Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota's Interchangable Oddities.... (TIO#)

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota's Interchangable Oddities.... (TIO#)

Checked and confirmed today... RT142 corona fuel tank and fuel filter fit into RA60 perfectly... The RA60 even has the mounting bolt holes for the filter on the side of the engine bay. The fuel line from the RT142 wasnt very close to the right bend though, so it took a lot of re-bending to get it in, but i got there. Ill let you all know how i go with other parts of the swap, like the clutch pedal etc.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Car Alarm Guru and Grease Monkey GTtwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    Speaking of Coronas, for a decent front brake upgrade on an RT142/ST141 you can use RA6x Celica hubs, rotors and calipers. It bolts on with no mods and it's a substantial improvement over the solid-disc stockers.
    Or for for the lazy ones out there, (i.e - me), MX-73 discs and callipers go straight onto ST-141 hubs.

I like to pretend I'm a Domestic Engineer 74ROLLA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradW
    Everyone probably knows this already but for any one who doesn't, here goes.

When fitting a 4AGE into a KE3x/5x corolla the sprinter T50 gearbox rubber mount bolts straight onto the KE gearbox crossmember. This then bolts to the rearward gearbox crossmember bolt holes on the chassis of the KE. I don't know if this is the same for KE1x/2x corolla's though.
    Custom engine mounts then need to be made to suit.

Hope this is useful to some one considering this conversion.
    This is the same for KE20/25 Corolla's

Some more info on KE20/25
    KE20 and KE25 doors are different - windows surround is lower on the 25 due to lower roof line but can be changed with a KE20 surround if fitting on a '20

KE10 thru to KE26 stud pattern on wheels is 4 x 110 - interchangable with early 70's Mazda

KE30-55 discs can be fitted to KE20 hubs to keep stud pattern, but minimum 13" wheels required with KE30-55 discs
    Cheers
    ROB

pedro sanchez wannabee Domestic Engineer Dom-AE71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 74ROLLA
    This is the same for KE20/25 Corolla's

Some more info on KE20/25
    KE20 and KE25 doors are different - windows surround is lower on the 25 due to lower roof line but can be changed with a KE20 surround if fitting on a '20

KE10 thru to KE26 stud pattern on wheels is 4 x 110 - interchangable with early 70's Mazda

KE30-55 discs can be fitted to KE20 hubs to keep stud pattern, but minimum 13" wheels required with KE30-55 discs
    jsut trying to confirm wat is said here. T50 rubber gearbox mount onto a K50 gearbox crossmember?

My Missus is a Domestic Engineer BradW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom-KE55
    jsut trying to confirm wat is said here. T50 rubber gearbox mount onto a K50 gearbox crossmember?
    T50 gearbox rubber mount onto K gearbox crossmember.
    Is there a difference between K40 and K50 gearbox crossmembers?
    Stewart would be able to answer this.
    Brad

Old Corollas never die...

My KE30
    Updated 15/7/2007............ yes, I need to pull my finger out.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer TA22 GT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tricky
    Not really an oddity, but an interchanging myth. One thing I have been told is TA22 and RA23 bonnet hinges are NOT interchangable. I would like to disperse this myth.

Looks a little bit funny due to the angle , but I assure you they are identical.
    Dude,
    TA22 and RA23 hinges are not interchangable. They are different sizes. Sure you might be able to make them work by bolting onto a different spot but they DON'T fit straight on.
    Try bolting an RA23 hinge onto a TA22 in the original place and you will change your view on this....

BTW, an auto tailshaft from an early TA22 will fit straight onto a W55-57 gearbox without any mods. Also an auto cross member is a perfect fit for a W55 into TA22, just have to move the mounts back a little.

Cheers,
    Simon

I like to pretend I'm a Domestic Engineer 74ROLLA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradW
    Is there a difference between K40 and K50 gearbox crossmembers?
    Stewart would be able to answer this.
    K40 and K50 gearbox are identical in every way (length, shifter position, etc) so same crossmember.
    EXCEPT FOR K50 OUT OF A KE70, which is a different shifter position
    Cheers
    ROB

My Missus is a Domestic Engineer BradW's Avatar

Another one for those doing a smallport (100kw) 4age conversion.
    I bought an ecu and engine harness for my conversion and found that the harness did not come with the 12 pin ecu plug (which I believe is connected to the body harness on the donor car). After much searching I found that the wide body Camry (sorry, don't know the chassis code) with the s series engine has the same type of plugs on the ecu as the 100kw 4AGE.
    I was also told by The Witzl to look for an abs plug from a toyota of the same year model as the donor car as these are also the same.
    Brad

Old Corollas never die...

