Thread: 3T carby vaccum connections

Forum Member

Default 3T carby vaccum connections

Dear all,

I am a newbie to this forum, and i have a TT132 (its a 1.8 carb corona liftback) year 1980. It uses a 3T engine which is original, and i have been tinkering with the carburetor lately, and found that there are a lot of unused vaccum actuators/hoses which doesnt make any sense..

Would appreciate it if someone can help by posting a vacuum diagram or somethign similar for my easy refernce and set up.

The car has airconditioning, which means there is an 'idle up' solenoid vaccum actuator thingy as well. The car as it is, idles well, but with the aircond on, sometimes the idle is high, and sometimes low..this is what I am trying to resolve. Another thing is that on deceleration, the rpm is slow to return to idle, and this is proving to be annoying as well..

Well, anyways, I hope you guys can show me a few pointers, as it will be much appreciated!!!

Edwin
    Last edited by edwinj; 12-02-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: for clarity in the title

7M-BHGE Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: 3T corona

Sounds like an interesting car, we didnt get 3T corona's in Australia.

The vacuum lines can be very important, especially as the carby probably has a vacuum operated secondary.
    Sorry, i cant help with a schematic diagram, but i can suggest ditching the stock carby for 32/36 DGV weber or a-like.
    Also, editing the title of the thread to: "3T Carby info needed - Vacuum connections", or something will attract more of the right attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiddz
    deodorised fish oil = winnnaaaaaa, goodness of teh fishz but with out the smellz

Forum Member

Default Re: 3T corona

screamn sleeka!!

yes, i shall chg the topic header to something more relevant...!!

no, i dont plan to junk the jap carby, because this car is for 'economical riding'..*LOL* my other rides arae forced induction, so fuel consumption is indeed an issue here..

anyways, anybody, if you guys got the vaccum schematics for the 3T carby, kindly let me know..

till then, cheers all!!!

edwin

Forum Member

Default Re: 3T carby vaccum connections

All,

Just a brief update. I have junked all the vacuum connections for the emission systm, leaving just the vacuum tap-off for the dizzy advance, as well as vacuum for the aircond idle up device.

Now that kinda frees up a lot of stuff, leaving me just with 1 last item to resolve, which is the auto choke.

From my prelim investigations, the autochoke butterfly is actuated by 2 vaccum driven diagphrams. These diagphrams seem to be operated by a temperature controlled vacuum switch. If any one has any idea as how these works (pictures, description, schematics) as well as a pic of the choke/vaccum actuator connection would be much appreciated!!!

Many thanks,

Edwin