Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ra23 conversion

70s Tragic Grease Monkey RA28tragic's Avatar

Default Re: ra23 conversion

So how is it going????
    Living in the 70s

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Talking Re: ra23 conversion

Nearly ready for diff no 3 lol, have to get my finger out an put the disk rear end in though! Other than that cars still looking good and bringing tears to xr8 boys eyes.
    Have a good one

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: ra23 conversion

Hey mate i really hope you bought these two cars. you can easily make your money back off them if you find you don't want to keep them too. If you like the twin cam my personal suggestion would be to get both take out anything good from the TA, e.g. 2TG and good interior, panels, boot lid or bonnet if no rust, bumpers if only small dents anything in good nick. Depending on where you live take it to the nearest wrecking yard dealing with these cars. Sleeka Spares is a good one. Sell all of it even take the shell down there see if he wants it if he doesn't take it to scrap metal you get $$$ either way. (just a tip tho take off the good parts first you should get a bit more money this way because they have already been removed labour has been done for him) don't sell the 2TG I'll get to that in a sec. KEEP THE CARBIES

The RA you said was immac right? fantastic you can make your money back right there if you really wanted too. Take out the work of satan 18RC and store the nice body in a shed till later. clear a good space to work on the 18RC.
    Step 1: pull it apart.
    Step 2: Take exhaust manifold (not extractors), carbies, head, old pistons after removing them from the rods and drop them off at a scrap metal yard $$$ in your pocket so far this has cost you $1500 and your making your money back.
    Step 3: Take the complete 2TG with gear box, extractors if with it down to Sleeka spares. Offer to sell the engine and use the money to purchase parts. Pick up with money made an 18RG head and all the timing fronts and gears needed purchase new parts needed e.g bearings, pistons, chains, rings, guides, gasket set etc
    Step 4: Build your 18RG head will bolt to 18RC block, so will the extractors and with the right intake manifold so will the carbies.
    Step 5: Bolt in spanking new 18RG

or if you are un mechanical and don't want to chuff it all up. I know there is a worked sitting at Sleeka Spares going pretty cheap with carbies and i think a gearbox so you might want to try trade your stuff for it. hoonestly you would have done this for nearly the $1500 you bought both cars for and end up with a car people will hate you for and you would die for I hope you bought these cars mate. Hope this helped any questions Pm me.