Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: classic celica appreciation day whos attending?

IWRNDU Automotive Encyclopaedia DQIKST's Avatar

Default Re: classic celica appreciation day whos attending?

well cee jay,

after the flyer was printed off i realised there was no rsvp number to call but i have come up with this,

every one will meet up at thornleigh or the twin servos,

i can count heads and ring steve to tell him the numbers so we know how much meat to buy

flyer was made by HULK on the forums, after he saw the shit attempt by me he offered to make one with his skills so a big thanks and kudos goes to him
    ThE wOrLd GoEs RoUnD n RoUnD nOt Up N dOwN
    Daily 76' celica 1GGTE 1125kgs 13.7@ 91mph
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

whats the gee-ooo with every one having chicks in there avatars
    1980RIP NATHAN BRETT DEAN2007,

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

1000 FLYERS? i wouldnt think there would be 1000 celicas left in syd, hahaha

sounds good dude!, good idea!

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

havent been here for a while, thats a top effort ibz, and the hulk well done on the flyers, ill be printing some off tomorrow, too hand out, will put my phone number on the ones i hand out in case anyone from newy dosent want to go to the twin servos, they can meet up with us at the bbq, or if they have any questions, will also be going out this week too find a final destination for us, going to give up on going to the foreshore as its so hectic in there with the boat and all

also if anyone has any suggestions for something they would like us to do on the day feel free make them, some suggestions were a game of tug o war between the different celica guys, another is a game of footy, or we can just sit around and talk shit, i dont really care wat we do too be honest i just want too see as many celicas here as possible

so tell us wat you want to do for the day, if anything, and we will see if we can arange it, there looks like theres going to be a fair few people here, its your day so tell us wat you want to do for the day, it should be a good day guys, i cant wait, will be stoked if we can get 20 odd celicas here for the day
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Quote Originally Posted by IN 05 NT
    1000 FLYERS? i wouldnt think there would be 1000 celicas left in syd, hahaha

sounds good dude!, good idea!
    appreciation man, so all those cressy drivers can come out and appreciated,

but the way i saw it was different, i saw it as a cruise where any one and every one can comeout and enjoy these cars, but other people only want celicas
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

yep for sure ibz, anyone and everyone is welcome, to come out for the cruise, corrollas, cressidas, supras what ever, but the main aim is to get as many old school celicas here as possible, too get some good photos of everones cars, but i must addmitt my main aim of trying to organise such a thing was for everyone too meet each other, my car has mainly been off the raod for the last 3 too 4 years, so i havent been to a great deal of events, i used to attend quite a few, there just seems to be more and more celica owners on here now, so the main aim was for everyone to meet and get too know each other and appreciate everyones pride and joy, THE OLD SCHOOL CELICA
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

guys... just gotta say, nice job on the flyer!

lookin forward to the day out... not too much longer now
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

1941cc 2T-G Domestic Engineer w810sc's Avatar

I may sound like a retard when i mention this, but, i play this game when im working on the celica.
    I try to memorise what size, how many, type, orientation off, screw driver/socket used, torque setting, screw, bolt, nut and washer is used/goes where on what part of the car, eg: On a standard 18R-G, what is used to secure the cam cover on the head? what size, how many and where are they situated.
    Just a suggestion, have a "how well do you know your celica" game. This could test your knowledge on how much of a hard core celica fan you really are. The topics coverd are endless as you know from restoration questions to conversions. You could divide the teams in chassis code or model year. So get your 'Celica' thinking caps on fellas...
    ...awaits bagging...
    deepdishfactory
    2T-G - Half the valves but twice the fun.

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Well I've sorta just joined this thread,

I will be attending, I am coming in a little late and to be honest the main reason I will be attending and giving the wagon (its older than the celicas) a run is because its the day after this months offical cruise, and I will be in Sydney.

I too like the comments on the first page of this thread, want to know why ppl aren't attending events. It makes it hard for me when I drive 3 hours to be in Sydney to run an event and ppl won't drive 40mn to cross Sydney.

However on a good note. Well done Steve nad Ibz I hope you get a great turn out, I had just joined Toymods when the first Mega Cruise was on and it was awsoming seeing 12 old skool silly cars in a photo together. Ican't what to see the chrome and bling on this one.

I will have the camera and to everyone that attends expect a high number of good shots like I normally take.

I hope there is large park at the end steve where we can get every car into a shot.

Sorry for the little bit of negative attitude not in a great mood atm

Stitt
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Junior Member Grease Monkey Hulk's Avatar

Glad you guys like the flyer. Wish I could come

the always broken 165 Carport Converter piggy's Avatar

hey guys i don't have a 1st gen but i have a 4th gen and i know afew mates that might be keen to catch up with you when you come to newie would that be cool
    1974 TA22 Celica the new project
    2002 UZS171 Crown daily
    st165 white forged gen2 3sgte 264deg cams, 1000cc injectors, side facing plenum, GT30, CBR600 COP, 205 gbox, diff and calipers, haltech ecu,coilovers, 3'' exhaust, water meth injection 235AWKW @ 22psi 12.29@117MPH 1.885 60'

i think people have got this a little wrong, the main focus of the day is to appreciate these cars !

so thats why we need so many of them so the people with out a classic can appreciate them

Thanks for the kind words stitt, on the 1st page the only people that came to mind were you and craig, its sad really sad mate,

HULK your a ledgend

cyaz

Quote Originally Posted by DQIKST
    i think people have got this a little wrong, the main focus of the day is to appreciate these cars !

so thats why we need so many of them so the people with out a classic can appreciate them

Thanks for the kind words stitt, on the 1st page the only people that came to mind were you and craig, its sad really sad mate,

HULK your a ledgend

cyaz

cool mate what time you planing on getting into newie?

here my mobile number
    0417896129 cheers chris
    2002 UZS171 Crown daily
    st165 white forged gen2 3sgte 264deg cams, 1000cc injectors, side facing plenum, GT30, CBR600 COP, 205 gbox, diff and calipers, haltech ecu,coilovers, 3'' exhaust, water meth injection 235AWKW @ 22psi 12.29@117MPH 1.885 60'

newie meet up at twin servos, or speak to HYPO23 a.k.a steve, im only looking after the sydney side of things till we get to the twin servos, ( hopfully )

well do ill get my mates to come along
    2002 UZS171 Crown daily

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

totally agree IBZ thats why we have the crown picinic to appreciate Crowns.

I love the early Celicas, even though I have a classisc. I'm looking fwd to seeing all the Celicas come out

Thats why you have a day like this, to get tuff photos like that.
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw