Thread: Wolf3d V4 base map

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Wolf3d V4 base map

Hey all,

I will hopefully be getting my car up and running very shortly and am putting the question out there, does anyone have a base map for a Wolf3d V4 for a 7MGTE?? This would save me alot of trouble in setting up a base map and then I can work from there...

I have emailed Wolfems but am still waiting on a reply back from them to see if they had one.....

Thanks to anyone that can help!!

Marc,

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: Wolf3d V4 base map

its much quicker to take yr ecu to them and get a tune put in it

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic celicaboy_2000's Avatar

I might have a map from my old 7mgte but it will be on my other computer which is on a removelist truck down canberra. Might take me a week or 2 to check it out, ill do it ASAP

Chookhouse Chooning Automotive Encyclopaedia Hen's Avatar

Have you tried calling AEM, the guys who make Wolf. They can be very helpful at times.

Hen
    I need a working 4AGE bottom end. Pref smallport GZE, but all others considered. Also complete motors.
    Drift Volvo. Was fun. 2JZ next time.

Thanks Celicaboy if I havnt got my hands on one by then, that would be very handy..

Yeh I have emailed them but am just waiting for a reply back, so in the mean time thought I would put the question out there..

Thanks,

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic 1jzracing's Avatar

i have one on my 1ggte running multi coils from the pick-ups in the dizzy dinno if its similar trigger setup etc
    a fool remains undescovered untill he speaks!

Show Us Your Tints Carport Converter Soarer_D00D's Avatar

Steve from AEM in Vic should be able to help ya out with a base map.

I used an RB30ET base map on my 1JZ, and just sorted it out from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by eeeyan View Post
    yeah jump start a planet sort of torque

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic celicaboy_2000's Avatar

Bad news... I set up my PC but I must of deleted it. I got no idea why I did that as I even know how hard it is to get suitable base map. George from George May Racing a call/email, he did a little bit of tune work on my supra so he might beable to help.

As 1jzracing said what trigger setup are you using, depending on the map you get you might have to talk to Steve at Wolf to help modify the map for your setup.

If your using the std crank angle sensor I would be thinking hard about changing to a optical setup etc, I had alot of problems when using the std setup, trigger errors while cranking etc I modified my crank angle sensor using a rb20 optical sensor that was mounted on top of the std dizzy/crank angle sensor. It solved alot of my problems. Hope this has helped.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic 1jzracing's Avatar

i have quite a few wolf maps everything from single coil dizzy for a bmw, waste spark 1gg, waste spark 1jz and std 1jz multi-coil

if you tell me your trigger setup i might be able to put something together

what pickups has the 7m got??
    a fool remains undescovered untill he speaks!

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I thought it better than starting a new one.

Ok so it has finally come time (I hope) to kick the mighty 7M into all its roaring glory!

I have finished most of the Wolf3d wiring and have started testing a few things. I found I was having problems getting a signal from the cps (cam position sensor) were I was only getting a sync signal but not a ref this was fixed by pulling the cps apart and moving the ref pickup closer to the teeth as there was a good 1.5-2mm gap originally!

So now it has come time to putting all the trigger settings into the wolf and I must say I am a little lost and confused as to what needs to be entered in, so I was hoping someone would be able to help me out (ie 1jzracing) with one of there maps that may suit closely to the setup I have which goes as follows:

std coil packs (3 coil packs, wasted spark)
    Driver 1: cyl 1-6
    Driver 2: cyl 5-2
    Driver 3: cyl 3-4

Paired injectors
    Driver 1: 1-5
    Driver 2: 3-6
    Driver 3: 2-4

7MGTE CPS
    24 teeth Ref
    1 tooth Sync

If no one can help supply a map then these are the setting I need to enter

Trigger Sequencing
    Trigger Mode: Reference + Sync (that ones easy)
    Trigger Sequence Reset Count: (not sure?)
    Trigger Sync every 2 revolutions: On (it says it must be on when using a half speed measurement of engine revolutions ie camshaft)
    (I wont worry about the noise setting for now)
    Trigger 1 Dual Pulse Window: 3 (I am not sure about this setting but the suggested setting was 3.....)
    Mode 0+2+4 Trigger Ref/Sync Offset: (Now this is were things get confusing I have no idea what to put in here............) Set the desired REF event offset after a SYNC event.

When skipping unwanted REF triggers, for example when a 24 tooth REF is used but only 4 of the teeth are to generate a REF event for injection and ignition delivery, this offset is used to choose which tooth counted after the SYNC event is used for the beginning of delivery in this rotation.

Mode 0+2+4 Trigger Ref/Sync Skip: (Once again no idea what setting to put in here..)

Set how many input REF triggers to skip when generating genuine REF events for delivery.

When skipping unwanted REF triggers, for example when a 24 tooth REF is used but only 4 of the teeth are to generate a REF event for injection and ignition delivery, this offset is used to choose how many REF triggers are skipped and ignored before generating a genuine REF event for delivery.

eg. On a 24 tooth REF, 4 cylinder engine, only 4 of the triggers are to be used.
    The Skip would be set to 5 in this case so that 5 triggers are ignored, and every 6th trigger is used as a genuine REF event.

The few remaining from that screen or obvious or assumed to be unused..

Then there is the injector and ignition offsets etc that I am a little unsure of but will worry about these once I have the trigger side of things out of the way..

So I really hope someone out there can help answer at least a few of my question!

A Massive thanks to you all!!

Marc,

Chookhouse Chooning Automotive Encyclopaedia Hen's Avatar

I can email you my settings for a waste-spark, sequential injection, 4AGZE. Won't be perfect, but should give you an idea of what some of those settings mean.

Hen
    I need a working 4AGE bottom end. Pref smallport GZE, but all others considered. Also complete motors.
    Drift Volvo. Was fun. 2JZ next time.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Hen
    I can email you my settings for a waste-spark, sequential injection, 4AGZE. Won't be perfect, but should give you an idea of what some of those settings mean.

Hen
    What size injectors is your 4agze V4 Map for ?