Page 114 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 5875

Thread: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Default Re: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

Ebay?? If you run a surge tank and plumb the return from the fuel rail back to the surge tank, then you don't need a really big lift pump. Lift pump feeds surge tank, outlet on bottom of ST feeds 044, feeds fuel rail, returns to ST, ST overflows to tank. QED.
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

oh what a feeling! Grease Monkey LTJET's Avatar

Cool. I think ill just punch a hole near the bottom of the tank. It'll be easier and alot cheaper. Thanks for the info o_man.

Finally going to be putting the EFI stuff i grabbed off you a while ago.

a while ago as in several years ago from the old forums?? Holy shit, take ya time why don't ya??
    Cheers, Owen
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Yep thats the one! I think it was about 3 years ago now. I bought the 18RG from people100 had for sale but he stuffed me around and took my money and then sold the engine again to someone else. I'm currently still recouping that money back slowly.

I've only just recently bought an 18RGEU that i had rebuilt so im finally going to be able to use the stuff.

It's been in the box you sent it to me with!

Edit: Good things come to those who wait? Patience is a virtue?
    I've been researching and studying. Looking into different options and saving money to complete everything in 1 hit.

In the next few months i'll start putting pics up of the build process that has been happening over the last 7 years. After the engine is in and running fine.
    Last edited by LTJET; 12-06-2008 at 10:36 PM.

now with 7m powaz Automotive Encyclopaedia hosking1991's Avatar

hey guys will a std 18rg exh manifold bolt up to my existing exhaust (std 18r exhaust)

I don't want to be a Domestic Engineer bnicho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hosking1991
    hey guys will a std 18rg exh manifold bolt up to my existing exhaust (std 18r exhaust)
    If it's an 18RGU, nup. 18RGU has a large single outlet, 18R has two small outlets and a different bolt pattern completely.
    Brett Nicholson (bnicho) - Greendale, Victoria
    I own Corollas, Crowns, Prados and
    Various leaking British things...

cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by bnicho
    18RGU has a large single outlet, 18R has two small outlets
    i have two front section exhausts for the 18r and one has a large single out let and the other has the two small outlets and i have the manifold(18r) to match somewhere

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bnicho
    If it's an 18RGU, nup. 18RGU has a large single outlet, 18R has two small outlets and a different bolt pattern completely.
    My 18RGU has two outlets.
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

If you have the exhaust and manifold handy... why don't you try to bolt them up?? That's a 100% surefire way to find out if they fit or not isn't it
    Cheers, Owen

I don't want to be a Domestic Engineer bnicho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7M-GTE MX73
    My 18RGU has two outlets.
    Okay there must be more than one 18RGU manfold then. I stand corrected!

Cheers,
    Brett Nicholson (bnicho) - Greendale, Victoria
    I own Corollas, Crowns, Prados and
    Various leaking British things...

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia roadkill's Avatar

Hi,

from memory the efi manifold is different to the rest. There may be more differences in other models. IIRC the efi is two holes.

bEn
    FJ40 landcruiser
    HJ47 landcruiser
    FJ55 Landcruiser
    MS65 Crown

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    If you have the exhaust and manifold handy... why don't you try to bolt them up?? That's a 100% surefire way to find out if they fit or not isn't it
    thats the problem i dont have an factory exhaust manifold just aftermarket extractors but i have put up a thread in the parts wanted section

yeah the 18RGEU has a different manifold. I've got some stuff that i need to sell off which include the extractors i just bought. I got them to fit with little persuasion but they dont clear the steering as far as i can tell and they come close to the casing of the gearbox.

I've yet to test the exhaust manifold i have in my boot so i might have both for sale the extractors and the std manifold as well as an 18RG exhaust manifold flange. Not sure on prices just yet.

Is someone able to measure the thermostat housing bolts that hold it to the block for me at all??
    I need the length and width as well as the head size - eg. size 12 or 14 head?

I've got mine somewhere but i fear they are lost in the black hole with alot of other bolts. I've been buying new bolts for everything lately anyway.

Also does anyone know what the switches on the EFI thermostat housing are? I've bought the water temp switch but theres another one next to it that was broken so i need to know what it is. There are 4 on the housing itself and 2 are plugs and the other 1 is a single pin connector but not sure what the broken one is for.... oil pressure maybe?

Thanks in advance!