My KE30
    Updated 15/7/2007............ yes, I need to pull my finger out.

Backyard Corolla Kid Grease Monkey

another one for the AE86/70/71 TE72 boys

Tercel 17mm rear sway bar is a direct bolt on

iconoclast Backyard Mechanic Youngy's Avatar

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is very easy to get the 4 spot front brake calipers off the 4WD Hilux and bolt them onto the front of the 2WD Hilux?

Thanks

Not a patch on a Backyard Mechanic

The rear main oil seal for a 4E engined Startlet fits the 1G motor perfectly.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

I need confirmation on this but im about 99% sure....

AW11 Proportioning valve can be fitted to AE86 that has T series disk rear end to fix the bias issues created by replacing the drum diff....

Adam
    Yello and black AE86 J-blood obesity kit - Built 4AGE

Blue X70 Cresta 1GGte

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AE25
    found a jdm 3sfe st204 (base model)? celica has a two bolt alloy 15/16 brake master and bolts up in ke70/te71/te72 etc and probably all rwd corollas fwiw.. has level sensor and a neat snout on the filler so no more fluid sloshing out on those sideways excursions! brake line outlets a bit different so some mods to those required.

4wd ae10# and most 4wd celica carib rav4 etc have T series rear irs diff with 2.8:1 ratio. be interesing to see if those tall gears are small enough to fit a te7/ae86 corolla live axle?

anyone *completed* the altezza torsen a01b into live axle F series? ive so far sat it in the housing and bearings etc fit nice but the lsd carrier seems to *just* contact the pinion gear so might need 1mm removed off the pinion gear in my case. (tho the pinion was original F series one)

10" disk upgrade on ae86/ jdm te71 T diff. have seen a few jdm ma45 celica/supra mk1 with T series disk brake (non vented) diff with 10" brakes.. ma45 diff is wider but bolt pattern on end of T housing same.. calipers are same style as jdm te71 but different caliper bolt spacing... so will be possible to use ma45 caliper mount, caliper and disks on other T series disk brake diffs for 1" bigger disks.

E7 chassis and ae85/ae86 have identical shaped engine crossmembers with or without rack mounts. so say you want a 3tgt in a ke70 with rack.. use ke70/ae8# rack crossmember and carefully cut mounts off a te7# xmember and weld on the rack one for bolt up and factory mounting positions. (ive done it)

C and S bellhousings have same bolt pattern. bell front face needs to be milled to correct input shaft/ spigot allignment and space starter out in depending which starter used. (known someone do it)

G and W boxs have same bolt pattern to the bellhouse.. so liteace/townace/hiace etc vans with G52/G55 (side shifter) etc have bellhousings for supra box. 5k liteace has supra box bellhousing ha ha

1G reduction gear starter motors fit T engines. have tested it on 3tgte.. may have clearance issues on custom manifs etc

kp61 starlet k50 are bolt into ke3/ke2 corolla's because shifter is midway on tail housing, ke70 k50 shifter is at end of tail housing and tunnel cutting required and different mount.
    kp61 tail housings can be swapped onto ke70/ae70/ae85 k50 box's

I have a YM35 Liteace, i was under the impression that the gearbox my car uses bolts directly up to an s series engine, i.e. 3SGTE etc.

So K series liteaces have bellhousings for W and G series engines, and the Y series Liteaces have bellhousings for an S series engines, good for that RWD 3sgte conversion they're also very tough boxes aswell (apparantly).

Eldar.O.

Car Butcher Carport Converter WDE_BDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EldarO
    So K series liteaces have bellhousings for W and G series engines, and the Y series Liteaces have bellhousings for an S series engines, good for that RWD 3sgte conversion they're also very tough boxes aswell (apparantly).

Eldar.O.
    Its W and G series boxes that are same bolt pattern, not engines. So what you need to confirm is if the Y engine and S engine are the same or similar bellhousing pattern. If they are then the Y to G bellhousing will work on an S to W.

Callum

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Yeah, that is correct. Joel at one point, and Gabe too, were using 1Y bellhousings on their 3S RWD projects.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence