Page 111 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 5875

Thread: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

As dodgy as a Backyard Mechanic GT1978's Avatar

Default Re: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

Wasn't someone making reproductions of the wire holders at some stage? Think it might have been one of the folks doing urethane badges.

Glen
    RA28 (18RG)Members Ride
    RA40 (3TGTE)
    RA40 (18RC)
    SXA11R Rav4 Cruiser
    ACA33R Rav4 Cruiser

I'm no Domestic Engineer Steve M's Avatar

For my lead holder I just got an offcut of polyurethane and cut and drilled a holder out of it.
    Haven't had any issues with in and it is soft (70a), so it won't cut into the leads.
    Strong like horse, smort like tractor!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Does anyone know the fuel pump flow rate specifications for a factory 18RGUE motor?
    Cheers
    FT86 - still under warranty - cant modify it
    2 RA28's, 18RGEU - dead - went bang, 1JZGTE
    1 RA35GT 18RGEU,
    1 AE86 4AGEU
    1 RA65 2JZGTE

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Stuff all?? Seriously, just get a half decent pump from a more modern car that fits in the same slot and flows better. The pressure regulator determines how much fuel goes into the engine (so long as the pump can meet the minimum flow rate). Also, with a bigger pump, it will still work when you stick a hair dryer off the side of it
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Yeah that's what i thought too. Have upgraded to an in tank pump to get rid of the surge tank set up, but the new pump isn't putting out enough pressure to run the engine. So i am thinking i will buy another, more powerful pump. Just can't decide how much more flow i need?
    What are other people running?
    1 RA35GT 18RGEU,
    1 AE86 4AGEU
    1 RA65 2JZGTE

Are you sure the size of the pump is the problem??
    Cheers, Owen
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Fairly certain it's the problem... Either that or i have been sold a dodgy pump.
    Enough flow to fire, but not to run the car...
    1 RA35GT 18RGEU,
    1 AE86 4AGEU
    1 RA65 2JZGTE

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gunna's Avatar

Hey guys,

Just wondering on what electric fuel pump you guys recomend? Part number and price would be good if you know it...

Cheers, Craig...

Swan - check your pressure regulator. Squeeze the return line a bit (with a brake line locker probably) and see if that helps things.

Gunna, what motor?? Carb or EFI?? Pierburg do a good pump for about $150 if you have Carby.
    Cheers, Owen

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gunna's Avatar

Sorry should have put more info.

18RG with 45mm Webers mate...

Ill have to look up Pierburg.

http://www.injectorsonline.com/indivprod.php?c=7

About halfway down, there is a pierburg for $105, more flow than you can ever need!! (don't worry, it won't damage your system) justI think it's an internal, and you will need to do some light mods to your fuel tank lid.
    Cheers, Owen

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Have you checked the float levels on the carbs?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Swan - check your pressure regulator. Squeeze the return line a bit (with a brake line locker probably) and see if that helps things.
    Yeah already done that, no good... the inlet is still not sustaining enough pressure. Besides i could already rule that one out... it ran just before the conversion from surge tank set up to in tank pump.
    Were you recommending the pierburg to me? caus i don't think i'm after a lifter pump.. i need a in tank supply pump.
    1 RA35GT 18RGEU,
    1 AE86 4AGEU
    1 RA65 2JZGTE

sorry, double post
    Last edited by swan86; 20-05-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: double post
    1 RA35GT 18RGEU,
    1 AE86 4AGEU
    1 RA65 2JZGTE

Pierburg also have intank pressure pumps. I was recommending the lift pump mentioned to Gunna. I would suggest looking at the Pierburg over the bosch, or holley pumps, I have heard lots of good stuff about them from rally people. They also seem quite competitive in pricing, and are either made in Germany or USA (depends which model/batch you get, my Pierburg has a USA made pump with German made rubber cover)

Again, it also depends on your mount etc, don't want to have to make that twice??

I take it you used a secondhand pump, did you check the filter etc for it first?? If these are clogged, it won't work well. Same as the inlet must be clear of all obstacles, and not jammed against the wall of the tank or the bottom. If the feed to the pump is partly blocked, the best pump in the world won't give you enough pressure.
    Cheers, Owen