Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - How To Get Access To Post For Sale

Default Help - How To Get Access To Post For Sale

Hello,

Could one of the moderators please allow me to post a for sale add in the classifieds section. I have a few hundred posts on the old forums.

Thank you.

Danish.

i wrote the Automotive Encyclopaedia roadsailing's Avatar

Default Re: Help - How To Get Access To Post For Sale

doesn't work like that, read the FAQ

http://www.toymods.net/forums/faq.ph...hy_cant_i_post
    did you read the faq?
    post on the old forum are just that old.

Grrrr, same forum, just lost a good reputation and hundreds of posts to my name.

"2. make a valuable contribution so your reputation goes up" - I fulfill this requirement.

its not the same forum, if you read the FAQ you would know that.

no offence, but if you were making a valuable contribution, then your rep WOULD have gone up. its up to other users to increase your rep, so read the FAQ.

in closing, read the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by shinybluesteel
    its not the same forum, if you read the FAQ you would know that.

no offence, but if you were making a valuable contribution, then your rep WOULD have gone up. its up to other users to increase your rep, so read the FAQ.

in closing, read the FAQ.
    I read it. With much offence taken, i had made a valuable contribution on the Toymods.org forums. I had posted many valuable responses to questions. It seems now all the time i spend on the forums was wasted.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.p...2f5a60ee72d5b9

you don't seem to understand, this is "toymods.net", the other one was "toymods.org.au" they are not the same forum.

you get rep for posts you have made on this forum, there is no carryover rep from the old one, as there was no rep system on that forum. (unless you mean that you attained the title of forums junkie, which has no bearing on contribution at all)

if you want to look like it like you are, then yes, all of your effort was wasted.

i prefer to look at it as a chance to start over, every other person here is in exactly the same situation as you are. its up to you to get over it or not get over it.

It's the same car club isn't it?

All i wanted to do was sell my injectors! Not much to ask.

My reputation just went from 7 to 6.

This system is flawed.

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

This is a new forum with a clean start for everything and everybody.

This forum will revert to the ".org.au" address once we have moved the old forum info to another location.

You say you made a valuable contribution on the old forum? The status's displayed on the old forum were simply a post count. You could've been a post whore in the classified section to obtain that (not saying you were, just an example)
    We had a lot of issues with new people joining up to the old forum to simply use it as a free trading post. We don't want that with the new forum, hence the reason you need to build up your rep first.

Also, how do we know that you're the same person? The signup for the last forum was automated & not moderated.

Without looking up your posting history on this forum, the fact that you've got a rep of 6 when you start out with 10 is also not a good sign.

In short, your request is denied. There are a lot bigger issues that we, as the Toymod's board, have had to deal with, with creating this new forum.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonist
    This is a new forum with a clean start for everything and everybody.
    You say you made a valuable contribution on the old forum? The status's displayed on the old forum were simply a post count.

Also, how do we know that you're the same person?

Without looking up your posting history on this forum, the fact that you've got a rep of 6 when you start out with 10 is also not a good sign.

In short, your request is denied. There are a lot bigger issues that we, as the Toymod's board, have had to deal with, with creating this new forum.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have the same details, and if you email me you will get the same person!

Going from 10 to 6 is due to the above posters, thanks a lot guys. That helps me a lot. Your uppence will come.

Whats stopping people from giving everyone that posts a bad reputation? This is not a good system.

I'd say people are doing that because you're trying to short cut the system.
    It seems to have backfired in your case, but form the moderators point of view, it means the forum members actually can have a say in how other people are received.
    Bad posters get bad rep, & vice versa.
    You've only lost 4 points, if you did contribute valuably to the last forum, it shouldn't take that much effort to get back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danish
    Your uppence will come.

Whats stopping people from giving everyone that posts a bad reputation? This is not a good system.
    most people use the rep system responsible and not do it ona tit for tat basis.
    they normally give a reason as to why the rep was given.

nark or other admin is it possible to follow up the rep given by someone in relation to this thread?? ive got a neutral rep from this thread left with no reason, im guessing it is someone being immature
    Last edited by WiLo; 29-01-2006 at 06:17 PM. Reason: removed accusations

Quote Originally Posted by WiLo
    most people use the rep system responsible and not do it ona tit for tat basis.
    they normally give a reason as to why the rep was given.

unlike yourself that has obviously gone and given everyone who has replied with read the faq a neg rep(which only counts as a neutral anyway.

nark or other admin is it possible to follow up the rep given by danish? ive got a neutral rep from this thread left with no reason, im guessing it is danish being immature
    WiLo, be careful of making accusations when you don't know exactly where they're coming from.

Danish, if you are giving negative rep to the people you think gave you -ve rep for this thread, then you are treading on thin ice. We can look it up & the board does not look lightly on the misuse of the rep system (though at your current rep status, it counts for nothing anyway)