Thread: faded touchscreen in mz21 gt limted

limmy 1st year Apprentice

Default faded touchscreen in mz21 gt limted

big problem is that its faded im not sure if there is a light or LED that needs replacing? or the whole unit, it still beeps when u touch it but apart from that im unsure, i know it controls the aircon and rado? and TV.... but i dont have no tv. i just wouldnt mind getting it going. if there is anyone thats has played with these things, i would love to hear from you, need a bit of info myself.

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

Default Re: faded touchscreen in mz21 gt limted

sounds like the FL inverter has gone or is on the way out. think of the touch-screen as like being the screen of a laptop, these LCD screens need a Fluorescent Lamp Inverter (FL Inverter for short) which is basically a small strip of light that gets powered on when the LCD is turned on as well.

best people to talk to about this (for repairing) would be people who repair laptops and such, as I used to repair quite a few of these myself. this would most likely be the cause of your fading, but I can't be 100% on the diagnosis without seeing the symptoms for myself, sorry.

good luck with it anyway.
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video

limmy 1st year Apprentice

thanx for you bit of advice, i know people that can fix lappys so maybe i will try them, i heard that also it could be an LED light of some sort of lamp in the back that causes it. i cant find out a whole lot of info on the net which bums me. i want to get this back back to its original condition.

Drift barge master Backyard Mechanic orestes's Avatar

you'll find that LCDs are backlit, and when this globe goes pop it'll be harder to see what's being displayed on the monitor, it may be something as simple as replacing a light bulb.

for what it's worth I have seen 15 year old + LCD monitors in perfect working order