Thread: KE70 Wiring Diagram

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default KE70 Wiring Diagram

after doing a search i couldnt find anything related to this so i was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram or if they have book on it, then could you take a photo? i really need it for next week when i start wiring in my computer.

thanks
    pete

That dude with the AE95's Backyard Mechanic Kebin's Avatar

Default Re: KE70 Wiring Diagram

cheers man. quick response appreciated

hey man ive just been looking at it and its pretty hard to see some of the details. if you took the picture yourself i was wondering if you could take it again but with high mega pixel, or zoom in. i mainly need just the first page you gave me with the table and the first part of the diagram because i need to see the alternator, ive left all the headlights and everything still connected, just need to integrate the alternator in with the computer. so if you could do that, that would be great. cheers

pete

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

KE70 is easier to just spend 5 minutes with a mulletmeter - there's so few wires to actually worry about.

My Missus is a Domestic Engineer BradW's Avatar

PM me your email and I'll send you the uncompressed versions.
    Brad

Old Corollas never die...

My KE30
    Updated 15/7/2007............ yes, I need to pull my finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW
    PM me your email and I'll send you the uncompressed versions.
    Yeah Brad is 'the' man for these daigrams

Quote Originally Posted by mrshin
    KE70 is easier to just spend 5 minutes with a mulletmeter - there's so few wires to actually worry about.
    nah not in this case mate, i dont have much to work with. i got an SR in that i need to wire up and i have no battery at the moment either. it will be much easier if i have wiring diagram so i can splice into it.

cheers for the info about 'brad' being the man for wiring diagrams, only new to these forums so its good to know these kinds of things.

cheers guys
    pete

ke70's are and all older corolla's are easy to wire up. there are usually the two main connectors which are in both kick panel areas. If you had the original 4k motor in it it previousily then all you would have to do is remove the engine harness labelling each wire as you remove it from each component then take the loom out (unplug it from kick panel areas) then strip the harness of its insulation then go from there.
    You will probally have to holesaw a hole some where in the firewall to fit the sr loom thru to hide fit the ecu under the dash etc. (remember to use good rubber grommets!)
    Then wire up your sr harness to the trimmed original ke70 engine looms which you shortened under the dash. Pretty simple really its just adding the sr20 electronics into the equation which can be time consuming and/or confusing.
    I like these sorta jobs they funnn

Quote Originally Posted by Kebin
    ke70's are and all older corolla's are easy to wire up. there are usually the two main connectors which are in both kick panel areas. If you had the original 4k motor in it it previousily then all you would have to do is remove the engine harness labelling each wire as you remove it from each component then take the loom out (unplug it from kick panel areas) then strip the harness of its insulation then go from there.
    You will probally have to holesaw a hole some where in the firewall to fit the sr loom thru to hide fit the ecu under the dash etc. (remember to use good rubber grommets!)
    Then wire up your sr harness to the trimmed original ke70 engine looms which you shortened under the dash. Pretty simple really its just adding the sr20 electronics into the equation which can be time consuming and/or confusing.
    I like these sorta jobs they funnn

yeh im not a fan of electronics. unfortunately when i first got the car i didnt think ahead when i ripped out the 4k so im not sure where abouts. the standard loom comes through the passenger side kickpanel, i dont need to drill a hole through the firewall as my ke70 didnt come with airconditioning so im using the hole thats already there. so i only need to know which wires for the alternator on that wiring diagram once i get that i should be able to good move on. im sure the electronic enthusiasts wouldnt need it but thats not my area.

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

SV21 Camry is your friend for firewall grommets. With these sorts of jobs it pays to get friendly with someone who knows about wires, if you're not too strong with them yourself. The KE70 engine loom contains things like oil light, starter, temp gauge and a couple of other wires - no dramas there. Use the old coil + wire to trigger your relays for EFI etc. power, and do a quick search on here for the alternator, it's been written before.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshin
    SV21 Camry is your friend for firewall grommets. With these sorts of jobs it pays to get friendly with someone who knows about wires, if you're not too strong with them yourself. The KE70 engine loom contains things like oil light, starter, temp gauge and a couple of other wires - no dramas there. Use the old coil + wire to trigger your relays for EFI etc. power, and do a quick search on here for the alternator, it's been written before.
    cheers for the info, only other place i know of to get grommets is clark rubber and they dont have all the sizes either but they do have quiet a few. yeh i have a mate coming round next weekend he is gonna help me do it all. hopefully after we get the wiring done ill start doing more of it myself. ive studied the haltech wiring diagram and stuff like that doesnt look hard, but i just want someone else that knows what there doing to make sure i dont stuff up.

My Missus is a Domestic Engineer BradW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pdawg
    cheers for the info about 'brad' being the man for wiring diagrams, only new to these forums so its good to know these kinds of things.
    I don't know if I'm "the man for wiring diagrams" . I have a few up on my website though.

I have sent the email through. If there's any dramas with it, let me know.
    Brad

Old Corollas never die...

My KE30
    Updated 15/7/2007............ yes, I need to pull my finger out.

heh kids. i've done sr20det into ke70.. and i'm in adelaide..
    hook me a pm for info.. believe it or not . its 3 wires. that need "fixing" and thats bout it..
    Cheers Shannon

yer just sent you a pm. i've done it.
    cheers shannon