteline swaybar to an RA28

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

Default Fitting an adjustable whiteline swaybar to an RA28

Hi all,

I'm in the process of overhauling the front suspension and steering of my RA28 and am up to putting it all back together again. I've chucked the control arms back in and bolted the radius rods back on.

Anyway I thought I'd bolt the sway bar up tonight but have come into a few problems. The swaybar itself fits all fine in the D brackets and lines up fine. The problem came when I went to bolt the L brackets that whiteline gave me to the control arm. The bracket overlaps on radius rod where it bolts on by about 2 - 3mm. I know that I can cut this down but when I buy something like a swaybar I expect it just to bolt up.

Oh yeah and theres also 4 hex bolts in the package that I can't work out what to do with. They don't fit up through the D brackets that bolt to the chassis. I'm convinced that the're there to just annoy me and waste my time working out what they are

Anyway would appreciate anyone elses experience with this.

Thanks

stidnam

Kamber King Conversion King Negative Boost's Avatar

Default Re: Fitting an adjustable whiteline swaybar to an RA28

I had a similiar problem on my car. Can you turn the L brackets around to face the other way on the LCA's? And then put the endlinks on the inside of the swaybar.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

afraid not....the bolt that connects the bracket to the control arm is right in the centre so it still fouls if you turn it around.

Traditionalist Domestic Engineer parrot's Avatar

email this guy

[email protected]

I got pathetic illegible instructions with one of my AE86 whiteline adjustable bars and no instructions with the other. Rang whiteline and this guy fixed up some fantastic instructions with photos and emailed them within a day.