Thread: Cash for CONVERSION MELBOURNE or close by!!

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Cash for CONVERSION MELBOURNE or close by!!

Ok people.

Im putting it out there to you!

I want to put a 1GGTE (twin turbo) engine and box into a hilux space cab say 91-97 older shape that came with a 22r 2.4.
    I dont have the time nor the know how to do the conversion.

So if there is anyone here in Melbourne or relatively close who could help do the conversion I would love to hear from you.
    Obviously I could goto a bigger shop here in Melbourne but I dont wana pay the ridiculous pricing to do the converison.

If you would like to make some money and can help then step forward OR if you know anyone who may be able to help then let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Mgfe

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

Default Re: Cash for CONVERSION MELBOURNE or close by!!

It all comes down to how much you're willing to spend...

Junior Member Grease Monkey Mr Multivalve's Avatar

You would probably get someone to help you if you could give them an indication of how much $$$ you could give them. Considering the fact that the labour cost for doing a conversion at a shop would be around $1000 minimum.
    If you offered to pay someone to help you, you would have to keep to your end of the bargain.

But good luck to you.
    Corona Creed:
    Good to Drink, Great to Drive, keep them separate to stay Alive!

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

You'd quite readily spend more than that in labour to get a shop to do it...

The Bling Garage Mechanic Automotive Encyclopaedia Wildsupra's Avatar

yeah i couldnt a shop doing it for anywhere near that.....
    i'd expect 1K is already close to the mates rates price your trying to achieve.

Matty

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

This bloke is a young lad working from his own shed, and in Warrnambool, is very good and reasonably priced. Just finished a rb26 into a 300zx, so knows his shit. Drop him a line and tell him Andrew at Ryans sent you.

[email protected]

BBP racing 3rzfe+T Carport Converter BeRad's Avatar

The fact is if you dont have the know how, nor the time, it going to cost $$$ in maintance and on going work etc etc, performance/modifying cars is not for everyone.. not meaning it to be rude, but if i couldnt do most of the work my self id be driving a granny spec something becuase modifying and maintaining a modified car is quiet expensive, as im sure you know, im sure alot of people on these forums are in the same boat..

Im sure a few people on here would be more than happy to help you but the timeline for this to happen is going to be longer than most shops, as they work , have their own cars etc etc. as im sure you realsie also, im just having one of those "mr maturity nights "

I didnt write it to give you shit just telling it how it is...

So have a cup of concrete and harden up and give it a go

edit : rephrased
    Last edited by BeRad; 29-04-2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Only the shittiest of wines come in 5 litres

boosted 3rz hilux *new project* mwahaha
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...940#post134940

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeRad
    if i couldnt do most of the work my self id be driving a granny spec something becuase modifying and maintaining a modified car is quiet expensive,
    Agree 100%. Engine conversions and other major modifications make no sense if you're not doing it yourself - it ends up costing a huge amount and you look back and think damn, I could have just bought a newer and better car for the money I spent. My advice: do it yourself or don't do it at all. After all, where's the satisfaction if some other bloke built it for you? Get your hands dirty, it's a great feeling and you learn a lot!

Ok people

Ill tell you how it is.

Im not some whipper snapper straight out of the blocks. Im setting up a second car as my work play car. I already drive a modified sedan that I have been doing up slowly over the years that i will be keeping!!

I know what needs to be done but I have not the time facilities space etc. I would therefore much rather pay someone from here to do it (this is the bueaty of these forums) rather than go to a big garage that wants to sting me hard. Im not trying to be a tight arse but I relly think its a win win situation.

Mate I like the cup of concrete line but ima roof plumber and we eat led at smoko!!

People like me could generate some gr8 business for the guys who want to service us out there!!!

Gforce6 has the concept I was looking at above post!!

Wouldnt a data base of all the guys who wanna do this thing be great for this site??

Cheers for you replies!!!

The fact is if you dont have the know how, nor the time, it going to cost $$$ in maintance and on going work etc etc, performance/modifying cars is not for everyone.. not meaning it to be rude, but if i couldnt do most of the work my self id be driving a granny spec something becuase modifying and maintaining a modified car is quiet expensive, as im sure you know, im sure alot of people on these forums are in the same boat..

Im sure a few people on here would be more than happy to help you but the timeline for this to happen is going to be longer than most shops, as they work , have their own cars etc etc. as im sure you realsie also, im just having one of those "mr maturity nights "

I didnt write it to give you shit just telling it how it is...

So have a cup of concrete and harden up and give it a go

edit : rephrased

BBP racing 3rzfe+T Carport Converter BeRad's Avatar

like i said i wasnt burning you down, just stating how i see it , you have yours and fair enough.. its whatever your happy with at the end of the day.....

the database is the phone book and performance shops and forum sponsors..

a garage stinging you hard is someone getting by, overheads , wages , parts , consumables....

most people are like you flat stick with work trying to get ahead, take it to someone whos trying to get ahead in the automotive industry, my opinion... i wont stir the pot any more

good luck
    i never called you a whipper snapper
    Last edited by BeRad; 29-04-2007 at 08:43 PM.
    Only the shittiest of wines come in 5 litres

boosted 3rz hilux *new project* mwahaha
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...940#post134940

its ok man i know you wernt...

And I appreciate your comments!!

Good discussion is gr8!!

like i said i wasnt burning you down, just stating how i see it , you have yours and fair enough.. its whatever your happy with at the end of the day.....

the database is the phone book and performance shops and forum sponsors..

a garage stinging you hard is someone getting by, overheads , wages , parts , consumables....

most people are like you flat stick with work trying to get ahead, take it to someone whos trying to get ahead in the automotive industry, my opinion... i wont stir the pot any more

good luck
    i never called you a whipper snapper

Graphic Designer Grease Monkey Petes77celica's Avatar

Yea i know that feeling when i started my 1JZ conversion into my RA-23 i asked a couple of places what they would charge and rough estimate they said about 3 grand not including labour but as i have access to people with the know how and tools to help when needed its allright but i agree you do learn alot i mean im a graphic designer and sit in front of a pc all week most of my work collegues dont know what oil is let anything else other then computers.
    Pete