Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #14 (I’ve lost count!) – Sunday 20th May 2007

I'll think of something.. Backyard Mechanic -NiCkeL-'s Avatar

Default Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #14 (I’ve lost count!) – Sunday 20th May 2007

Hey guys - here is another *proposed* plan for the next meet, there may be some addition or modifications in the near future, but get ready!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #14 (I’ve lost count!) – Sunday 20th May 2007.

Contact Details: Andrew 0413-889-068

Date: Sunday, 20th May 2007.

Meeting Location: Northland Shopping Centre Carpark (Off Murray Rd next to the Police Station), Preston – Melways Map 19, Reference B 12.

Time: 9.30am.

It’s time once again for another Classic Celica Club of Victoria cruise – this cruise route might sound familiar as it’s the one we took a few months ago on the highly successful meet of yesteryear! This will take place in about a months time, so that’s plenty of time for everyone to get their rides spick and span and ready for a spirited drive!

We’ll have maps available on the day for everyone like myself (direction illiterate) – there will be plenty of stopping points on the way so people are able to catch up or slow down or to meet up with the group half way.

We are planning on meeting at 9.30am and departing at 10.30am sharp! The location for departure is at Northland Shopping Centre Carpark in Preston, the carpark off Murray Road next to the police station there. We should have our large banner out so that people can find us easily. (Thanks Mr Crazy!)

Leaving from the Northland Shopping Centre at 10.30am, we are heading through Eltham and onto Kangaroo Ground. These are not built up areas, but are 60km zones in most areas – good scenery and it’ll give everyone a chance to cruise in formation!

From here we are heading to Yarra Glen via Christmas Hills. Continuing on we’ll cut through the edge of Healesville so we can reach some twisting corners through Toolangi to give the cruise a bit more spice! Onwards and upwards, we plan to have a stop at Yea where we will stopping for lunch and perhaps a re-fuel. There is plenty to eat in Yea with plenty of parking for us to sit and enjoy and take in the surroundings.

After we leave Yea we are heading through Flowerdale, Kinglake and St Andrews which is apparently an awesome road! From here we go through Arthurs Creek and Nufield. The cruise will finish in Diamond Creek where we can stop, chat and go our separate ways until next time!

The cruise will be about 210km in length, so make sure you bring a *full* tank of fuel and if you’ve got them, CB radios! Any questions, comments – discuss them here! Hope to see you all on the 20th of May!

There will be updates and discussion on the Classic Celica Club of Victoria forums. Any updates will be posted here also..
    Classic Celica Club of Victoria - http://cccvic.cjb.net

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au - The place to go for all things Classic Celica...

Mödërätör Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #14 (I’ve lost count!) – Sunday 20th May 200

I'm in!
    Simon.

1991 Toyota Cressida (JZX83).
    1967 Morris Mini Deluxe (1330cc A+).

Junior Member Domestic Engineer shelldrake's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #14 (I’ve lost count!) – Sunday 20th May 200

Me too. This will be a great run!
    Assumption is the mother of all f**kups...

advocate for the oldies Carport Converter ian's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #14 (I’ve lost count!) – Sunday 20th May 2007

me as well
    ian
    nostalgia is not what it used to be:

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #14 (I’ve lost count!) – Sunday 20th May 2007

Good work guys..

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au - The place to go for all things Classic Celica...

Mödërätör Automotive Encyclopaedia

Thanks to Eddie for posting for me and for altering my signature.

I just read the first post... this seems like a long trip. I'm not sure that the mini will make it on one tank of petrol. Minis only have a 25 litre tank and with the Weber mine is now quite a thirsty little girl. I hope we can stop on the way for fuel.
    Simon.

1991 Toyota Cressida (JZX83).
    1967 Morris Mini Deluxe (1330cc A+).

Lick my hairy Backyard Mechanic Turdinator's Avatar

I'm in. I also thought this was an awesome cruise last time Nickel

Must check how much brake pad life i have left before departing this time...

Is a Self Employed Grease Monkey wombat's Avatar

I'm in. Oh i guess that means I have to finish your car for this hey? hehe just kidding.
    I'm "borrowing" some heater hose from work today.
    also picking up the supra today as well. yay!!!

JoeyJoeJoeJuniorShabadoo Domestic Engineer joey's Avatar

Definentaly in.
    Mr Shabadoo.
    Joeys 1975 TA22 - the weird lookin' front one....
    Daily JZX100

New additions: RA23 Circuit racer. 180sx drift box. R32 GTR Daily. MS65 Crown cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    I'm in. Oh i guess that means I have to finish your car for this hey? hehe just kidding.
    I'm "borrowing" some heater hose from work today.
    also picking up the supra today as well. yay!!!
    I'll return the heater hose once i'm done with it..

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice KOOL22's Avatar

I'm in! Last time was ace!

Is a Self Employed Grease Monkey wombat's Avatar

borrow means take. hehe I borrow lots of things from work, they just never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    Thanks to Eddie for posting for me and for altering my signature.

I just read the first post... this seems like a long trip. I'm not sure that the mini will make it on one tank of petrol. Minis only have a 25 litre tank and with the Weber mine is now quite a thirsty little girl. I hope we can stop on the way for fuel.
    There are top up points. I made it through (just) last time.

TA22 Junkie Backyard Mechanic Silly Rabbit's Avatar

...this time i'm bringing the green '74........no more lagging at the back that some sad grandpa mofo .....18RG power FTW!!!!!!..and the old 4 wheel discs come in handy for the mental bit of twisty road from Kinglake to St Andrews..........bring it on
    “From the five years, 1968-73, if you were an F1 driver at that time, there was a very likely chance that you would have died.”
    - Jackie Stewart
    (now that's my type of racing )

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit
    ...this time i'm bringing the green '74........no more lagging at the back that some sad grandpa mofo .....18RG power FTW!!!!!!..and the old 4 wheel discs come in handy for the mental bit of twisty road from Kinglake to St Andrews..........bring it on
    You have 4 wheel discs YOU BASTARD!!!