Thread: Request Need Help

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Request Need Help

Hello fellas my name is Donny im from Street Forced
    t the moment we are looking to get a wide range of vehicle specific technical articles on our website, we are going around to alot of forums at the moment asking for help from people whom are familiar with there specifics.
    so if there are any members here who are or can tell me who are good with there toyotas and could really help out on the site that would be great
    thank you in advance
    all emails to [email protected]

thanks people enjoy your day
    WWW.STREETFORCED.COM

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Default Re: Request Need Help

What models are you interested in??

What types of cars are you interested in??

Are you after modern imports, classics, retrotech, shitboxes wif massif yo cannon zorst n schubwoofas maaaaate, hot hatches, track cars etc.

Also, what benefit to the Toyota community will your website/forum give that Toymods doesnt already give?? I havent found a better technical forum for the Classic Celicas that I love, and Im subscribed to about 5 different Classic Celica forums. Could you just put a link in your forums to Toymods for those wanting further technical articles which are Toyota specific??

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Pretty much Toyota in general, myself and a few other guys have the Nissan side of things covered so we where just wanting some general Toyota how tos and FAQs things like that

as for what we can do that toy-mods doesn't its not so much that we are trying to take over and we can most definitely have links to toy-mods, its we are trying to make our site attract a wide variety of car enthusiasts and not just the biased opinions of a specific genre
    we also have big monthly give aways both prizes and cash vouchers so its fun to pop in and participate in the forum activities with cruises and events held on a regular basis

it is only new and hasn't taken off to far and still haven't advertised so its a little dead at the moment but it will take off when we go further with it, but we really wanted to get the technical side of things covered as some sort of a car enthusiast archive for info
    WWW.STREETFORCED.COM

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

fark dude, have a search of the site
    there are about a billion how to's, and specs on anything from diff sizes for spoontahs to LCA lengths for supras
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Like Draven said, theres a billion tech threads here. Unfortunately for you, some of us get sick of saying the same thing over. I for one have covered cam timing on NA motors at least 3 times on here, and maybe once on the old forums (another excellent wealth of knowledge), and dont really want to explain it again.

The problem for you mate, isnt that any of us are being snooty or anything, its just that its all covered here, and you would just be duplicating whats already been said. I think that if you went through this site, got most of the how to's etc, remove the jibber jabber that we love, and get the core technical points out, post them on your site, and make note that the information was gathered here, then nobody would have a problem. Of course you would have to put any proposal to that effect to the board and ask permission, but it shouldnt be a worry as these forums are a free technical collaboration.

Not trying to deter you, but apart from the cruises giveaways you offer (which wont really come into effect till you get settled), your not offering things that Toymods doesnt already offer, you are just duplicating the information, which is poor engineering. I like where you are heading, but think that you need to find a different route.

Also, where would the cruises that you would plan be held?? Any possibilities for places like Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns?? I would go on a cruise with you if you planned one up here.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Like Draven said, theres a billion tech threads here. Unfortunately for you, some of us get sick of saying the same thing over. I for one have covered cam timing on NA motors at least 3 times on here, and maybe once on the old forums (another excellent wealth of knowledge), and dont really want to explain it again.

The problem for you mate, isnt that any of us are being snooty or anything, its just that its all covered here, and you would just be duplicating whats already been said. I think that if you went through this site, got most of the how to's etc, remove the jibber jabber that we love, and get the core technical points out, post them on your site, and make note that the information was gathered here, then nobody would have a problem. Of course you would have to put any proposal to that effect to the board and ask permission, but it shouldnt be a worry as these forums are a free technical collaboration.

Not trying to deter you, but apart from the cruises giveaways you offer (which wont really come into effect till you get settled), your not offering things that Toymods doesnt already offer, you are just duplicating the information, which is poor engineering. I like where you are heading, but think that you need to find a different route.

Also, where would the cruises that you would plan be held?? Any possibilities for places like Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns?? I would go on a cruise with you if you planned one up here.

Cheers, Owen

i hear ya i am one of the people who help out in the Nissan Silvia tech section and every day I'm answering the same damn questions, it gets so annoying.
    which is one reason i made my site in the first place to gather as many factual articles and how tos as i could so when people asked stupid questions i could link them straight to the site and that's that.
    but after some thought, i realised it might be more beneficial to actually spread my wings and become more of a general car enthusiast forum rather than a Nissan specific.
    i realise TOY MODS has plenty of articles and how to's, but that's why i wanted some help from the Toyota side of things, i needed someone to gather all this information and post it on my archives. Its hard work setting up a forum from scratch as well as working 45 hours full time as a mechanical engineer and running your own business as an engine/gearbox/diff builder, i need as much help as i can right now to try and set the site up well so it can in fact run its self.
    ill try to contact the board and get permission first of course and i would have reference to this site with a link on where i got the information from in the first place. And in no way am i trying to steal members away or duplicate your site or anything like that
    i wanted to make my own car club/forum as a general enthusiast club, but also wanted to offer technical support. rather than everyone searching around trying to find there answers on 20 different forums every day the bulk of it will be bundled on my site, which myself and a few others have all agreed that its a great idea.
    as for the cruises in qld i have a friend near surfers who is controlling the states events so once we get a few more members and everything is rolling well he will be the man to see for that.
    any more questions don't hesitate to send me an email or even drop by the site
    www.streetforced.com
    thanks once again
    WWW.STREETFORCED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by STREET 4ST
    as for the cruises in qld i have a friend near surfers who is controlling the states events so once we get a few more members and everything is rolling well he will be the man to see for that.
    Ill pass on heading to Surfers (or anywhere near it) for a cruise, a 1400km drive there and another one back just dont make for fun events. If others want to cruise up to Mackay, im sure you will be more than welcomed though.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen