Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota's Interchangable Oddities.... (TIO#)

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota's Interchangable Oddities.... (TIO#)

Ok, for reference. TA22 clutch slaves fit JDM Bellhousings (clutch slave on drivers side) perfectly.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 74ROLLA
    K40 and K50 gearbox are identical in every way (length, shifter position, etc) so same crossmember.
    EXCEPT FOR K50 OUT OF A KE70, which is a different shifter position
    to clarify, there are at least 4 versions of K40 and 2 of the K50 in the corolla series..
    3 different shifter positions (2 variants of the middle position. the KE20 vesrions sucks and most ppl break it the first time they try and pull the shifter out ), and for each shifter position the shift rods are different.... all except KE70 boxes have same rear mount.

however, shift rods can be swapped from box to box.. but at times, you may need to alter the position of the reverse switch.. (KE70 is at front of box, KE10 is in ext housing etc)
    K50 extension housings between KE55 and KE70 are direct swap.
    however, some things are not the same... notably the layshaft needle roller bearings come in at least 2 sizes... as do the bearings between the input and output shafts

i've had various combinations of al models stuck together at different times..

oh, and three different sets of speedo drives.. 5/19, 6/20 and 6/21... the 20 and 21 driven gears are interchangeable if the drive gear is 6 teeth, but not the 5 tooth.
    5/19 came in KE10, and will fit in all the other K boxes
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Grease Monkey

This question is belong to my friend..he want to change idler arm for TA22 celica,but idler arm for celica is very hard to find it in my place..Anyone knows from what model toyota are identical to TA22 and can interchange..Thanks.
    1976-RA28 Cicely mosquito LB2000GT

Less cheese than a Grease Monkey andurils_sheath's Avatar

Autotrends (Kuching) 47 Light Ind, Yoshi Square, Jalan Simen Raya, Kuching, Sarawak
    , 93450 Tel- 82 484628 Fax- 82 330803

Tri Automaxx,Selangor, West Malaysia, Sdn. Bhd, No. 26, Jalan P10/19,Selaman Industrial Park, 43650 Bandar Baru Bangi
    603-8926 1168 [email protected]

Both of these stores resell pedders products who subsequently stock ta22 idler arms, might cost a fair bit, but new is always gunna be better than second hand. Hope that helps mate.

I will talk to my friend...thanks for the info..
    1976-RA28 Cicely mosquito LB2000GT

Quote Originally Posted by truenosedan
    ae86 standard jdm 4.3
    ae86 standard adm 3.9
    To add a little here...
    AE86 GT has T-series diff with 43:10 gears as 4.3:1 ratio
    AE86 SR has S-series diff and 43:11 gears as 3.9:1 ratio.(4.1:1 with automatic)

I belive GT is JAP spec and SR is AUS and US spec.

GT is for sure EURO spec.

Hope this clarifies something.
    These facts are from EPC
    Old toys for old boys

nothin' doin Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by BradW
    Another one for those doing a smallport (100kw) 4age conversion.
    I bought an ecu and engine harness for my conversion and found that the harness did not come with the 12 pin ecu plug (which I believe is connected to the body harness on the donor car). After much searching I found that the wide body Camry (sorry, don't know the chassis code) with the s series engine has the same type of plugs on the ecu as the 100kw 4AGE.
    I was also told by The Witzl to look for an abs plug from a toyota of the same year model as the donor car as these are also the same.
    model code sxv10.

i'm fairly sure there are other ecu's that use the same 12pin plug as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway
    i am of no speech

The old One Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    St141 Corona live axle rear disk brakes bolt up to the RA40 diff (I assume the 23/28's are the same)

There is a problem with the axles ending up with about 5mm of end float due to the extra thickness of the caliper mount that sits between the axle retainer plate and the diff housing. The corona's would have the same problem, they have a different part number for the disk brake axle retainer plate which i believe will fix the problem. Just haven't got around to getting a look at one yet.... If not, then a sleeve could be machined up and welded to the inside of the retainer plate to take up the slack between it and the outer ring of the bearing.

Longer studs are needed to retain the axle and the steel brake pipes shortened and reflared too.

Haven't tackled the handbrake yet but don't see why the corona cables can't be used.

Darren.
    Check Tech Articles as all is explained.
    Last edited by ddeane; 13-01-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

MTEU, 1GGTE and 1JZGTE tachos all require the same signal.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

DIY Bloodline Domestic Engineer Talasas's Avatar

AE92 Secas have the same front end as overseas AE90, AE91 Sprinters (including sedans). In fact the overseas model Sprinter Cielo has many features in common with Australian Built AE93 SX Secas including:

- bonnet, guards and has the "2 slot" or "3 slot" front bumper
    - 7 dial instrument cluster (with far less kms on average!)
    - Suspension same to that of SX/GTi models (95% sure)
    - all interior parts fit but they are a trim which is either the same grade as a CS, SE model or a grey trim not available in Aus.

Differently, they have a double-DIN stereo/CD player from factory and some feature different climate controls. They also have a grille not available on Aussie model E9's.

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt
    This question is belong to my friend..he want to change idler arm for TA22 celica,but idler arm for celica is very hard to find it in my place..Anyone knows from what model toyota are identical to TA22 and can interchange..Thanks.
    Mate, The RA40 item is NEARLY identical. The idler arm basically has 3 parts. There is the base with bushing shaft which bolts to the subframe, the bushes that connect between the base and the arm itself, and the arm which is somewhat similar to a pitman arm. If you buy an RA40 item, then remove the arm and bushes from the base, and place these onto the TA22 ilder base, then viola you have a cheaper alternative which does the same job. You dont need to worry about the fatigue on the idler base, as it doesnt see much loading unless in a crash situation.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Due to a shortage of AE86 4A alternators in our area myself and Wiggles found out that the RA60 21R alternator fits AE86 4A with minimal modification to the 4A’s top alternator bracket and we used Bosch Alt. belt - 11A1030.

100% sure it works, if anyone is interested either of us could supply some pictures.
    Noelie Alito - The shortest distance between two points is under construction.

Daily Driver - 2003 Ford Fairmont Ghia 5.4l
    Weekend/Project Car - 1984 Toyota Celcia 2.4i XT
    Club Car - 1996 Hyundai Excel Sprint

3S-FE(and I think 5S-FE) alternators (i've tried two so far) bolt up to my RWD AE86 4A-GE.

Cheap at wreckers too.

Salad Fingers - do the 3S/5S-FE alternators need a different belt or bracket mods? or is it a straight fit?

Karbunkle and I would like to thank Jaquie from Super cheap Sandgate for letting us return the 7 alternator belts we test fitted while trying to get my Sprinter back on the road.
    Good. Fast. Cheap.

Pick 2.

Wiggles, mine bolted straight on, stock everything, except I dont have a 'stock' belt to compare it to, I just used a belt that looked the right size and it turned out to be.
    But since it uses the stock mounts i'd say a stock belt would be fine.