Thread: SDMA Hillclimb Sun 20th May

Wannabe Racer Grease Monkey Toddski's Avatar

Default SDMA Hillclimb Sun 20th May

Hi All,

The SDMA Hillclimb is on again this Sunday. A two lap event this time - should be a blast. I'll be there again in the Twin Cam.

Spectators are most welcome - costs nothing but your time.

Cheers,
    Todd

Wannabe Racer Grease Monkey Toddski's Avatar

Default Re: SDMA Hillclimb Sun 20th May

Didn't break it - always a good thing.

A mate of mine (Paul) also had a run in the Rolla - his first time out. He didn't do too bad at all, times improved every run so heading in the right direction - and he got 3rd in class for his first outing - not bad. Though if he hadn't beat the FSM Niki I would have made him hand in his licence (no reflection on the FSMs driver - he's bloody good and he wins motorkhanas in this car and holds a record out at the SDMA track set in his old Fiat 124 BC - but it struggled on the hill).

I did OK, hard to compare times as a 2 lap event is fairly different (you need to exit the last corner differently to have a hope of getting back through the esses) and the bitumen was as cold as anything (grip - what grip) but I had a lot of fun and was much happier about some of my lines.

Some photos of the day - not many as I was too busy chatting as my father and son were there in the morning to watch - and after they left was too busy discussing potential hillclimb cars with Paul.

Cheers,
    Todd