Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300rwkw on 2j with factory twins

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default 300rwkw on 2j with factory twins

Is this possible? Will the wheels spin off the turbos 4 seconds after it makes this kind of power? Has anyone done it?

Thanx

Not just a regular Backyard Mechanic ProjectSleeper's Avatar

Default Re: 300rwkw on 2j with factory twins

ask dale how close we got

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

if someone does it with nitrous is that cheating?

id like to
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia HKS_TRD's Avatar

You could do it with nitrous and no turbos?

yeah...with 250hp of gas
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

250rwkw is generally considered the practical limit. That's not to say you couldn't do 300, but it would take a lot of doing and I'd say the turbos would be very fragile at that power level.

Why would you want to though?

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    Why would you want to though?
    prove a point before removing them to replace with a T78 or similar...

there is a slight change the motor could become damaged in the process though...so not sure if its worth it
    Project Soarer II - Sold

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

I've seen a 1JZ destroyed when a turbine let go, so I wouldn't be taking the risk...

BBP racing 3rzfe+T Carport Converter BeRad's Avatar

haha could be expensive to prove a point
    Only the shittiest of wines come in 5 litres

boosted 3rz hilux *new project* mwahaha
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...940#post134940

www.malicious.com.au Automotive Encyclopaedia ReQuieM's Avatar

I'm hitting just over 250rwkw with a 1j. Hoping to hit pretty close to 300rwkw with the new head that I'm building up at the moment. So I don't see why you couldn't get close. If its not tuned right tho you could cause some big damage.

If you do atempt it get your tuner to keep your fuel mixture a little richer then optimum to keep the EGT's down. I've got a theiry that the ceramics fail from excessive heat. Seams that the bonding material that holds the ceramic turbine to the shaft gives out and sends the wheel smashing around in the housing then out to your cat. They let go at all different PSI, heard of the japanesse running 21psi! but they have good fuel... bastards....
    Malicious

Illustration, Design, etc... www.malicious.com.au

RIP James Nicol (ViPeR_NiPPleX)...

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

My MPH never went up when I ran over 19psi due to boost spiking. So I reckon that after a certain boost level power just doesn't go up anymore with the stockers. (I was not running any exhaust restrictors either) As far as I know, Southo is the only one that has come close. Most tuners say they run out of puff at not much over 270. But they might still be running the 2.25 Y pipe? Were you running one Southo?

I am not a big fan of dyno readings. I am 100% positive you could get a dyno to read 300rwkw with the stockers. But if that means a lot, I am not so sure. Maybe if you ran 2 no1 turbine housings (so you had 2 wastegates) and made twin dumps etc you could do it more safely. I don't think you could do it with a 2.25 restrictor in the exhaust. A big reason I got rid of my stockers was I was paranoid of blowing them up and destroying my engine. It does happen. Fucks me how, but it does.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31
    My MPH never went up when I ran over 19psi due to boost spiking. So I reckon that after a certain boost level power just doesn't go up anymore with the stockers. (I was not running any exhaust restrictors either) As far as I know, Southo is the only one that has come close. Most tuners say they run out of puff at not much over 270. But they might still be running the 2.25 Y pipe? Were you running one Southo?

I am not a big fan of dyno readings. I am 100% positive you could get a dyno to read 300rwkw with the stockers. But if that means a lot, I am not so sure. Maybe if you ran 2 no1 turbine housings (so you had 2 wastegates) and made twin dumps etc you could do it more safely. I don't think you could do it with a 2.25 restrictor in the exhaust. A big reason I got rid of my stockers was I was paranoid of blowing them up and destroying my engine. It does happen. Fucks me how, but it does.

Your exhaust sucks air back in as it blows, with a tunned length maniflod this greatly reduces the chance of the wheel coming off and going back the wrong way into your engine. That would be my starting point. Do you want a streetable 300kw or just 300kw as the second is too easy if you have the cash. Free spool the turbo's, turn em upside down dumping straight out the bonnet, methanol injection, nos, cams, 1JZ head, ecu, the question is not can it be done, but on what budget.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

WTF? 1JZ head? Upside down turbos? The point is if can you do it without spending much money. If you wanted to spend enough to do all that other stuff the stock turbos would be the first thing to go in the bin.

Chuck, I think there is a low 11 to high 10 in the stockers if you push them in the Lux given that I ran 115mph with 300kg more. You would ave to get rid of the restrictor though. Seems that on SF people are really struggling to get 300 with high flows at above 20psi.
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 20-03-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Yeah it was just a question. I think I'll just plod along with factory power for a little while

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

1Jz head on 2Jz = step backwards, we've been through this countless times.

Elmo.